Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Feeding Your Dragons
1 2
You only need to feed them once in 3 days to keep the bonus, as they lose 6% daily and you need 80+% for the bonus. And yes, there are only 3 ticks per day. If you had a sudden inexplicable drop in hunger and had to feed them more times than that, it could be that you bought a hungry dragon or a few and missed it? Or your dragons died in coli? I can't think of anything else that makes the hunger bar drop faster.
You only need to feed them once in 3 days to keep the bonus, as they lose 6% daily and you need 80+% for the bonus. And yes, there are only 3 ticks per day. If you had a sudden inexplicable drop in hunger and had to feed them more times than that, it could be that you bought a hungry dragon or a few and missed it? Or your dragons died in coli? I can't think of anything else that makes the hunger bar drop faster.
The only difference in the hunger system from now and in the past is that all dragons used to lose their hunger tick at the exact same time, the MOMENT the clock appeared on the right hour for it.

However, that basically crashed the site for a minute, or at least lagged it heavily. So now, the ticking down happens more piecemeal. So if you're trying to feed your dragons the very moment they're hungry, you won't be feeding all of them--just the ones whose hunger ticked first. So it can FEEL like you're feeding them extra, but you're not, you're just not feeding them all the first time.

The solution is not to feed near when the hunger has just ticked down. I learned all this the hard way after this change was made.
The only difference in the hunger system from now and in the past is that all dragons used to lose their hunger tick at the exact same time, the MOMENT the clock appeared on the right hour for it.

However, that basically crashed the site for a minute, or at least lagged it heavily. So now, the ticking down happens more piecemeal. So if you're trying to feed your dragons the very moment they're hungry, you won't be feeding all of them--just the ones whose hunger ticked first. So it can FEEL like you're feeding them extra, but you're not, you're just not feeding them all the first time.

The solution is not to feed near when the hunger has just ticked down. I learned all this the hard way after this change was made.
the dragon energy requirements have not gone up, actually its the exact opposite!

dragon energy demands has been literally halved since the early days of the game. it used to be 6 points per day, but now its only 3 points per day.

you do not need to feed your dragons more than once per day, in fact you can go three days without feeding them at all and still keep the well fed bonus. flight rising is extremely lenient, and does not demand players to play it daily. it really does not need to be even more lenient.

im not trying to be rude here, but nothing on this suggestion is really based on facts, and feels mostly just exaggerated personal complaint.
the dragon energy requirements have not gone up, actually its the exact opposite!

dragon energy demands has been literally halved since the early days of the game. it used to be 6 points per day, but now its only 3 points per day.

you do not need to feed your dragons more than once per day, in fact you can go three days without feeding them at all and still keep the well fed bonus. flight rising is extremely lenient, and does not demand players to play it daily. it really does not need to be even more lenient.

im not trying to be rude here, but nothing on this suggestion is really based on facts, and feels mostly just exaggerated personal complaint.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
I think a lot of this is perspective too - if you're away all day and login once, you just notice that a lil health is missing. If you're playing for a few hours and notice their health drop from 100, say twice, it can FEEL like a bigger deal. If that makes any sense, haha!
I usually only feed once a day either way anyway, and (as someone who's been playing since like 2014) it's def less food than it used to be <3
I think a lot of this is perspective too - if you're away all day and login once, you just notice that a lil health is missing. If you're playing for a few hours and notice their health drop from 100, say twice, it can FEEL like a bigger deal. If that makes any sense, haha!
I usually only feed once a day either way anyway, and (as someone who's been playing since like 2014) it's def less food than it used to be <3
52017.png Call me koki ~ she/her ~ lvl 34 ~ married to pearsinky 77.png
I get why seeing the health drop could be alarming, but there are a lot of good points made here. I will say that I learned a lot about the system, thanks to this thread! So that's cool!! :3
I get why seeing the health drop could be alarming, but there are a lot of good points made here. I will say that I learned a lot about the system, thanks to this thread! So that's cool!! :3
Neopets I recall has hotels you can use to auto feed and I don't see a problem with something like it as long as you can only use it to fill through three additional ticks.
Neopets I recall has hotels you can use to auto feed and I don't see a problem with something like it as long as you can only use it to fill through three additional ticks.
86cgLtF.png
1 2