Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Arlo's Artifacts Flashing
When I uncover a tile in Arlo's Artifacts, the screen flashes white as it refreshes. I do not have this problem with refreshing on other parts of the site. I'm not sure how well the video below shows it, but it looks like the image inside the uncovered square also flashes white. This flashing happens when using both the pickaxe and magnifying glass. This glitch occurs on my Windows laptop, but not on my Ipad.

https://youtu.be/dBL3k_1T67g

Edit: Using "Clean Up All Worked Tiles" does help minimizing the flashing.

Edit 2: The flashing occurs on Opera GX as well, but to a lesser extent.
When I uncover a tile in Arlo's Artifacts, the screen flashes white as it refreshes. I do not have this problem with refreshing on other parts of the site. I'm not sure how well the video below shows it, but it looks like the image inside the uncovered square also flashes white. This flashing happens when using both the pickaxe and magnifying glass. This glitch occurs on my Windows laptop, but not on my Ipad.

https://youtu.be/dBL3k_1T67g

Edit: Using "Clean Up All Worked Tiles" does help minimizing the flashing.

Edit 2: The flashing occurs on Opera GX as well, but to a lesser extent.
!! signature under construction !!
I'm using a desktop, and I've experienced this on Chrome. Opera just freezes for a moment between refreshes. This does not happen on my android phone.
I'm using a desktop, and I've experienced this on Chrome. Opera just freezes for a moment between refreshes. This does not happen on my android phone.
Avatar-left.png72117777p.pngAvatar-right.png
xxxxxxx
Crystal-divider-smallest.png
x
C R Y S T A L L O I D
enby • they/them • 3 FRT
salesavatarmusic
x
Crystal-divider-smallest-F.png
xxxxxxx
Avatar-left.png60499266p.pngAvatar-right.png
[quote name="Crystalloid" date="2022-02-08 11:53:03" ] I'm using a desktop, and I've experienced this on Chrome. Opera just freezes for a moment between refreshes. This does not happen on my android phone. [/quote] I've just installed Opera GX and it does help a lot! Thank you [and Niceless in another thread] for recommending it [emoji=wildclaw laughing size=1]
Crystalloid wrote on 2022-02-08 11:53:03:

I've just installed Opera GX and it does help a lot! Thank you [and Niceless in another thread] for recommending it
Today, the flashing issues have returned, now on Opera GX as well. It's not as bad as Chrome, but it is still flashing. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/900147686639042570/941095770688487444/unknown.png[/img] Video of the glitch: [url]https://youtu.be/GTS36aUeCyU[/url]
Today, the flashing issues have returned, now on Opera GX as well. It's not as bad as Chrome, but it is still flashing.

unknown.png

Video of the glitch: https://youtu.be/GTS36aUeCyU
I've had the same experience on both my Windows computer using Firefox, and my Android phone (also using Firefox).
I've had the same experience on both my Windows computer using Firefox, and my Android phone (also using Firefox).
KvxzF3W.png ♦ adult ♦ he/him ♦ FR Time ♦ kpop fan ♦ pms / pings / friend requests ok ♦ lore

You did well today
I'm bumping this since I'm getting the same problem on Firefox right now, using Win 10, on multiple machines. This seemed to be the most recent post mentioning it.

I've also seen some murmerings about something similar now being the case on the Gathering page, which is a bit worse - with Arlo there's five reloads in a row, with Gathering you're doing 16 in a row. I've personally noticed the white flash happening when going through different site pages, too. Going through forum threads has a flash as well, but it's slightly improved in that the whole background isn't reloading, so it's a dark flash instead of white.

I'm honestly not sure where to put this, it's not a bug per se, but it is a loading behaviour that's a bit problematic.
I'm bumping this since I'm getting the same problem on Firefox right now, using Win 10, on multiple machines. This seemed to be the most recent post mentioning it.

I've also seen some murmerings about something similar now being the case on the Gathering page, which is a bit worse - with Arlo there's five reloads in a row, with Gathering you're doing 16 in a row. I've personally noticed the white flash happening when going through different site pages, too. Going through forum threads has a flash as well, but it's slightly improved in that the whole background isn't reloading, so it's a dark flash instead of white.

I'm honestly not sure where to put this, it's not a bug per se, but it is a loading behaviour that's a bit problematic.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif