Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Moon Knight [possible spoliers]
1 2 3 4 5
Oh in terms of episode four:

it felt very much like the moonknight system's "inner world" or "headspace". It is a thing that many systems have and they might have retreated to that space to feel safe and I think it was Taweret the god associated with water at the end of the episode since they fell into water.
Oh in terms of episode four:

it felt very much like the moonknight system's "inner world" or "headspace". It is a thing that many systems have and they might have retreated to that space to feel safe and I think it was Taweret the god associated with water at the end of the episode since they fell into water.
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
@orionis

So sad about this show being over soon, this is probably my favorite after Wandavision!

In regards to why Harrow puts glass in his shoe, Ethan Hawke (the actor) actually came up with that himself! He saw that Harrow had a cane, and to show just how much of a religious zealot he is, he figured Harrow would do this as some sort of self inflicted punishment or just to display his commitment. Fun fact: the glass used is candy glass that shatters into dust when pressure is applied, so he wasn't hurt at all!

@brighteningskies

That is so neat! Would you say that this show has accurately portrayed DID? (If that is an insensitive question I apologize, feel free to not answer! I do not have DID so it is interesting to hear the opinions of someone who does)
@orionis

So sad about this show being over soon, this is probably my favorite after Wandavision!

In regards to why Harrow puts glass in his shoe, Ethan Hawke (the actor) actually came up with that himself! He saw that Harrow had a cane, and to show just how much of a religious zealot he is, he figured Harrow would do this as some sort of self inflicted punishment or just to display his commitment. Fun fact: the glass used is candy glass that shatters into dust when pressure is applied, so he wasn't hurt at all!

@brighteningskies

That is so neat! Would you say that this show has accurately portrayed DID? (If that is an insensitive question I apologize, feel free to not answer! I do not have DID so it is interesting to hear the opinions of someone who does)
she/her
@Kingofangels
Good shows being short is some sort of norm at this point. Not sure if I am glad, because that means there's less chance of ruining it, or sad because I end up wanting more and there's none lol. I absolutely loved Wandavision, too.

This was something I had no idea of. I love reading such things. I guessed it would've been something like this, self-punishment and it really does fit Harrow.

@galaxywings48 as a person who is not a host of a system, all I have is outside knowledge.
From my perspective, yes, the show is worth a watch ... when it comes to violence there's a lot of fighting (It's Marvel afterall), punching, stabbing, some blood, etc. but what is excessive to you is probably not be excessive to me so it's hard to say. Maybe just give the first episode a shot and see if it pulls you in?
At the end I couldn't help wondering 'what in the world was that' (in a good way) and it took a hold of me immediately.
@Kingofangels
Good shows being short is some sort of norm at this point. Not sure if I am glad, because that means there's less chance of ruining it, or sad because I end up wanting more and there's none lol. I absolutely loved Wandavision, too.

This was something I had no idea of. I love reading such things. I guessed it would've been something like this, self-punishment and it really does fit Harrow.

@galaxywings48 as a person who is not a host of a system, all I have is outside knowledge.
From my perspective, yes, the show is worth a watch ... when it comes to violence there's a lot of fighting (It's Marvel afterall), punching, stabbing, some blood, etc. but what is excessive to you is probably not be excessive to me so it's hard to say. Maybe just give the first episode a shot and see if it pulls you in?
At the end I couldn't help wondering 'what in the world was that' (in a good way) and it took a hold of me immediately.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
@galaxywings48
Prefacing by saying I've done research on DID, but I am not a system myself.

I absolutely agree on your stance; too much of the representation for DID in big media is either negative, or a harmful stereotype. However, in this particular case I have to look at Moon Knight from a slightly different perspective. It's first and foremost a show in the superhero genre, which means there inevitably will be fighting/violence in some form. I'm personally of the opinion that Moon Knight is portrayed as the protagonist, and at least as a not-the-villain character, which I feel is a step in the right direction for representation.

Honestly I think the show is definitely worth a watch, if at the very least to see how the producers went about with the portrayal. And like Orionis said, maybe just check out the first episode and see what you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do end up watching it though!
@galaxywings48
Prefacing by saying I've done research on DID, but I am not a system myself.

I absolutely agree on your stance; too much of the representation for DID in big media is either negative, or a harmful stereotype. However, in this particular case I have to look at Moon Knight from a slightly different perspective. It's first and foremost a show in the superhero genre, which means there inevitably will be fighting/violence in some form. I'm personally of the opinion that Moon Knight is portrayed as the protagonist, and at least as a not-the-villain character, which I feel is a step in the right direction for representation.

Honestly I think the show is definitely worth a watch, if at the very least to see how the producers went about with the portrayal. And like Orionis said, maybe just check out the first episode and see what you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do end up watching it though!
I prefer to be pinged
if you reply to my forum posts!
ROyFQqy.png Not a dead lair, I'm just very busy irl!
@Kingofangels

So far I'd say that it does a pretty decent job especially showing the memory loss and disassociation particularly well. I also like how different Marc is from Steven especially with having a different accent since I've been told my accent/voice changes quite a bit.

It's definitely a tricky question to answer for everyone since I've seen some systems talking about how they didn't think it had a good portrayal. In particular I saw a few saying in their opinion was that it looked more like a a portrayal of schizophrenia than DID.

This is very complicated however since there is a small amount of overlap in symptoms and also the hallucinations that Steven & Marc have are often actually caused by magical stuff rather than any mental illness reasons.

Sorry I went on a bit of a tangent lol but essentially in my opinion it is doing a good job so far.
@Kingofangels

So far I'd say that it does a pretty decent job especially showing the memory loss and disassociation particularly well. I also like how different Marc is from Steven especially with having a different accent since I've been told my accent/voice changes quite a bit.

It's definitely a tricky question to answer for everyone since I've seen some systems talking about how they didn't think it had a good portrayal. In particular I saw a few saying in their opinion was that it looked more like a a portrayal of schizophrenia than DID.

This is very complicated however since there is a small amount of overlap in symptoms and also the hallucinations that Steven & Marc have are often actually caused by magical stuff rather than any mental illness reasons.

Sorry I went on a bit of a tangent lol but essentially in my opinion it is doing a good job so far.
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
@brighteningskies

That's very interesting! I'm sure DID is probably dramatized for the sake of being more easily seen in effect, considering it is a mental thing. I do think it's cool that they've gotten some things accurate about it though!

@brighteningskies

That's very interesting! I'm sure DID is probably dramatized for the sake of being more easily seen in effect, considering it is a mental thing. I do think it's cool that they've gotten some things accurate about it though!

she/her
Ok. Episode five broke me. So many emotions??? Gosh was it amazing though!!

Wow.
Ok. Episode five broke me. So many emotions??? Gosh was it amazing though!!

Wow.
she/her
Don’t spoil it for me because due to life I won’t be able to watch it until this weekend, but I can tell by what you said I’m for a ride.
Don’t spoil it for me because due to life I won’t be able to watch it until this weekend, but I can tell by what you said I’m for a ride.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
@sashathebrave

No spoilers from me, don't worry! However, if you cry easily, you might want to keep a box of tissues on hand (;
@sashathebrave

No spoilers from me, don't worry! However, if you cry easily, you might want to keep a box of tissues on hand (;
she/her
I'd like to just hop in this thread since I'm lowkey obsessed with this show!! Episode 4 was an absolute TRIP and I loved the twist so much.

And my thoughts on episode five is just...ouch. I was feeling a little hopeful with the eventual acceptance in the end, and it makes me so happy that Marc and Steven are both helping each other heal. Except then the last five minutes happened and I was sobbing. like i wasn't already

But like,,, this and WandaVision being my favorite shows?? I really need to stop picking the sad ones it is NOT helping ;-;
I'd like to just hop in this thread since I'm lowkey obsessed with this show!! Episode 4 was an absolute TRIP and I loved the twist so much.

And my thoughts on episode five is just...ouch. I was feeling a little hopeful with the eventual acceptance in the end, and it makes me so happy that Marc and Steven are both helping each other heal. Except then the last five minutes happened and I was sobbing. like i wasn't already

But like,,, this and WandaVision being my favorite shows?? I really need to stop picking the sad ones it is NOT helping ;-;
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
1 2 3 4 5