Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Best Mobile Game Combat Systems?
Hi! I'm doing some research into some combat systems in mobile games for a personal project, and I was curious as to any ones you guys might like! I'm moreso looking for combat systems you might see in gacha games that have levels or battles or something of the like. I know there's a lot of reskins out there, so the more unique, the better! I'm looking to hear about everything, from the strategic grid-based combat in Fire Emblem Heroes, to the unique tower-defense gameplay of Arknights, to, heck, isn't there a game or two out there where the levels are like a board game?

I'm not totally sure if what I'm saying here makes sense, haha. Thank you guys in advance! Feel free to rave about your favorite combat systems from more than just mobile games if you like as well!
Hi! I'm doing some research into some combat systems in mobile games for a personal project, and I was curious as to any ones you guys might like! I'm moreso looking for combat systems you might see in gacha games that have levels or battles or something of the like. I know there's a lot of reskins out there, so the more unique, the better! I'm looking to hear about everything, from the strategic grid-based combat in Fire Emblem Heroes, to the unique tower-defense gameplay of Arknights, to, heck, isn't there a game or two out there where the levels are like a board game?

I'm not totally sure if what I'm saying here makes sense, haha. Thank you guys in advance! Feel free to rave about your favorite combat systems from more than just mobile games if you like as well!
The battle cats is GREAT from what i've seen, it's too much of a grind for me to handle but the balancing and strategizing with different cats with different roles is all very interesting to where i bingewatch videos though I don't play myself
The battle cats is GREAT from what i've seen, it's too much of a grind for me to handle but the balancing and strategizing with different cats with different roles is all very interesting to where i bingewatch videos though I don't play myself
idk about gacha but
angry birds epic isnt like, available but you can find a way to play it id youd like
its an rpg thats simple to play yet you can strategize surprisingly well its suuper fun
idk about gacha but
angry birds epic isnt like, available but you can find a way to play it id youd like
its an rpg thats simple to play yet you can strategize surprisingly well its suuper fun
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
tecnically cheating because its not originally a mobile game but shin megami tensei L Dx2 is the most fun i've had playing a turn based mobile game

i've also heard sorcery 1-4 are fairly interesting mobile rpgs that escape from the usual formula, but i haven't played them myself yet
tecnically cheating because its not originally a mobile game but shin megami tensei L Dx2 is the most fun i've had playing a turn based mobile game

i've also heard sorcery 1-4 are fairly interesting mobile rpgs that escape from the usual formula, but i haven't played them myself yet
29vcwrR.gif

7XiycbK.gif
Se6OEzL.gif
efbd526ffdc363c82cdf72ac37ebe9caf36c32d0.gif
arknights has SUCH an interesting combat system

it has the strategy based tower-defense system, and then adding a whole other level of combat to it . the variety of operators ( characters ) in the game is HUUGE ! you have almost every class and sub-class you can think of , and those sub-classes also have a variety of niches you can only use in a certain stage or in an event ( take CC ( contingency contract ) for example ! )

i recommend you search on youtube "arknights cc risk 33" ! you can take a look at some of the more high-end strategies in arknights :-) an interesting watch for sure !
arknights has SUCH an interesting combat system

it has the strategy based tower-defense system, and then adding a whole other level of combat to it . the variety of operators ( characters ) in the game is HUUGE ! you have almost every class and sub-class you can think of , and those sub-classes also have a variety of niches you can only use in a certain stage or in an event ( take CC ( contingency contract ) for example ! )

i recommend you search on youtube "arknights cc risk 33" ! you can take a look at some of the more high-end strategies in arknights :-) an interesting watch for sure !
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
Tales of Link.
While it's a defunct gacha for many reasons (among them being Bandai Namco advertising), the gameplay was and is so drastically different from the rest of the gacha I've played. It relied on leader skill, prediction, matching, and running combos of similar characters. It pains me that it's been shut down for so long and nothing else has come close to replacing the gameplay.

Sdorica is known for its use of card mechanics, and integration of lower level characters being worthwhile to build.

Strategic and grid-based? Don't forget Langrisser.

Destiny Child has a slide-based system that's simple to auto, though it comes in various formats:
World Boss, Endless Dungeon, Eve's RPG, Ragna Break, etc.
Tales of Link.
While it's a defunct gacha for many reasons (among them being Bandai Namco advertising), the gameplay was and is so drastically different from the rest of the gacha I've played. It relied on leader skill, prediction, matching, and running combos of similar characters. It pains me that it's been shut down for so long and nothing else has come close to replacing the gameplay.

Sdorica is known for its use of card mechanics, and integration of lower level characters being worthwhile to build.

Strategic and grid-based? Don't forget Langrisser.

Destiny Child has a slide-based system that's simple to auto, though it comes in various formats:
World Boss, Endless Dungeon, Eve's RPG, Ragna Break, etc.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.