Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Kingdomlocke] Entropy
1 2 3
Ohhhh, today’s lore post was so good. Thank you for sharing, and a moment of silence for the dragon who died for being too kind ;v;

Honestly if I were doing this I’d just give them Scratch as a matter of course (did that in my first kingdomlocke in fact) but this is a neat way of doing things too. It really emphasizes how important the role of a researcher is!
Ohhhh, today’s lore post was so good. Thank you for sharing, and a moment of silence for the dragon who died for being too kind ;v;

Honestly if I were doing this I’d just give them Scratch as a matter of course (did that in my first kingdomlocke in fact) but this is a neat way of doing things too. It really emphasizes how important the role of a researcher is!
tumblr_542ab0f1a7f1d0810e8769fececf6c76_4ec57c30_250.png IMG_8661.png
ROWAN I DESPISE YOU HELP ME
Vervian ????
ROWAN I DESPISE YOU HELP ME
Vervian ????
99.png "Seems like the little spirit has gone and forgotten their head again...they will be back. Eventually. Maybe."
That was supposed to be an emoji god damn
Uh here’s the replacement :worried:
That was supposed to be an emoji god damn
Uh here’s the replacement :worried:
99.png "Seems like the little spirit has gone and forgotten their head again...they will be back. Eventually. Maybe."
Vervain: is a good person
Durren: We don't do that here.
Vervain: is a good person
Durren: We don't do that here.
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
[center][size=6][b]DAY THREE[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/813851225375899651/939337008126525440/BaF_header.png[/img][/center] [columns][item=red maple leaf][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Large quest![/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Party: Khrynia, Durren, and Saffron. All survive! Durren is now level three, and Khrynia and Saffron have reached level 5.[/i][nextcol][item=sandhills amaranth][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]10-20 coli matches.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Party: Durren, Khrynia, and Fennel.[/i][/columns] [right][columns][item=morganite][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Nature's gambit.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Heads! Welcome, Mischief and Nimble. Level up Saffron and Durren.[/i][nextcol][item=dark might fragment][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Death streak![/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Fennel, Khrynia, and Saffron enter the coli - all survive, somehow.[nextcol][item=trilobite fossil][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Train the newbies.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]yass[/columns][/right] Khrynia and Saffron are now level 5! They both roll for jobs: Khrynia is a doctor, and Saffron becomes an assassin with Khrynia as her target. Oh dear. ----- [font=century][size=4][b]Fennel[/b][/size] The Eyrie is beautiful. Even in its slightly-charred, dusty and barren (for now) state, it’s beautiful. Because it’s [i]Fennel’s.[/i] She allows herself to smile just a bit, sitting in the entrance to the Heart with her tail neatly around her forelegs. Durren and Saffron work on new buildings - the current one they flutter about, a bit above the Heart and across the ravine - is going to be more housing. Khrynia’s out hunting, mostly because Fennel has learned not to ask him to build. His skill is not much to speak of at all in that respect, but the dragon does know how to put together a good meal. The death of Vervain a few days ago still hangs heavy in the air and the minds of every member of her young kingdom, but Fennel tries not to be too caught up by this. She’s put in place a watch system now, so that there is always a dragon awake at any point in the night. And Saffron no longer dares to sleep out alone in the dark; even though Fennel only knew her very briefly before her mate’s death, it’s still wildly apparent that it’s not going to leave her mind for a long time - especially with the two eggs they had on the way, something Fennel was only made aware of after Vervain’s death, A shame, but, life goes on. Fennel opens her wings wide and pushes into the air from the Heart to survey the kingdom better. Things will be alright, maybe. [font=century][size=4][b]Mischief[/b][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72211831][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/722119/72211831_350.png[/img][/url] Sand, dirt, ruins, warmth. Sun! Mischief is enjoying himself today. It’s a great day to explore! He flaps about in the air, all erratic patterns and joyful shouts. Behind him, a quieter dragon follows, graceful and watchful. That’s Nimble, who really needs to understand what the word [i]adventure[/i] means. They’re off to see the world! A pair of young Pearlcatchers leaving their clan just to see what happens is [i]exciting.[/i] Maybe she’ll get it later. For now, there’s more exploring to do! Mischief supposes he should start with the small group of dragons that seems to be congregating at the top of a great chasm in the ground. Oh, what fun! They have a fire, and it looks like structures have been begun within the ravine. Maybe there’s something to learn from these other Pearlcatchers! Before Nimble can do anything, Mischief tucks his wings and dives. Time to start a new chapter in life! ----- [font=century][size=3]No full lore today because I'm absolutely SLAMMED for the next few days lol, so have these lil snippets <3 tomorrow is the opening night for a show I've been working on for months, wish me luck :] Lore will be back hopefully by Saturday! I also got locked out of the coli bc I'm incredibly bad at the captcha they have, so I'll have to finish leveling dragons tomorrow, oops Pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs [center][size=3] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019#post_51194298]Previous[/url] || [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/2#post_51236818]Next[/url]
DAY THREE

BaF_header.png

Red Maple Leaf Large quest!
Party: Khrynia, Durren,
and Saffron. All survive! Durren is now level three, and Khrynia and Saffron have reached level 5.
Sandhills Amaranth 10-20 coli matches.
Party: Durren, Khrynia, and Fennel.
Morganite Nature's gambit.
Heads! Welcome, Mischief and Nimble. Level up Saffron and Durren.
Dark Might Fragment Death streak!
Fennel, Khrynia, and Saffron enter the coli - all survive, somehow.
Trilobite Fossil Train the newbies.
yass

Khrynia and Saffron are now level 5! They both roll for jobs: Khrynia is a doctor, and Saffron becomes an assassin with Khrynia as her target. Oh dear.

Fennel

The Eyrie is beautiful.

Even in its slightly-charred, dusty and barren (for now) state, it’s beautiful. Because it’s Fennel’s. She allows herself to smile just a bit, sitting in the entrance to the Heart with her tail neatly around her forelegs. Durren and Saffron work on new buildings - the current one they flutter about, a bit above the Heart and across the ravine - is going to be more housing. Khrynia’s out hunting, mostly because Fennel has learned not to ask him to build. His skill is not much to speak of at all in that respect, but the dragon does know how to put together a good meal.

The death of Vervain a few days ago still hangs heavy in the air and the minds of every member of her young kingdom, but Fennel tries not to be too caught up by this. She’s put in place a watch system now, so that there is always a dragon awake at any point in the night. And Saffron no longer dares to sleep out alone in the dark; even though Fennel only knew her very briefly before her mate’s death, it’s still wildly apparent that it’s not going to leave her mind for a long time - especially with the two eggs they had on the way, something Fennel was only made aware of after Vervain’s death,

A shame, but, life goes on.

Fennel opens her wings wide and pushes into the air from the Heart to survey the kingdom better.

Things will be alright, maybe.

Mischief

72211831_350.png

Sand, dirt, ruins, warmth. Sun! Mischief is enjoying himself today. It’s a great day to explore! He flaps about in the air, all erratic patterns and joyful shouts. Behind him, a quieter dragon follows, graceful and watchful. That’s Nimble, who really needs to understand what the word adventure means. They’re off to see the world! A pair of young Pearlcatchers leaving their clan just to see what happens is exciting. Maybe she’ll get it later. For now, there’s more exploring to do!

Mischief supposes he should start with the small group of dragons that seems to be congregating at the top of a great chasm in the ground. Oh, what fun! They have a fire, and it looks like structures have been begun within the ravine. Maybe there’s something to learn from these other Pearlcatchers!

Before Nimble can do anything, Mischief tucks his wings and dives.

Time to start a new chapter in life!

No full lore today because I'm absolutely SLAMMED for the next few days lol, so have these lil snippets <3 tomorrow is the opening night for a show I've been working on for months, wish me luck :] Lore will be back hopefully by Saturday! I also got locked out of the coli bc I'm incredibly bad at the captcha they have, so I'll have to finish leveling dragons tomorrow, oops

Pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs

Fnrx3wS.png
tyEuRXe.png

A Dragon Halfway There - A Pinkerlocke
Mischief is gonna be such a little **** I LOVE him

if he dies its on sight
Mischief is gonna be such a little **** I LOVE him

if he dies its on sight
[center][size=6][b]DAY FOUR[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/813851225375899651/939337008126525440/BaF_header.png[/img][/center] [columns][item=lawn sin][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Freeloader.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]yay :) Welcome, Koa![/i][nextcol][item=overcharged silverbeast][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]New dragon.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Oh dear. Welcome, Rabble.[/i][/columns] [right][columns][item=amaranth moth][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]New dragon.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]STOP. Hi Buck[/i][nextcol][item=natural might fragment][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Beastclan atack![/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]All are ok :)[nextcol][item=marbled hatchetfish][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]30-40 coli rounds.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Party: Durren, Nimble, and Fennel. Durren is now level 4, and Nimble is now level 3.[/columns][/right] [columns][item=fascinator][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Train the newbies.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Nimble is now level 4, Mischief is now level 2, and Durren is now level 5.[/i][nextcol][/columns] Notable drops: [item=vial of hypnotic sight] [item=blazing slash] Durren has made it to level 5! She takes a job as a fortune teller. Saffron's assassin roll: 3. Khrynia gets away... for now. ----- [font=century][size=4] The Eyrie is growing: Fennel is filled with pride in seeing her tiny kingdom thrive. Since Vervain's untimely death, everything has gone smoothly. Saffrons eggs are due to hatch soon, and though the clan does not have anyone knowledgeable about hatchlings to help, she's certain they'll be just as strong as their mother is. Mischief keeps the energy up as he helps Durren to create more buildings, first of all a healing center for Khrynia, as the arrogant dragon has turned out to have quite the medical knowledge - very useful. Fennel also now has her own den, which she proudly notes she built herself. It rests atop the Heart, where a royal's residence naturally should be. Jagged spikes of wasp nest-like material reach for the sky on each corner of her home, skylights letting in the sun as Fennel marks inventory at her desk: a stone slab she found outside and had Durren help her move into the building. The rest of the kingdom still sleeps below her within the Heart, but Saffron has already begun her own home, everyone else following quickly behind. A strong young kingdom. And so, Fennel's delight with herself can only grow as she sees the three dragons outside, flapping about, pearls in tow, curiously peering at the work her subjects are doing. She proudly steps off her balcony to fly and join them, to introduce them to the Eyrie. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77602644][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/776027/77602644p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74432920][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/744330/74432920p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77801015][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/778011/77801015p.png[/img][/url][/center] She's done a good job. ----- [font=century][size=3]WOOOOO production week has almost come to a close, our very last show is tomorrow night :) after that updates will be much more consistent and better written!! I'm. kind of amazed at how few deaths we've had. ...Watch me jinx myself with that Anyway, updating the cast list now because I've got abt an hour of extra time :) woo also if Saffron's hatchlings survive one of them is getting those swirly eyes theyre so HIIIII Pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs [center][size=3] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/2#post_51217883]Previous[/url] || [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/2#post_51272660]Next[/url]
DAY FOUR

BaF_header.png

Lawn Sin Freeloader.
yay :) Welcome, Koa!
Overcharged Silverbeast New dragon.
Oh dear. Welcome, Rabble.
Amaranth Moth New dragon.
STOP. Hi Buck
Natural Might Fragment Beastclan atack!
All are ok :)
Marbled Hatchetfish 30-40 coli rounds.
Party: Durren, Nimble, and Fennel. Durren is now level 4, and Nimble is now level 3.
Fascinator Train the newbies.
Nimble is now level 4,
Mischief is now level 2, and Durren is now level 5.

Notable drops: Vial of Hypnotic Sight Blazing Slash

Durren has made it to level 5! She takes a job as a fortune teller.
Saffron's assassin roll: 3. Khrynia gets away... for now.

The Eyrie is growing: Fennel is filled with pride in seeing her tiny kingdom thrive. Since Vervain's untimely death, everything has gone smoothly. Saffrons eggs are due to hatch soon, and though the clan does not have anyone knowledgeable about hatchlings to help, she's certain they'll be just as strong as their mother is.

Mischief keeps the energy up as he helps Durren to create more buildings, first of all a healing center for Khrynia, as the arrogant dragon has turned out to have quite the medical knowledge - very useful.

Fennel also now has her own den, which she proudly notes she built herself. It rests atop the Heart, where a royal's residence naturally should be. Jagged spikes of wasp nest-like material reach for the sky on each corner of her home, skylights letting in the sun as Fennel marks inventory at her desk: a stone slab she found outside and had Durren help her move into the building. The rest of the kingdom still sleeps below her within the Heart, but Saffron has already begun her own home, everyone else following quickly behind. A strong young kingdom.

And so, Fennel's delight with herself can only grow as she sees the three dragons outside, flapping about, pearls in tow, curiously peering at the work her subjects are doing. She proudly steps off her balcony to fly and join them, to introduce them to the Eyrie.

77602644p.png74432920p.png77801015p.png

She's done a good job.

WOOOOO production week has almost come to a close, our very last show is tomorrow night :) after that updates will be much more consistent and better written!! I'm. kind of amazed at how few deaths we've had.

...Watch me jinx myself with that
Anyway, updating the cast list now because I've got abt an hour of extra time :) woo
also if Saffron's hatchlings survive one of them is getting those swirly eyes theyre so HIIIII

Pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs

Fnrx3wS.png
tyEuRXe.png

[center][size=6][b]DAY FIVE[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/813851225375899651/939337008126525440/BaF_header.png[/img][/center] [columns][item=mirage puffer spines][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Freeloader.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]PLEASE STOP ...Welcome, Kahu.[/i][nextcol][item=prairie polearm][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Sacrifice.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Roll: 3, tails. Death streak w/ Koa, Nimble, and Khrynia. Sorry, Koa :([/i][/columns] [right][columns][item=spikeshell cover][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Backstabbing.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Tails. Nimble leaves the Eyrie for greener pastures.[/i][nextcol][item=snakeskin][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Nature's gambit.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Khrynia and Buck each level up, and find two new dragons to bring to the kingdom! Welcome, Rook and Kahu![nextcol][/columns][/right] Saffron's assassin roll: 3. With every passing day this makes me more nervous Vervain and Saffron's eggs have hatched, and both eggs survived! Welcome, Ozzy and Sunstone! ----- [font=century][size=4] [font=century][size=4][b]Fennel[/b][/size] One year. It's been one year since the Eyrie established itself. Dragons have come and gone, most notably Nimble - Mischief's friend was less excited with the kingdom than he was, and left the same day one of the newer dragons drew her last breath; Koa, a bright dragon who had much left to give. It never gets easy to lose dragons of your kingdom. But now, well. The Eyrie is a real kingdom! Small though it is, they've established true trade routes and even dealings with a nearby beastclan tribe. The Heart Ravine is now a sprawling series of homes and stalls, colourful assortments of clashing styles of building - just as it should be. Each dragon has left their own artistic mark on the kingdom, no matter how small. Fennel is satisfied, gazing off the balcony of the Heart as she does every evening. Saffron guides her two hatchlings to the edge of the ledge they live upon to spread their wings; the two are eager little kids, and are ready to begin flight soon. For now, though, they stay put on the edge. Fennel is immensely proud of them, the firstborn citizens of the Eyrie. They are not her children, of course, but they're the children of the Eyrie! They will be good additions to the kingdom, if they end up making it to adulthood. [font=century][size=4][b]Ozzy[/b][/size] "Look, Ma! Looklook!" Ozzy's wings are wide, catching on the updraft that always seems to emanate from the bottom of the ravine. She's never been down there... Maybe it's endless? "Very good, Oz," a warm voice praises. That's Ma! She's wonderful. She brings Ozzy food and she's warm to sleep on and she teaches Ozzy and Sunstone all about the world! Ma knows a [i]lot.[/i] She's been around for forever, even longer than Uncle Rabble! Ozzy thinks she has the best place to live [i]ever.[/i] She hops away from the ledge and back toward the front of her house, pouncing on her brother on the way - Sunstone yelps and shouts after her - "Watch it, Oz!" - and Ozzy knows he's not really mad, because he never is. Ozzy curls up upon the porch of the lopsided stone-and-mud dwelling her mother built so wonderfully, fishing her pearl out from her blankets and scrubbing a spot off of it. Today was a good day. Well, every day is a good day, Ozzy thinks. The Eyrie is the best kingdom ever! She's never been to another kingdom, or really even another place, but Ozzy knows anyway, because the Eyrie is the only kingdom with Ma and Uncle Rabble and Uncle Mischief and Sunstone. Uncle Rabble and Uncle Mischief aren't really Ozzy's uncles, but they like when she calls them that! They live in a house above Ozzy's, on the other side of the ravine, and Ozzy hasn't ever left her ledge because she's too young, but her uncles visit her plenty! Mischief tells her stories and Rabble teaches Ozzy and Sunstone to make paintings and little figures from the wood that grows from trees. Ozzy has never seen a tree before, but Uncle Rabble has made paintings of them on the ravine walls for her, and they're very pretty! The kingdom has other dragons too! They aren't all very fun like Uncles are, but Ma says they are all just as special as her, so maybe that's okay. Sunsets in the ravine are very pretty. Everything turns orange then it gets darker and darker until the stars come out. Ma says that as soon as Ozzy and Sunstone can fly, she'll take them to the top of the ravine to see all the stars. At the top, she says, there are no walls anywhere! Ozzy's super excited, and she wishes Ma would hurry up and let her try actually flying already. Ma always wants Ozzy and Sunstone to be safe, and doesn't let them do very many fun things that she calls risky. That's okay, though! Because tomorrow, Uncle Mischief is going to bring Ozzy's favourite cockatrice jerky from town and they're all going to read scrolls about adventure together! For now, maybe it's alright to be kept to just her little ledge. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78160377][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/781604/78160377p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78160378][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/781604/78160378p.png[/img][/url] ----- Whew, sorry about the somewhat rushed update today (I did NOT proofread this LOL). Finals week is coming up but I'm trying to keep some time for the locke every day :) hopefully Crim and Pink give us some peaceful days ahead so that we can actually explore all the new characters baha pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/2#post_51236818]Previous[/url] || [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/2#post_51299512]Next[/url]
DAY FIVE

BaF_header.png

Mirage Puffer Spines Freeloader.
PLEASE STOP
...Welcome, Kahu.
Prairie Polearm Sacrifice.
Roll: 3, tails. Death streak w/ Koa,
Nimble, and Khrynia. Sorry, Koa :(
Spikeshell Cover Backstabbing.
Tails. Nimble leaves the Eyrie for greener pastures.
Snakeskin Nature's gambit.
Khrynia and Buck each level up, and find two new dragons to bring to the kingdom! Welcome, Rook and Kahu!

Saffron's assassin roll: 3. With every passing day this makes me more nervous

Vervain and Saffron's eggs have hatched, and both eggs survived! Welcome, Ozzy and Sunstone!

Fennel

One year.

It's been one year since the Eyrie established itself. Dragons have come and gone, most notably Nimble - Mischief's friend was less excited with the kingdom than he was, and left the same day one of the newer dragons drew her last breath; Koa, a bright dragon who had much left to give.

It never gets easy to lose dragons of your kingdom.

But now, well. The Eyrie is a real kingdom! Small though it is, they've established true trade routes and even dealings with a nearby beastclan tribe. The Heart Ravine is now a sprawling series of homes and stalls, colourful assortments of clashing styles of building - just as it should be. Each dragon has left their own artistic mark on the kingdom, no matter how small.

Fennel is satisfied, gazing off the balcony of the Heart as she does every evening. Saffron guides her two hatchlings to the edge of the ledge they live upon to spread their wings; the two are eager little kids, and are ready to begin flight soon. For now, though, they stay put on the edge. Fennel is immensely proud of them, the firstborn citizens of the Eyrie. They are not her children, of course, but they're the children of the Eyrie!

They will be good additions to the kingdom, if they end up making it to adulthood.

Ozzy

"Look, Ma! Looklook!" Ozzy's wings are wide, catching on the updraft that always seems to emanate from the bottom of the ravine. She's never been down there... Maybe it's endless?

"Very good, Oz," a warm voice praises. That's Ma! She's wonderful. She brings Ozzy food and she's warm to sleep on and she teaches Ozzy and Sunstone all about the world! Ma knows a lot. She's been around for forever, even longer than Uncle Rabble!

Ozzy thinks she has the best place to live ever. She hops away from the ledge and back toward the front of her house, pouncing on her brother on the way - Sunstone yelps and shouts after her - "Watch it, Oz!" - and Ozzy knows he's not really mad, because he never is. Ozzy curls up upon the porch of the lopsided stone-and-mud dwelling her mother built so wonderfully, fishing her pearl out from her blankets and scrubbing a spot off of it.

Today was a good day.

Well, every day is a good day, Ozzy thinks.

The Eyrie is the best kingdom ever! She's never been to another kingdom, or really even another place, but Ozzy knows anyway, because the Eyrie is the only kingdom with Ma and Uncle Rabble and Uncle Mischief and Sunstone.

Uncle Rabble and Uncle Mischief aren't really Ozzy's uncles, but they like when she calls them that! They live in a house above Ozzy's, on the other side of the ravine, and Ozzy hasn't ever left her ledge because she's too young, but her uncles visit her plenty! Mischief tells her stories and Rabble teaches Ozzy and Sunstone to make paintings and little figures from the wood that grows from trees. Ozzy has never seen a tree before, but Uncle Rabble has made paintings of them on the ravine walls for her, and they're very pretty!

The kingdom has other dragons too! They aren't all very fun like Uncles are, but Ma says they are all just as special as her, so maybe that's okay.

Sunsets in the ravine are very pretty. Everything turns orange then it gets darker and darker until the stars come out. Ma says that as soon as Ozzy and Sunstone can fly, she'll take them to the top of the ravine to see all the stars. At the top, she says, there are no walls anywhere! Ozzy's super excited, and she wishes Ma would hurry up and let her try actually flying already. Ma always wants Ozzy and Sunstone to be safe, and doesn't let them do very many fun things that she calls risky.

That's okay, though! Because tomorrow, Uncle Mischief is going to bring Ozzy's favourite cockatrice jerky from town and they're all going to read scrolls about adventure together! For now, maybe it's alright to be kept to just her little ledge.

78160377p.png78160378p.png

Whew, sorry about the somewhat rushed update today (I did NOT proofread this LOL). Finals week is coming up but I'm trying to keep some time for the locke every day :) hopefully Crim and Pink give us some peaceful days ahead so that we can actually explore all the new characters baha

pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs

Previous || Next
Fnrx3wS.png
tyEuRXe.png

[center][size=6][b]DAY SIX[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/813851225375899651/939337008126525440/BaF_header.png[/img][/center] [columns][item=bloated maggot][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]20-30 Coli matches.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Party: Fennel, Kahu, and Saffron. Kahu is now level 3![/i][nextcol][item=Raider's fur armwraps][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Breed two dragons.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Fennel and Khrynia are now tending a nest of two eggs.[/i][/columns] [right][columns][item=Potted peacevine][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Nature's Gambit.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Heads! Rook and Kahu each level up, and bring two new dragons to the Eyrie.[/i][nextcol][item=Ash twigs][nextcol][size=4][color=brown][b]Large Quest.[/size][/b][/color] [i][size=2]Durren does not succeed her survival roll. Rabble reaches level 2, and Saffron reaches level 6.[nextcol][/columns][/right] Saffron's assassin roll: 2. She has been killed. Ozzy and Sunstone both survive their daily rolls. ----- [font=century][size=4] Gentle is the life of the Queen's dear mate. This is a high honor. Khrynia can [i]already[/i] feel the heightened respect of his peers, knowing now that he is the rightful second talon to Her Radiance Fennel. ...Of course, this was a purely strategic decision for the both of them. Though unspoken, Fennel knows Khrynia only desires a higher rank (as he surely deserves). And Fennel, well, she's a queen, after all. She needs heirs! This arrangement is perfectly fine by Khrynia. And the two eggs now resting snug beside Fennel in the Eyrie's Heart, well, they're sure to lead good lives. They're the product of the Queen herself. Yes, a perfectly fine arrangement. Khrynia's got work to do, though! A kingdom's doctor must always be on top of his work, and Khrynia is a doctor of the [i]highest[/i] quality, he knows. His stores are beautifully organized and stocked, dear Rabble brought him supplies from town two days ago and no dragons have been afflicted with any particularly worrisome illness or injury aside from Rabble, just the typical scrapes from hunting and the hatchlings' adventures. Still, always good to check. The sun is climbing high in the sky now, though... And the party that left to gather building supplies this morning surely should have been back by now. Saffron and Durren are capable dragons, however repulsive Durren's pearllessness may be. Rabble too, though he is admittedly newer to leaving the kingdom as he's still recovering from that nasty hacking cough he joined the Eyrie with. Maybe...? But no, Khrynia can hear the beating of wings just as he thinks to alert his dearest! The beating of wings, as well as shouts and screams. The scrape of claws on stone outside Khrynia's clifftop residence. Screams of rage from one voice, fear and pleading from another. Oh, this will be interesting. "That [i]wretch.[/i] I'll tear down [i]every last creation of hers. I'll destroy everything she ever cared for, I'LL-[/i]" "Saffron, [i]please.[/i] We can get through this, I'm right here. [i]Breathe,[/i] okay? I'll fetch Khrynia, we can still save her, it'll be fine, we can all move past-" "No, you will not, I want that wretch to [i]DIE,[/i] you hear?! I want her to bleed into those rocks for [i]hours, alone.[/i]" Ah. Khrynia peeks his head out of the flap of his entranceway, flicking his ears toward Rabble and Saffron. Saffron's wings are flared, her eyes wild with a rage he's never seen on such a sweet dragon. Rabble, on the other talon, has tucked his wings and ears so tightly to his body that he looks tiny, crouched on the ground, pleading with the furious Saffron. Yikes. "What seems to be our issue today, friends?" He asks, shoulders and haunches relaxed as he saunters toward the hysterical dragons. Rabble's head snaps toward him. "Khrynia! Khrynia, come with me, Durren's hurt but she's alive, we can-" "No." Saffron stares Khrynia down, eyes cold, a dull lack of light within. "We are not going to fetch Durren. She is not one of us." Khrynia, unsure how to continue, waits for one of them to continue. Saffron is Rabble's superior, but Khrynia is superior to [i]both[/i] of them. He gets to make this decision, and he has all the time in the world. Well, as much time as Durren has to live, he supposes. Saffron takes an almost threatening step toward Khrynia. "Durren, the worm, the wretch, the [i]rat,[/i] she killed my husband. [i]She did it.[/i] So I took care of it." Ah. So the blood coating Saffron's forearms is not hers. Rabble's shaking like a hatchling in a rainstorm as he bounds up to join Saffron. "But, of course, we need to help heal her so that we can properly question and-" The only noise to escape his mouth after this is a choke as Saffron whirls upon the dragon she took as a brother not long ago - and throws him to the ground, leaping upon the flailing blue Pearlcatcher with hot fury. Rabble's pearl clatters out of his bag, and begins to roll. Khrynia doesn't know exactly what happens next - he's a doctor and proudly a coward, he's not a fighter. But being a medic, well, you tend to know things. He didn't mean to use such live-saving knowledge in such a way, but Rabble is an important dragon to Fennel for reasons Khrynia cannot fathom, and before he knows it, well... Saffron's heart goes quiet, and that crimson pool he's so used to begins to grow around her head. No, no. Khrynia's not a killer, no, of course not. As he stares upon the still body - there's no saving her from this one - he hears Rabble begin to cry. [size=4][b]Three hours later.[/b][/size] [font=century] Khrynia may be a questionable source of morals at times, but he prides himself on not being evil. He's not, of course. He's just playing the game the world handed to him. So he did, in the end, make his way to where Durren's body rested. She was never going to be saved; from what Khrynia can tell, she was dead before Saffron and Rabble even reached home. Khrynia, now, stands contentedly above the grave he dug on his own for the young dragon. Her favourite flowers, those little dandelions that popped up around the ravine's surface, rest upon the mound of disturbed dirt which holds her body so gently. Khrynia almost had the mind to bury the pearl along with her. Hah, of course. No, he can't afford to sacrifice his standing like that, no matter how much Durren may deserve to have it. She will have to return to the Lightweaver still lacking her pearl. He tightens his grip on the beautiful smooth gemstone he's carried with him for, oh, two years now? Must be. "Thank you for the pearl, dear child," he murmurs to the grave. Such is life, right? ----- [center]HOOOOOOO BOY I wanted to keep the pearl thing a secret for a little longer, why did Durren have to kick the bucket so fast </333 Finals are absolutely wrecking me right now but I'm trying my best to keep updates coming, sorry about how choppy it is right now!! Also,,, I completely forgot assassins aren't allowed in the coli. Oops. Next time I'll do it right I swear Introducing our two new dragons next update because a LOT already happened today loll pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/2#post_51272660]Previous[/url] || [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3134019/3#post_51303169]Next[/url]
DAY SIX

BaF_header.png

Bloated Maggot 20-30 Coli matches.
Party: Fennel, Kahu, and Saffron. Kahu is now level 3!
Raider's Fur Armwraps Breed two dragons.
Fennel and Khrynia are now tending a nest of two eggs.
Potted Peacevine Nature's Gambit.
Heads! Rook and Kahu each level up, and bring two new dragons to the Eyrie.
Ash Twigs Large Quest.
Durren does not succeed her survival roll. Rabble reaches level 2, and Saffron reaches level 6.

Saffron's assassin roll: 2. She has been killed.

Ozzy and Sunstone both survive their daily rolls.

Gentle is the life of the Queen's dear mate.

This is a high honor. Khrynia can already feel the heightened respect of his peers, knowing now that he is the rightful second talon to Her Radiance Fennel.

...Of course, this was a purely strategic decision for the both of them. Though unspoken, Fennel knows Khrynia only desires a higher rank (as he surely deserves). And Fennel, well, she's a queen, after all. She needs heirs!

This arrangement is perfectly fine by Khrynia. And the two eggs now resting snug beside Fennel in the Eyrie's Heart, well, they're sure to lead good lives. They're the product of the Queen herself.

Yes, a perfectly fine arrangement.

Khrynia's got work to do, though! A kingdom's doctor must always be on top of his work, and Khrynia is a doctor of the highest quality, he knows. His stores are beautifully organized and stocked, dear Rabble brought him supplies from town two days ago and no dragons have been afflicted with any particularly worrisome illness or injury aside from Rabble, just the typical scrapes from hunting and the hatchlings' adventures. Still, always good to check.

The sun is climbing high in the sky now, though... And the party that left to gather building supplies this morning surely should have been back by now. Saffron and Durren are capable dragons, however repulsive Durren's pearllessness may be. Rabble too, though he is admittedly newer to leaving the kingdom as he's still recovering from that nasty hacking cough he joined the Eyrie with.

Maybe...?

But no, Khrynia can hear the beating of wings just as he thinks to alert his dearest!

The beating of wings, as well as shouts and screams. The scrape of claws on stone outside Khrynia's clifftop residence. Screams of rage from one voice, fear and pleading from another.

Oh, this will be interesting.

"That wretch. I'll tear down every last creation of hers. I'll destroy everything she ever cared for, I'LL-"

"Saffron, please. We can get through this, I'm right here. Breathe, okay? I'll fetch Khrynia, we can still save her, it'll be fine, we can all move past-"

"No, you will not, I want that wretch to DIE, you hear?! I want her to bleed into those rocks for hours, alone."

Ah.

Khrynia peeks his head out of the flap of his entranceway, flicking his ears toward Rabble and Saffron. Saffron's wings are flared, her eyes wild with a rage he's never seen on such a sweet dragon. Rabble, on the other talon, has tucked his wings and ears so tightly to his body that he looks tiny, crouched on the ground, pleading with the furious Saffron.

Yikes.

"What seems to be our issue today, friends?" He asks, shoulders and haunches relaxed as he saunters toward the hysterical dragons.

Rabble's head snaps toward him. "Khrynia! Khrynia, come with me, Durren's hurt but she's alive, we can-"

"No." Saffron stares Khrynia down, eyes cold, a dull lack of light within. "We are not going to fetch Durren. She is not one of us."

Khrynia, unsure how to continue, waits for one of them to continue. Saffron is Rabble's superior, but Khrynia is superior to both of them. He gets to make this decision, and he has all the time in the world.

Well, as much time as Durren has to live, he supposes.

Saffron takes an almost threatening step toward Khrynia. "Durren, the worm, the wretch, the rat, she killed my husband. She did it. So I took care of it."

Ah. So the blood coating Saffron's forearms is not hers.

Rabble's shaking like a hatchling in a rainstorm as he bounds up to join Saffron. "But, of course, we need to help heal her so that we can properly question and-"

The only noise to escape his mouth after this is a choke as Saffron whirls upon the dragon she took as a brother not long ago - and throws him to the ground, leaping upon the flailing blue Pearlcatcher with hot fury.

Rabble's pearl clatters out of his bag, and begins to roll.

Khrynia doesn't know exactly what happens next - he's a doctor and proudly a coward, he's not a fighter. But being a medic, well, you tend to know things.

He didn't mean to use such live-saving knowledge in such a way, but Rabble is an important dragon to Fennel for reasons Khrynia cannot fathom, and before he knows it, well...

Saffron's heart goes quiet, and that crimson pool he's so used to begins to grow around her head.

No, no.

Khrynia's not a killer, no, of course not.

As he stares upon the still body - there's no saving her from this one - he hears Rabble begin to cry.

Three hours later.

Khrynia may be a questionable source of morals at times, but he prides himself on not being evil.

He's not, of course. He's just playing the game the world handed to him.

So he did, in the end, make his way to where Durren's body rested. She was never going to be saved; from what Khrynia can tell, she was dead before Saffron and Rabble even reached home.

Khrynia, now, stands contentedly above the grave he dug on his own for the young dragon. Her favourite flowers, those little dandelions that popped up around the ravine's surface, rest upon the mound of disturbed dirt which holds her body so gently.

Khrynia almost had the mind to bury the pearl along with her.

Hah, of course.

No, he can't afford to sacrifice his standing like that, no matter how much Durren may deserve to have it. She will have to return to the Lightweaver still lacking her pearl.

He tightens his grip on the beautiful smooth gemstone he's carried with him for, oh, two years now? Must be.

"Thank you for the pearl, dear child," he murmurs to the grave.

Such is life, right?

HOOOOOOO BOY I wanted to keep the pearl thing a secret for a little longer, why did Durren have to kick the bucket so fast </333
Finals are absolutely wrecking me right now but I'm trying my best to keep updates coming, sorry about how choppy it is right now!!

Also,,, I completely forgot assassins aren't allowed in the coli. Oops. Next time I'll do it right I swear
Introducing our two new dragons next update because a LOT already happened today loll

pinglist: @Humdrum @Pikabolt @Hyenalope @Jaspernoir @inc0rpor3al @pancakeswithabs

Previous || Next
Fnrx3wS.png
tyEuRXe.png

word i cant say here and cries :GODWHY:
Durren, somewhere up there (down there?): why did she kill me these cannot possibly be the consequences of my own actions
word i cant say here and cries :GODWHY:
Durren, somewhere up there (down there?): why did she kill me these cannot possibly be the consequences of my own actions
1 2 3