Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Succulents??
1 2
I have a purple heart that refuses to die. I've had it over a year now, and I am convinced it is immortal.

Cats eating the leaves? No problem.
Winter? Ignores it.
Kept in the dark and forgotten? Grows without color.
Sudden change in climate from moving? Handles it well.

At this point it has outlasted all other plants.
I have a purple heart that refuses to die. I've had it over a year now, and I am convinced it is immortal.

Cats eating the leaves? No problem.
Winter? Ignores it.
Kept in the dark and forgotten? Grows without color.
Sudden change in climate from moving? Handles it well.

At this point it has outlasted all other plants.
They/Them - 20 - Queer - Disabled - Psychotic (not derogatory) - http://inkpotsanpatches.carrd.co - Ping me - Don't send friend requests if we have not interacted before - Writing and Adopts - Cheap Playlists - Projects - Adopt Shop
I have obtained a new plant! It is a zebra something succulent and it will probably die soon.
I have obtained a new plant! It is a zebra something succulent and it will probably die soon.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
They are very pretty. I only have one succulent right now, an Aloe Vera, although I do have a few other plants. I have been wanting to get a plant I that the name I have been given for it hen and chicks (I don't know how common that name is for them). where the main plant buds of smaller plants off of its roots that eventually you can remove and replant separately. My great grandmother had one and I found it very cute. A lot of succulents need a lot of light witch is difficult for me because much of my house is cover by trees so there are only a few spots with bright sun.
They are very pretty. I only have one succulent right now, an Aloe Vera, although I do have a few other plants. I have been wanting to get a plant I that the name I have been given for it hen and chicks (I don't know how common that name is for them). where the main plant buds of smaller plants off of its roots that eventually you can remove and replant separately. My great grandmother had one and I found it very cute. A lot of succulents need a lot of light witch is difficult for me because much of my house is cover by trees so there are only a few spots with bright sun.
dT9HQge.png
StJyjbv.png
I love ghost plants!!! I used to have this big one, but my stepdad broke it,,, it propagated really well for a bit until my aunt dropped the pot, so now I only have two really itty bitty ones that I'm trying to save :)

I also have another plant that my mom got me as a gift after a band concert, but I don't know what kind it is

(Also, It may be dying because I had no idea that It was a real plant at first so it was behind my computer in the dark for almost two months(it BLOOMED though,,,,, what the heck) and in a panic I thrust it under direct sunlight for a few days.... it aint doing so well ;-;)
I love ghost plants!!! I used to have this big one, but my stepdad broke it,,, it propagated really well for a bit until my aunt dropped the pot, so now I only have two really itty bitty ones that I'm trying to save :)

I also have another plant that my mom got me as a gift after a band concert, but I don't know what kind it is

(Also, It may be dying because I had no idea that It was a real plant at first so it was behind my computer in the dark for almost two months(it BLOOMED though,,,,, what the heck) and in a panic I thrust it under direct sunlight for a few days.... it aint doing so well ;-;)

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
I have a few! I also think your bearpaw is adorable; I have one too! I also have a few echeverias, cacti, kalanchoe, sedum, copper spoons, and a haworthia!

I live in Arizona, so it's just at that point where I can't keep them outside, but a south-facing window indoors is almost great for them.
I have a few! I also think your bearpaw is adorable; I have one too! I also have a few echeverias, cacti, kalanchoe, sedum, copper spoons, and a haworthia!

I live in Arizona, so it's just at that point where I can't keep them outside, but a south-facing window indoors is almost great for them.
.-.
I have a single little man of my own, Jeremy, a blue giant I rescued from certain death at Home Depot. (Currently weighing the pros and cons of replanting him in a wine glass. Thoughts?)
I'm currently making plans to rescue my mom's succulents because at this point, even the cacti are dying.
I have a single little man of my own, Jeremy, a blue giant I rescued from certain death at Home Depot. (Currently weighing the pros and cons of replanting him in a wine glass. Thoughts?)
I'm currently making plans to rescue my mom's succulents because at this point, even the cacti are dying.
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
i would definitely avoid putting succulents in wine glasses, any sort of container with no holes at the bottom is Root Rot Speedrun (100% Glitchless WR); most competent nurseries and SOMETIMES big hardware stores (had the most luck at lowes, home depot not so much) will have nice pots with drainage holes at the bottom

bit of a tangent but if you're decent with tools and you have a cup/holeless pot/other ceramic thing you want to convert into a pot, you can (carefully) do it with a drill and a ceramic drill bit

i have very many succulents and im taking them all to college on a road trip one of them had to go through some French Revolution Revisionary Surgery but he seems to have adjusted just fine (and his bottom half, the stem that i left behind, is growing new babies)
i would definitely avoid putting succulents in wine glasses, any sort of container with no holes at the bottom is Root Rot Speedrun (100% Glitchless WR); most competent nurseries and SOMETIMES big hardware stores (had the most luck at lowes, home depot not so much) will have nice pots with drainage holes at the bottom

bit of a tangent but if you're decent with tools and you have a cup/holeless pot/other ceramic thing you want to convert into a pot, you can (carefully) do it with a drill and a ceramic drill bit

i have very many succulents and im taking them all to college on a road trip one of them had to go through some French Revolution Revisionary Surgery but he seems to have adjusted just fine (and his bottom half, the stem that i left behind, is growing new babies)
1 2