Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [G] Pricing Food on the Auction House
1 2
Thank you sooo much for this, I was so confused until I followed this guide, and I sold a stack of food in minutes!
Thank you sooo much for this, I was so confused until I followed this guide, and I sold a stack of food in minutes!
52249888457_5a6794a42c.jpg
my personal secret since i've returned is to mix methods 2 and 3.

-if the stack is of 2 or 3 point food, majorly undercut 4 points. they're not getting better value than 4 pointers but it's cheaper so people will still buy.

-if the stack is of 4 point food, minorly undercut 4 points. works especially well if you have tons of 4 point stacks so it turns into the actual best value floor.

-if the stack is of 5 point food, match 4 points. this will lead to better value per gem/treasure spent and sell before the other listings to savvy customers.
my personal secret since i've returned is to mix methods 2 and 3.

-if the stack is of 2 or 3 point food, majorly undercut 4 points. they're not getting better value than 4 pointers but it's cheaper so people will still buy.

-if the stack is of 4 point food, minorly undercut 4 points. works especially well if you have tons of 4 point stacks so it turns into the actual best value floor.

-if the stack is of 5 point food, match 4 points. this will lead to better value per gem/treasure spent and sell before the other listings to savvy customers.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
@Edelgard

We'll have to agree to disagree on some things :P

I find that 2-point moves just as fast as your 4 even though, in bulk, it can be much more expensive (depending on the item) but overall, the difference isn't actually that huge. My point is though there is still value in 2- and 3-, there's no need to 'majorly' undercut anything unless you are fine with clearing out your bag at a significantly less price. Since you're likely selling in stacks of like ... 30 max though since these foods have such low drop rates, you probably won't notice a difference either way.

Heavily disagree on the 5 points though. Right now 5 points go for about 290 treasure each and 4 points are 190. At this point in time, you'd be undercutting market value by 65%! That's huge!! Not only are you slashing your own profits but you're also degrading the value on the market itself - and keep in mind, 5 points require effort to acquire. They often need specialized coli teams (more lv 25 dragons + tincture + stone investment to farm efficiently) or use up your gathering turns every day in order to accrue large amounts of them. They take greater effort and time to get in large amounts, and that has an effect on their price. Undercutting at such a massive margin devalues that time and effort not only for you (as if you find no additional value in it, that's fine) but for all the other sellers as well.

Again, though, agree to disagree. If that's how you do things then I'm not gonna lecture you on it.
@Edelgard

We'll have to agree to disagree on some things :P

I find that 2-point moves just as fast as your 4 even though, in bulk, it can be much more expensive (depending on the item) but overall, the difference isn't actually that huge. My point is though there is still value in 2- and 3-, there's no need to 'majorly' undercut anything unless you are fine with clearing out your bag at a significantly less price. Since you're likely selling in stacks of like ... 30 max though since these foods have such low drop rates, you probably won't notice a difference either way.

Heavily disagree on the 5 points though. Right now 5 points go for about 290 treasure each and 4 points are 190. At this point in time, you'd be undercutting market value by 65%! That's huge!! Not only are you slashing your own profits but you're also degrading the value on the market itself - and keep in mind, 5 points require effort to acquire. They often need specialized coli teams (more lv 25 dragons + tincture + stone investment to farm efficiently) or use up your gathering turns every day in order to accrue large amounts of them. They take greater effort and time to get in large amounts, and that has an effect on their price. Undercutting at such a massive margin devalues that time and effort not only for you (as if you find no additional value in it, that's fine) but for all the other sellers as well.

Again, though, agree to disagree. If that's how you do things then I'm not gonna lecture you on it.
Selling some old, and leveled, dragons!
I've used method 1 and 2 so far and it's definitely a good idea to double-check the prices for hibden/Baldwin/Swipp food items, some of them go for surprisingly lot [quote name="SimonBlackquill" date="2022-05-01 11:15:14" ] Flight Rising, however, is a small game and so while the second removes less money the amount that is put into the system is limited. The longer you post your item on the Auction House, the larger this portion will be. 1 day is 10% of the profit, 3 days is 20%, and 7 days is 30%. For example, if you were to post an item for 1000 treasure: 1 day = 10 treasure is taken when the item is sold. 3 days = 20 treasure is taken when the item is sold, and 7 days = 30 treasure is taken. The game actually lets you know about this before you confirm your posting! [/quote] Also, I would like to point out a small correction here - it's not 10, 20 and 30% but 1, 2 and 3% that FR takes from treasure sales ;) 30% from 1000T would be 300T, not 30T
I've used method 1 and 2 so far and it's definitely a good idea to double-check the prices for hibden/Baldwin/Swipp food items, some of them go for surprisingly lot
SimonBlackquill wrote on 2022-05-01 11:15:14:
Flight Rising, however, is a small game and so while the second removes less money the amount that is put into the system is limited. The longer you post your item on the Auction House, the larger this portion will be. 1 day is 10% of the profit, 3 days is 20%, and 7 days is 30%.

For example, if you were to post an item for 1000 treasure: 1 day = 10 treasure is taken when the item is sold. 3 days = 20 treasure is taken when the item is sold, and 7 days = 30 treasure is taken. The game actually lets you know about this before you confirm your posting!

Also, I would like to point out a small correction here - it's not 10, 20 and 30% but 1, 2 and 3% that FR takes from treasure sales ;) 30% from 1000T would be 300T, not 30T
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png
[quote name="TribalDragon" date="2022-06-14 15:02:10" ] I've used method 1 and 2 so far and it's definitely a good idea to double-check the prices for hibden/Baldwin/Swipp food items, some of them go for surprisingly lot Also, I would like to point out a small correction here - it's not 10, 20 and 30% but 1, 2 and 3% that FR takes from treasure sales ;) 30% from 1000T would be 300T, not 30T [/quote] ... lol you're right. duhhh math is hard xD
TribalDragon wrote on 2022-06-14 15:02:10:
I've used method 1 and 2 so far and it's definitely a good idea to double-check the prices for hibden/Baldwin/Swipp food items, some of them go for surprisingly lot

Also, I would like to point out a small correction here - it's not 10, 20 and 30% but 1, 2 and 3% that FR takes from treasure sales ;) 30% from 1000T would be 300T, not 30T

... lol you're right. duhhh math is hard xD
Selling some old, and leveled, dragons!
Thank you for this!
Thank you for this!
fXjdRL8.png
1 2