Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Re-build Arlo system
1 2
Quote:
No. I'm after literal *hundreds* of pieces of dino armor, and having them being hard to get for *prestige* would be unfun for me. I cannot get hundreds of them on my own, so I have to rely on others to get them in a timely manner.

Well you wouldn't be going after hundreds of this feature, if they had been made to be more valuable at the start, now would you? With this logic, I might say that it's good that every item exists in overabundance, because someone out there will be interested in getting hundreds of it. But it, has been done, and there is no going back. So the future paths for exploration shall be better with my suggestion.
Quote:
No. I'm after literal *hundreds* of pieces of dino armor, and having them being hard to get for *prestige* would be unfun for me. I cannot get hundreds of them on my own, so I have to rely on others to get them in a timely manner.

Well you wouldn't be going after hundreds of this feature, if they had been made to be more valuable at the start, now would you? With this logic, I might say that it's good that every item exists in overabundance, because someone out there will be interested in getting hundreds of it. But it, has been done, and there is no going back. So the future paths for exploration shall be better with my suggestion.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2022-05-26 16:45:30" ] [quote] I think there should be a restriction to trading, or make more difficult to get said items in first place, perhaps via harder tiles[/quote] No. I'm after literal *hundreds* of pieces of dino armor, and having them being hard to get for *prestige* would be unfun for me. I cannot get hundreds of them on my own, so I have to rely on others to get them in a timely manner. Dino armor and the dino familiars are the archeology equivalent of the [b]TRAINING FIELDS. [/b] Proto harpies and the harpy apparel are the archeology equivalent of the [b]WOODLAND PATH.[/b] We're not exactly asking for Woodland Path to be worth hundreds of gems, right? No, because they're not exactly a challenge to get. Same with the first two Arlo archeology fields. They're not meant to be challenging. [/quote] honestly, I feel that in 99.9% of cases, clanbound ANYTHING is a bad idea. For people who want the items, it makes it that much harder for them to obtain them. For people who dislike the items, it makes them either go through convoluted ways, unsupported by the site itself, to get rid of said items, or just stuff them into their vaults and ignore them. I wouldn't mind some digsites that were done in a way to make the items retain value longer. But I wouldn't want all of arlo to be like that, nor all items obtained through arlo to be like that.
Corviknight wrote on 2022-05-26 16:45:30:
Quote:
I think there should be a restriction to trading, or make more difficult to get said items in first place, perhaps via harder tiles

Dino armor and the dino familiars are the archeology equivalent of the TRAINING FIELDS.
Proto harpies and the harpy apparel are the archeology equivalent of the WOODLAND PATH.

We're not exactly asking for Woodland Path to be worth hundreds of gems, right? No, because they're not exactly a challenge to get. Same with the first two Arlo archeology fields. They're not meant to be challenging.
honestly, I feel that in 99.9% of cases, clanbound ANYTHING is a bad idea.

For people who want the items, it makes it that much harder for them to obtain them.

For people who dislike the items, it makes them either go through convoluted ways, unsupported by the site itself, to get rid of said items, or just stuff them into their vaults and ignore them.

I wouldn't mind some digsites that were done in a way to make the items retain value longer. But I wouldn't want all of arlo to be like that, nor all items obtained through arlo to be like that.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote] Well you wouldn't be going after hundreds of this feature, if they had been made to be more valuable at the start, now would you? [/quote] Probably not. But anyway, there is no logical reason for the items in level 1 and 2 archeology to be worth a lot. The Woodland Path drops are cheap, because everyone can do it. The glowing clawtips in Baldwin are cheap to make as well The two Arlo fields we have are rookie-level stuff. Once we get the big, higher level stuff - we'll talk. But yeah, I don't feel like the current stuff we got at Arlo deserves to be expensive - it's insanely easy to grind to level 2 as it is. [quote] I wouldn't mind some digsites that were done in a way to make the items retain value longer. But I wouldn't want all of arlo to be like that, nor all items obtained through arlo to be like that. [/quote] Yeah, once we hit higher levels, perhaps there will be bigger hurdles. Like, we'd have to use 2 pickaxes to uncover a spot. Even bigger fields and all. Once we hit actual higher levels (LEVEL 2 AIN'T IT.), I don't think everyone will be able to farm Arlo EZ. That's fair. But what we have now is fine imo. The proto-harpy stuff is even better done than the dino stuff - I love the fact that I don't have to pray to ArrEnGee to get what I want
Quote:
Well you wouldn't be going after hundreds of this feature, if they had been made to be more valuable at the start, now would you?
Probably not.

But anyway, there is no logical reason for the items in level 1 and 2 archeology to be worth a lot. The Woodland Path drops are cheap, because everyone can do it.

The glowing clawtips in Baldwin are cheap to make as well

The two Arlo fields we have are rookie-level stuff. Once we get the big, higher level stuff - we'll talk. But yeah, I don't feel like the current stuff we got at Arlo deserves to be expensive - it's insanely easy to grind to level 2 as it is.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind some digsites that were done in a way to make the items retain value longer. But I wouldn't want all of arlo to be like that, nor all items obtained through arlo to be like that.

Yeah, once we hit higher levels, perhaps there will be bigger hurdles. Like, we'd have to use 2 pickaxes to uncover a spot. Even bigger fields and all.

Once we hit actual higher levels (LEVEL 2 AIN'T IT.), I don't think everyone will be able to farm Arlo EZ. That's fair.

But what we have now is fine imo. The proto-harpy stuff is even better done than the dino stuff - I love the fact that I don't have to pray to ArrEnGee to get what I want
No support. Arlo is fine as is in my opinion - it's not meant to be the same as Baldwin, nor do items from the lowest levels need to be expensive.
No support. Arlo is fine as is in my opinion - it's not meant to be the same as Baldwin, nor do items from the lowest levels need to be expensive.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2