Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Simple lair banner option (no eyestrain)
So I LOVE the new lair banners and think they're very very pretty - however I've seen people voice concerns about eyestrain due to them being quite vibrant. Thus, I come bearing a suggestion: a "Simple" option for each flight that'd be more toned down and neutral!

What I specifically had in mind would be a muted-down background color with a flag or a banner at the top header in the user's flight's color with the flight's symbol in the middle - think Joxar's fest banners for an existing on-site example of what I was thinking.

Please lmk if parts of this don't make sense and I'll elaborate lol, examples maybe later when I'm on PC
So I LOVE the new lair banners and think they're very very pretty - however I've seen people voice concerns about eyestrain due to them being quite vibrant. Thus, I come bearing a suggestion: a "Simple" option for each flight that'd be more toned down and neutral!

What I specifically had in mind would be a muted-down background color with a flag or a banner at the top header in the user's flight's color with the flight's symbol in the middle - think Joxar's fest banners for an existing on-site example of what I was thinking.

Please lmk if parts of this don't make sense and I'll elaborate lol, examples maybe later when I'm on PC
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
I don't have a problem with the suggestion as-is, but... I do wonder how much of this will be alleviated when the other region backdrops "unlock"? Potentially, they could be much more muted (I'm thinking of Hewn City for Light, as an example).

That said, accessibility features always good, and I could see some very cool designs coming of this (I'm envisioning like, Osiem's little flight-flag bio assets).
I don't have a problem with the suggestion as-is, but... I do wonder how much of this will be alleviated when the other region backdrops "unlock"? Potentially, they could be much more muted (I'm thinking of Hewn City for Light, as an example).

That said, accessibility features always good, and I could see some very cool designs coming of this (I'm envisioning like, Osiem's little flight-flag bio assets).
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2022-06-09 05:17:46" ] I don't have a problem with the suggestion as-is, but... I do wonder how much of this will be alleviated when the other region backdrops "unlock"? Potentially, they could be much more muted (I'm thinking of Hewn City for Light, as an example). That said, accessibility features always good, and I could see some very cool designs coming of this (I'm envisioning like, Osiem's little flight-flag bio assets). [/quote] This definitely came to mind earlier for me as well! The general art direction the site has been taking however has been quite bright so I don't think it's out of the question to believe the rest of the banners will follow suit :o
Renaiwom wrote on 2022-06-09 05:17:46:

This definitely came to mind earlier for me as well! The general art direction the site has been taking however has been quite bright so I don't think it's out of the question to believe the rest of the banners will follow suit :o
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
I'd love to be able to at least have the option of switching back to the old banner. I always envisioned my lair being underwater instead of on the beach, the old art worked a little better for that.
I'd love to be able to at least have the option of switching back to the old banner. I always envisioned my lair being underwater instead of on the beach, the old art worked a little better for that.