Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Moon Knight [possible spoliers]
1 2 3 4 5
I didn't see a forum for Moon Knight, so I figured I'd make one!

Just a place to chat about Moon Knight, the characters, plots, theories, etc!

Not really any rules just general niceties:
-please just assume every post will have spoilers and read at your own risk (,:
-be kind (:
-please try to post about Moon Knight, if you can help it! (Talk of other Marvel media is alright, just please try to keep it relevant to MK!)

I'll start:
I love Steven Grant so dang much and [possible spoil] I'm upset at Marc for being a body hog ????
I didn't see a forum for Moon Knight, so I figured I'd make one!

Just a place to chat about Moon Knight, the characters, plots, theories, etc!

Not really any rules just general niceties:
-please just assume every post will have spoilers and read at your own risk (,:
-be kind (:
-please try to post about Moon Knight, if you can help it! (Talk of other Marvel media is alright, just please try to keep it relevant to MK!)

I'll start:
I love Steven Grant so dang much and [possible spoil] I'm upset at Marc for being a body hog ????
she/her
good show so far. i can't wait for the fourth episode since directors have mentioned it'll possibly be one of the most exciting episodes in the show due to a special "twist." very excited to see what it'll be haha

the cinematography has been amazing.. the scenery when steven is running from the guards in the first episode when he wakes up in the mountains is breathtaking
good show so far. i can't wait for the fourth episode since directors have mentioned it'll possibly be one of the most exciting episodes in the show due to a special "twist." very excited to see what it'll be haha

the cinematography has been amazing.. the scenery when steven is running from the guards in the first episode when he wakes up in the mountains is breathtaking
@ceilingtile
YES. So excited for all of the episodes, honestly! I have no knowledge of any of the comic lore, so everything has been a surprise to me so far!

The scenery is just gorgeous, this genuinely might be one of Marvel's most gorgeous shows yet! The song choices are also PHENOMENAL; I've been listening to "A Man Without Love" by Engelbert Humperdinck on repeat 24/7.
@ceilingtile
YES. So excited for all of the episodes, honestly! I have no knowledge of any of the comic lore, so everything has been a surprise to me so far!

The scenery is just gorgeous, this genuinely might be one of Marvel's most gorgeous shows yet! The song choices are also PHENOMENAL; I've been listening to "A Man Without Love" by Engelbert Humperdinck on repeat 24/7.
she/her
Wednesdays are my new favorite day because of this show! I've only seen up to episode 2. Going to watch the third this evening. I like the direction it's going adnt how it balances answering questions while bringing up new ones at the same time. The pacing is great and I'm enjoying all of the characters so far.

Wednesdays are my new favorite day because of this show! I've only seen up to episode 2. Going to watch the third this evening. I like the direction it's going adnt how it balances answering questions while bringing up new ones at the same time. The pacing is great and I'm enjoying all of the characters so far.

Y02PS6v.png
I've been pleasantly surprised! It looks like they did their research on both DID/mental health and ancient Egypt? I mean two episodes in buuut.

Anyways both Marc and Steven are really... nice guys. :>
I've been pleasantly surprised! It looks like they did their research on both DID/mental health and ancient Egypt? I mean two episodes in buuut.

Anyways both Marc and Steven are really... nice guys. :>
@alize

very relatable! i get so excited for wednesdays now! idk like how they answer previously asked questions but remain to surprise us. (:

@softy

i do not have any experience with these mental health issues, but i don’t think they’ve portrayed it in a harmful way which is great! (if they have i would have no idea, i dont know enough about DID, tbh). i do think the way they portray egypt is very pretty (((:

marc and steven each make me swoon but in their separate ways ????
@alize

very relatable! i get so excited for wednesdays now! idk like how they answer previously asked questions but remain to surprise us. (:

@softy

i do not have any experience with these mental health issues, but i don’t think they’ve portrayed it in a harmful way which is great! (if they have i would have no idea, i dont know enough about DID, tbh). i do think the way they portray egypt is very pretty (((:

marc and steven each make me swoon but in their separate ways ????
she/her
---possible spoilers in my comment? I don't really comment on the plot much---

Sadly I never had the chance of reading the comics... that being said, I am enjoying the show quite a lot! Plus, Ancient Egyptian mythology... how often do you see this kind of stuff in shows? Barely. As someone who's interested into this, it brings me such joy, haha.
Just seen the third episode today, I'm very intrigued. It also introduced the late Gaspard Ulliel's character and just-... man, made my heart hurt a little.

Also, the suits? Both of them? I frigging love them how they look. Khonshu's voice is also just perfect.
Steven is an absolute sweetheart and I adore him. And then there's Marc. Bada$$. And I love, just love how Oscar Isaac portrays both. Ready to know more in episode four...

However, and I know I'm in the minority, I dislike Layla. I feel like she just adds nothing to the show aside from being Marc's (and I guess in a way Steven's) wife. I'm glad she can stand her ground, but she annoys me. If others like her, that's fine by me, but I just can't.
---possible spoilers in my comment? I don't really comment on the plot much---

Sadly I never had the chance of reading the comics... that being said, I am enjoying the show quite a lot! Plus, Ancient Egyptian mythology... how often do you see this kind of stuff in shows? Barely. As someone who's interested into this, it brings me such joy, haha.
Just seen the third episode today, I'm very intrigued. It also introduced the late Gaspard Ulliel's character and just-... man, made my heart hurt a little.

Also, the suits? Both of them? I frigging love them how they look. Khonshu's voice is also just perfect.
Steven is an absolute sweetheart and I adore him. And then there's Marc. Bada$$. And I love, just love how Oscar Isaac portrays both. Ready to know more in episode four...

However, and I know I'm in the minority, I dislike Layla. I feel like she just adds nothing to the show aside from being Marc's (and I guess in a way Steven's) wife. I'm glad she can stand her ground, but she annoys me. If others like her, that's fine by me, but I just can't.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
@orionis

Egyptian mythology is so interesting and this show is making me want to get even more into it!! I had a phase a few years ago but it's since passed and I've forgotten nearly everything, sadly

I ADORE BOTH SUITS. And how Steven just decided to stick with the nice suit, it's so adorable. I love both Marc and Steven for different reasons; Steven is so sweet and polite and Marc is usually so patient with him (oh and a total bada$$).

I also don't much like Layla, she does irritate me and like you said, she has no major connection to the plot. I would not be uber upset if she left/died (no matter how horrible it sounds) Let Marc be an independent man who don't need no woman!
@orionis

Egyptian mythology is so interesting and this show is making me want to get even more into it!! I had a phase a few years ago but it's since passed and I've forgotten nearly everything, sadly

I ADORE BOTH SUITS. And how Steven just decided to stick with the nice suit, it's so adorable. I love both Marc and Steven for different reasons; Steven is so sweet and polite and Marc is usually so patient with him (oh and a total bada$$).

I also don't much like Layla, she does irritate me and like you said, she has no major connection to the plot. I would not be uber upset if she left/died (no matter how horrible it sounds) Let Marc be an independent man who don't need no woman!
she/her
As a comic fan of Moon Knight, I’m kind of astonished how they’re actually filming/acting in the show so well, it’s one of the things helping me through current mental health problems including dissociation/nightmares. I’d say more if I was feeling better.
As a comic fan of Moon Knight, I’m kind of astonished how they’re actually filming/acting in the show so well, it’s one of the things helping me through current mental health problems including dissociation/nightmares. I’d say more if I was feeling better.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
@Kingofangels

''Let Marc be an independent man who don't need no woman'' <--- This made me laugh! But I can't help agreeing. Each time she's in a scene with him she just... nags him about their relationship. Constantly. Even when the timing is far, far from right.

Speaking of Steven, man, did I feel so bad for him in the first episode. The way he was shat on by his... colleague? Supervisor? I don't even remember who that blonde woman was except that her name was Donna. He tried his best, he was passionate and the way he just got so into it when talking about Egypt was absolutely endearing. And, not gonna lie, cute. The way each time his expression dropped when Donna treated him like he was useless and how she berated him, it actually hurt to see. She's trash. I'd say worse but I don't wanna get banned. Awful person all around.
It was also obvious that this sort of treatment from others was not new to him.
@Kingofangels

''Let Marc be an independent man who don't need no woman'' <--- This made me laugh! But I can't help agreeing. Each time she's in a scene with him she just... nags him about their relationship. Constantly. Even when the timing is far, far from right.

Speaking of Steven, man, did I feel so bad for him in the first episode. The way he was shat on by his... colleague? Supervisor? I don't even remember who that blonde woman was except that her name was Donna. He tried his best, he was passionate and the way he just got so into it when talking about Egypt was absolutely endearing. And, not gonna lie, cute. The way each time his expression dropped when Donna treated him like he was useless and how she berated him, it actually hurt to see. She's trash. I'd say worse but I don't wanna get banned. Awful person all around.
It was also obvious that this sort of treatment from others was not new to him.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
1 2 3 4 5