Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Strange game types you like?
1 2 3 4 5
if i get to play as some kind of animal or creature im set. mario games (dk not included) and mysims and minecraft (technically) may be the only games i play with some frequency where you actually have to play as a human lmao
if i get to play as some kind of animal or creature im set. mario games (dk not included) and mysims and minecraft (technically) may be the only games i play with some frequency where you actually have to play as a human lmao
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I'm not sure if they count as obscure (definitely isn't a popular genre anyway) but I love Point-And-Click horror/mystery games. I find them very cozy and relaxing, and it's always rewarding to me when I finally manage to beat a puzzle that I've been stuck on for a while.

I'm actually playing through one at the moment called 'The Last Door' on Switch :)
I'm not sure if they count as obscure (definitely isn't a popular genre anyway) but I love Point-And-Click horror/mystery games. I find them very cozy and relaxing, and it's always rewarding to me when I finally manage to beat a puzzle that I've been stuck on for a while.

I'm actually playing through one at the moment called 'The Last Door' on Switch :)
Rainbow-Heart.gif
How do you classify Bugsnax?

Also, games that require knowledge, but aren't extremely complex. Take Monster Rancher 2 for example; You need to know certain critical things to have your monster live well. But you don't need to enter the min-maxing stuff (mainly player V player stuff) if you don't feel like it.

Then decoration/customization simulator games, such as Aquarium Designer.
How do you classify Bugsnax?

Also, games that require knowledge, but aren't extremely complex. Take Monster Rancher 2 for example; You need to know certain critical things to have your monster live well. But you don't need to enter the min-maxing stuff (mainly player V player stuff) if you don't feel like it.

Then decoration/customization simulator games, such as Aquarium Designer.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
I love games where you play as the monster/ villain, for example Carrion.
I love games where you play as the monster/ villain, for example Carrion.
TinyKoi2.png
Whatever Rain World has going on. It’s a survival platformer/adventure, but it is unique in that it has a living ecosystem and an ever-changing world populated by creatures that interact with each other and have unique personalities. I want more games that have complex ecosystems.
Whatever Rain World has going on. It’s a survival platformer/adventure, but it is unique in that it has a living ecosystem and an ever-changing world populated by creatures that interact with each other and have unique personalities. I want more games that have complex ecosystems.
oJK1fXV.png
Whatever genre Minecraft is.
Whatever genre Minecraft is.
Orb.Farm !!! It's so much fun
Orb.Farm !!! It's so much fun
serperior.gif druddigon.gif kyurem.gif zekrom.gif reshiram.gif
I play a lot of different games, but some of the more niche genres I like to play are breeding/pet simulators. I got Wobbledogs the other day and I've loving it so far! It's a breeding sim where you breed and raise funny looking dogs that wiggle around.

I also like games where you can play an an animal. I don't play them as often anymore these days. I'm not sure what you'd classify that as? Maybe an animal RPG or survival game. Some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Wolfquest, Fly Like A Bird, Feral Heart, Impressive Title, and Transformice. I was pretty obsessed with those when I was younger haha.
I play a lot of different games, but some of the more niche genres I like to play are breeding/pet simulators. I got Wobbledogs the other day and I've loving it so far! It's a breeding sim where you breed and raise funny looking dogs that wiggle around.

I also like games where you can play an an animal. I don't play them as often anymore these days. I'm not sure what you'd classify that as? Maybe an animal RPG or survival game. Some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Wolfquest, Fly Like A Bird, Feral Heart, Impressive Title, and Transformice. I was pretty obsessed with those when I was younger haha.
I really like rhythm platformers! Or moreso the concept of them, because there's not that many in existence and the only one I've ever actually gotten to play so far is Mad Rat Dead. But I had an astounding amount of fun with MRD! I've always really loved moving in time with the music in games where that's not a main feature, just because it feels satisfying doing stuff to the beat, so MRD was really fun to me because you do everything to the beat, and it just feels really good to do that!
I really like rhythm platformers! Or moreso the concept of them, because there's not that many in existence and the only one I've ever actually gotten to play so far is Mad Rat Dead. But I had an astounding amount of fun with MRD! I've always really loved moving in time with the music in games where that's not a main feature, just because it feels satisfying doing stuff to the beat, so MRD was really fun to me because you do everything to the beat, and it just feels really good to do that!
i love games with a billion minigames within them. not like mario party where the minigames are the game, but like yakuza where i can load up the game and then play mahjong for 3 hours instead of doing the actual storyline :]
i love games with a billion minigames within them. not like mario party where the minigames are the game, but like yakuza where i can load up the game and then play mahjong for 3 hours instead of doing the actual storyline :]
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
1 2 3 4 5