Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Baldwin got a revamp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@umbrellafella
Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for other sources, but the wiki worked fine for the moment. Damn, can't believe this man has gotten 3 entire art revamps. Good for him!
@umbrellafella
Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for other sources, but the wiki worked fine for the moment. Damn, can't believe this man has gotten 3 entire art revamps. Good for him!
I love the improvement! Can't wait to see which NPC is getting new work next ^^
I love the improvement! Can't wait to see which NPC is getting new work next ^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
He looks so HAPPY I want to hug him and for him to teach me how to do alchemy like a sweet old grandpa. I loved his previous pose and the art will still take some getting used to but in the old art he was just kind of existing. I can see his personality a lot more with this art and I love him!!
He looks so HAPPY I want to hug him and for him to teach me how to do alchemy like a sweet old grandpa. I loved his previous pose and the art will still take some getting used to but in the old art he was just kind of existing. I can see his personality a lot more with this art and I love him!!
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2022-06-03 13:16:40" ] i like this new art better on a purely technical level, but i wish they'd kept his belly :( i miss chubby grandpa, it was part of his charm [/quote] We are pretty satisfied with the art quality in the update to Baldwin. As a disclosure, he was pretty small as a pearlcatcher, and appeared larger in part because of the cauldron, and in part because of how Xhaztol draws bogsneaks. That said - -It's a really good point how the art provided representation! Between this thread and others we are taking note of the desire for characters of different sizes, and we're going to remember that for the future- Having npc who were drawn with intention and who help showcase the different body types dragons would naturally have is to the benefit to the world of [i]Flight Rising[/i] and our community. A variety of ages, genders, and physiques are things that we consider when we draw beastclan familiars, but for whatever reason it never really made it into the dragon character art, which is an oversight on our part! Our apologies! We can't promise it'll be the next npc, (as some art is already cooking or cooked.), but we have made notes. :)
Kuroikumo wrote on 2022-06-03 13:16:40:
i like this new art better on a purely technical level, but i wish they'd kept his belly :( i miss chubby grandpa, it was part of his charm

We are pretty satisfied with the art quality in the update to Baldwin. As a disclosure, he was pretty small as a pearlcatcher, and appeared larger in part because of the cauldron, and in part because of how Xhaztol draws bogsneaks.

That said -

-It's a really good point how the art provided representation! Between this thread and others we are taking note of the desire for characters of different sizes, and we're going to remember that for the future- Having npc who were drawn with intention and who help showcase the different body types dragons would naturally have is to the benefit to the world of Flight Rising and our community.

A variety of ages, genders, and physiques are things that we consider when we draw beastclan familiars, but for whatever reason it never really made it into the dragon character art, which is an oversight on our part! Our apologies!

We can't promise it'll be the next npc, (as some art is already cooking or cooked.), but we have made notes. :)
[quote] He looks so good :) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin-background.png[/img] [/quote] OK, so, did Baldwin drink a handsome potion or is it just the new pair of goggles that make him look like ultimate husband material? Or maybe I just find proper safety attractive.
Quote:
He looks so good :)
baldwin-background.png

OK, so, did Baldwin drink a handsome potion or is it just the new pair of goggles that make him look like ultimate husband material?

Or maybe I just find proper safety attractive.
.:. .:.
tumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gifalPnWye.png7GZL67L.png dO7Qce6.pnggdlsFvm.pngtumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7