Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Out Of Curiosity: Dragon Agriculture?
Is there dragon agriculture going on? I’m asking because one of my friends said they thought dragons were probably hunter gatherers, unless there was dragon agriculture. I really do want to know if there are canonical dragon farmers going around, because I’m going to be honest, it’d be a little funny.
Is there dragon agriculture going on? I’m asking because one of my friends said they thought dragons were probably hunter gatherers, unless there was dragon agriculture. I really do want to know if there are canonical dragon farmers going around, because I’m going to be honest, it’d be a little funny.
VsoSnU5.png
Hi! I'm Maes! (Pronouns.cc Here!) I run a non-exalting lair. If you purchase a dragon from me with intention to exalt, please name before you exalt!!!!
Drakeharvest is farm-themed so I think there are farms. [item=scene: drakeharvest] Also the Millmeadows location on the world map mentions farms! Here's its description: [quote] Windswept Plateau Millmeadows The ever-turning windmills that dot this landscape have multiple purposes. [u]From grinding to sawing to irrigation, the traditionally laidback dragons of wind earn their keep on these farms[/u]—with a little help from the gusts, of course. Most impressive are the windmills' unique magical ability to efficiently recycle their source of power. Not only do they benefit from wind, they also help contribute to it! [/quote] So farms do exist! :D Although "Gather Items" is more of a hunting/gathering thing so most likely dragons do both! Probably more of the hunter-gathering though. @PeachyMunMagenta
Drakeharvest is farm-themed so I think there are farms. Scene: Drakeharvest

Also the Millmeadows location on the world map mentions farms! Here's its description:
Quote:
Windswept Plateau
Millmeadows

The ever-turning windmills that dot this landscape have multiple purposes. From grinding to sawing to irrigation, the traditionally laidback dragons of wind earn their keep on these farms—with a little help from the gusts, of course. Most impressive are the windmills' unique magical ability to efficiently recycle their source of power. Not only do they benefit from wind, they also help contribute to it!

So farms do exist! :D

Although "Gather Items" is more of a hunting/gathering thing so most likely dragons do both! Probably more of the hunter-gathering though.

@PeachyMunMagenta
absolutely! i would imagine their societies are a mixture of hunting/gathering and farming. i love the garden apparel sets.
Not Found
absolutely! i would imagine their societies are a mixture of hunting/gathering and farming. i love the garden apparel sets.
Not Found
CYT4VFx.png
thank you, everyone who responded!! this is very nice i will now be sharing this information with my friends. wind flight bread
thank you, everyone who responded!! this is very nice i will now be sharing this information with my friends. wind flight bread
VsoSnU5.png
Hi! I'm Maes! (Pronouns.cc Here!) I run a non-exalting lair. If you purchase a dragon from me with intention to exalt, please name before you exalt!!!!
I would assume Nature and Light would have a lot of farms, and the other flights would have fewer with Ice, Fire, Plague, and Shadow(?) having none.
I would assume Nature and Light would have a lot of farms, and the other flights would have fewer with Ice, Fire, Plague, and Shadow(?) having none.
pro tips:
- if you add a message to a CR then decline it, the person who you're trading with CAN'T see the message - editing a post DOES NOT re-ping any pings in the post. you have to remove the pings, submit, then add them back in.
dra... dragriculture...
dra... dragriculture...
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
There's definitely gardening going on as more then a few food items mention it. On top of the apparel we have. Some examples: [item=Alstroemeria] mentions being cultivated for multiple purposes. [item=Blue Rose] talks about changing the properties of the plant via watering. [item=Broadleaf Plantain] the 'able to be grown anywhere' wording implies this is a cultivated plant. [item=Corona Sempervivum] directly mentions gardening. [item=Engineered Superberry] genetically modified. [item=Heavy Grainbasket] talks about harvest and planting seasons. [item=Iris] implies employment as a gardener. [item=Strangler Seeds] don't be mean to your fellow gardeners. There's also many references to foraging. I think there's a bit of a mix of cultivation and gathering, some plants are easier cultivated than others in certain areas (which makes sense that's just like real life).
There's definitely gardening going on as more then a few food items mention it. On top of the apparel we have. Some examples:

Alstroemeria mentions being cultivated for multiple purposes.
Blue Rose talks about changing the properties of the plant via watering.
Broadleaf Plantain the 'able to be grown anywhere' wording implies this is a cultivated plant.
Corona Sempervivum directly mentions gardening.
Engineered Superberry genetically modified.
Heavy Grainbasket talks about harvest and planting seasons.
Iris implies employment as a gardener.
Strangler Seeds don't be mean to your fellow gardeners.

There's also many references to foraging. I think there's a bit of a mix of cultivation and gathering, some plants are easier cultivated than others in certain areas (which makes sense that's just like real life).
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose