Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why I decided to start naming my fodder
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've both learned to name my fodder dragons, if i sell any, and to not leave kids unnamed... my poor lady progen, having to bear my lessons

granted none of the ones that ended up as fodder had awful names, but ye

pPersonally? I have used few fodder names in past. If anyone has ever seen 'Buzzsaw' or 'zotethemighty' in their offspring lists, and they were exalted for plague, i'm the lad behind those most likely. Think i named fodders 'spork' or 'fork' occasionally too

Sometimes if i see parents that seem to have a name theme i try to match that if i feel like it
I've both learned to name my fodder dragons, if i sell any, and to not leave kids unnamed... my poor lady progen, having to bear my lessons

granted none of the ones that ended up as fodder had awful names, but ye

pPersonally? I have used few fodder names in past. If anyone has ever seen 'Buzzsaw' or 'zotethemighty' in their offspring lists, and they were exalted for plague, i'm the lad behind those most likely. Think i named fodders 'spork' or 'fork' occasionally too

Sometimes if i see parents that seem to have a name theme i try to match that if i feel like it
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2022-05-16 12:00:17" ] I named over 900 dragons last week. Y'all should be grateful I don't keysmash to get it over faster. If you care about your offspring lists name dragons before they leave your lair. I stop caring about whatever comes out of the random name generator when I'm staring at a full tab of unnamed dragons. [/quote] ^ This. I named 300+ of the ones I sent in. It's tedious, but whatever comes out of the generator it gets named. Including Chartreuseterror.
Nightwind wrote on 2022-05-16 12:00:17:
I named over 900 dragons last week. Y'all should be grateful I don't keysmash to get it over faster.

If you care about your offspring lists name dragons before they leave your lair. I stop caring about whatever comes out of the random name generator when I'm staring at a full tab of unnamed dragons.

^ This. I named 300+ of the ones I sent in. It's tedious, but whatever comes out of the generator it gets named. Including Chartreuseterror.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I bought a dragon once on a whim, but then decided an hour later I hated him. At the time funny names for fodder was trending, so I named him FartintheWind and exalted him. Got hatemail from the seller a day later.

Edit: LOL here he is: https://www1.flightrising.com/search/dragons?page=1&sort=id_asc&name=Fartinthewind&exalted=1&progen=0&breed=8&bodygene=&winggene=&tertgene=&gender=0&body=&wings=&tert=&element=&body_range=&wings_range=&tert_range=&age=1&rtb=&gen1=&pattern=&id_length=&level_min=&level_max=&eyetype=&hibernal_cooldown_status=&ancient=&named=&hibernal=&silhouette_unlocked=&sort=id_asc&page=1
I bought a dragon once on a whim, but then decided an hour later I hated him. At the time funny names for fodder was trending, so I named him FartintheWind and exalted him. Got hatemail from the seller a day later.

Edit: LOL here he is: https://www1.flightrising.com/search/dragons?page=1&sort=id_asc&name=Fartinthewind&exalted=1&progen=0&breed=8&bodygene=&winggene=&tertgene=&gender=0&body=&wings=&tert=&element=&body_range=&wings_range=&tert_range=&age=1&rtb=&gen1=&pattern=&id_length=&level_min=&level_max=&eyetype=&hibernal_cooldown_status=&ancient=&named=&hibernal=&silhouette_unlocked=&sort=id_asc&page=1
tumblr_nml1iu5dxU1rhwezyo3_r3_500.gif
that is art. Honestly I keep them unnamed for this reason, I wanna see all the funyn names people sometimes come up with
that is art. Honestly I keep them unnamed for this reason, I wanna see all the funyn names people sometimes come up with
p3jdzi4.png
[quote name="Kryptica" date="2022-05-17 08:34:03" ] I've both learned to name my fodder dragons, if i sell any, and to not leave kids unnamed... my poor lady progen, having to bear my lessons [/quote] yeah I learned this lesson - too late to stop my poor [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54820267]Iris[/url] being stuck with "uwuowouwu" and multiple "aeq"s. I wouldn't mind so much if they were at least capitalised.
Kryptica wrote on 2022-05-17 08:34:03:

yeah I learned this lesson - too late to stop my poor Iris being stuck with "uwuowouwu" and multiple "aeq"s. I wouldn't mind so much if they were at least capitalised.
I name everything that leaves my lair.

At one point I knew of at least three people who would sift through the lairs of people they hate, buy everything, and then give them legit offensive names. They spent so much energy stalking people that they didn't bother with renaming scrolls, though, so named fodder was safe. But anything that wasn't would get racist, antisemitic, homophobic names, or names that would become threats of physical harm or something on the list, and then they'd be exalted so the names were stuck there forever. Nope.
I name everything that leaves my lair.

At one point I knew of at least three people who would sift through the lairs of people they hate, buy everything, and then give them legit offensive names. They spent so much energy stalking people that they didn't bother with renaming scrolls, though, so named fodder was safe. But anything that wasn't would get racist, antisemitic, homophobic names, or names that would become threats of physical harm or something on the list, and then they'd be exalted so the names were stuck there forever. Nope.
yes hello I am not usually on the forums so idk what I should put here.
@Lythiaren In case you don't know, offensive names can be reported, and then the exalted dragons would be called unnamed instead
@Lythiaren In case you don't know, offensive names can be reported, and then the exalted dragons would be called unnamed instead

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
I leave mine unnamed for exactly that purpose lol
I like to see what weird things people name fodder
I leave mine unnamed for exactly that purpose lol
I like to see what weird things people name fodder
nTa2yPT.png
@Incantamentum

Effort. It's easier to name things on their way out than go through the reporting process for each one just because some edgelord from Dragon Cave wanted to send me another death threat.

There's also a bonus in that if I pre-name, I'll basically never have to look at such things in the first place.
@Incantamentum

Effort. It's easier to name things on their way out than go through the reporting process for each one just because some edgelord from Dragon Cave wanted to send me another death threat.

There's also a bonus in that if I pre-name, I'll basically never have to look at such things in the first place.
yes hello I am not usually on the forums so idk what I should put here.
I remember having some of my sold fodder getting named gaysquidward, too! Luckily, they were kids of fodder breeders who were by no means permanent. Offspring of my perma dragons always get named before even thinking about putting them on AH - renaming scroll is cheap if someone has a problem with their names.
I remember having some of my sold fodder getting named gaysquidward, too! Luckily, they were kids of fodder breeders who were by no means permanent. Offspring of my perma dragons always get named before even thinking about putting them on AH - renaming scroll is cheap if someone has a problem with their names.
.....uQzj9nj.png....... .. .......
He/Him
+10 FR time

Badges
..... ......uQzj9nj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6