Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 485 486 487 488 489 ... 649 650
Bi woman here, not at all out to my parents. We are close, but they are homophobic for religious reasons (they'd be nice, but the "love the sinner" kind of thing), and I'm not sure what would happen. I currently live with them by necessity.

I live in Texas, so I have to be very careful about who I come out to. It is frustrating. I can't leave, and even if I could not sure I would (I'm an immigration attorney, and I think I can do good here). But it is exhausting sometimes having to hide that part of me. I'm single, but if I ever started dating a woman, I'm not sure what I'd do.
Bi woman here, not at all out to my parents. We are close, but they are homophobic for religious reasons (they'd be nice, but the "love the sinner" kind of thing), and I'm not sure what would happen. I currently live with them by necessity.

I live in Texas, so I have to be very careful about who I come out to. It is frustrating. I can't leave, and even if I could not sure I would (I'm an immigration attorney, and I think I can do good here). But it is exhausting sometimes having to hide that part of me. I'm single, but if I ever started dating a woman, I'm not sure what I'd do.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
I, actually went through the early stages of my development liking girls and girls only. I am a girl myself, and for some reason was homophobic but still wanted pinkie pie and rainbow dash to date after I got into fandom things. I convinced myself that somehow this was not a lesbian think to do. I remained a lesbian until freshman year of high school, when I realized I liked men as well (just had a nasty breakup with my ex girlfriend, who arguably groomed me... which is a story for another day). So to this day, I'm bisexual and find myself actually preferring men more. Dating one, currently. Genuinely want to marry him, and have kids with him, etc.... we are going to the UK in about 2 weeks <3
I, actually went through the early stages of my development liking girls and girls only. I am a girl myself, and for some reason was homophobic but still wanted pinkie pie and rainbow dash to date after I got into fandom things. I convinced myself that somehow this was not a lesbian think to do. I remained a lesbian until freshman year of high school, when I realized I liked men as well (just had a nasty breakup with my ex girlfriend, who arguably groomed me... which is a story for another day). So to this day, I'm bisexual and find myself actually preferring men more. Dating one, currently. Genuinely want to marry him, and have kids with him, etc.... we are going to the UK in about 2 weeks <3
@smallestdogs

Sexuality can totally change. Many people seem to think that for everyone, their sexuality is the same from beginning to end. But that isn't always true.

Me, I didn't realize I was bisexual because I refused to admit I was into women too due to a homophobic upbringing that was internalized. But for others their sexuality does genuinely change.
@smallestdogs

Sexuality can totally change. Many people seem to think that for everyone, their sexuality is the same from beginning to end. But that isn't always true.

Me, I didn't realize I was bisexual because I refused to admit I was into women too due to a homophobic upbringing that was internalized. But for others their sexuality does genuinely change.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
[quote name="StarrberryPills" date="2022-03-03 06:38:19" ] there was a brief discussion of trans hcs on my twitter feed and it made me realize that no one really does any transneu hcs and i felt very left out as a whole lol....... [/quote] I haven’t seen the term “transneu” used much (tbh, it’s still a new term for me. I’ve only really seen it here + on an enby subreddit. Once it gains more traction, you’ll probably see more) but there definitely are enby headcannons out there! I think the lack of them is because the majority of trans people are binary, and prefer to headcannon characters they can relate to (e.g. a trans girl would headcannon trans fems, and a trans guy may headcannon trans mascs) However, if you want to here mine… I imagine Luke from the Sarah Jane Adventures (Doctor Who spin-off) as nonbinary! Throughout the series, there are jokes about them not understanding gender norms, and as they were created as an “archetype” of both male and female humans, it makes sense they would probably be enby in some way!
StarrberryPills wrote on 2022-03-03 06:38:19:
there was a brief discussion of trans hcs on my twitter feed and it made me realize that no one really does any transneu hcs and i felt very left out as a whole lol.......
I haven’t seen the term “transneu” used much (tbh, it’s still a new term for me. I’ve only really seen it here + on an enby subreddit. Once it gains more traction, you’ll probably see more) but there definitely are enby headcannons out there!

I think the lack of them is because the majority of trans people are binary, and prefer to headcannon characters they can relate to (e.g. a trans girl would headcannon trans fems, and a trans guy may headcannon trans mascs)

However, if you want to here mine…
I imagine Luke from the Sarah Jane Adventures (Doctor Who spin-off) as nonbinary! Throughout the series, there are jokes about them not understanding gender norms, and as they were created as an “archetype” of both male and female humans, it makes sense they would probably be enby in some way!
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
[quote name="LemonySnaket" date="2022-03-03 11:21:59" ] [quote name="StarrberryPills" date="2022-03-03 06:38:19" ] there was a brief discussion of trans hcs on my twitter feed and it made me realize that no one really does any transneu hcs and i felt very left out as a whole lol....... [/quote] I haven’t seen the term “transneu” used much (tbh, it’s still a new term for me. I’ve only really seen it here + on an enby subreddit. Once it gains more traction, you’ll probably see more) but there definitely are enby headcannons out there! I think the lack of them is because the majority of trans people are binary, and prefer to headcannon characters they can relate to (e.g. a trans girl would headcannon trans fems, and a trans guy may headcannon trans mascs) However, if you want to here mine… I imagine Luke from the Sarah Jane Adventures (Doctor Who spin-off) as nonbinary! Throughout the series, there are jokes about them not understanding gender norms, and as they were created as an “archetype” of both male and female humans, it makes sense they would probably be enby in some way! [/quote] for me it's like i want to hc one of my comfort characters as transneumasc, but i immediately got called a weirdo [emoji=skydancer sad size=1] i just want make myself comfy
LemonySnaket wrote on 2022-03-03 11:21:59:
StarrberryPills wrote on 2022-03-03 06:38:19:
there was a brief discussion of trans hcs on my twitter feed and it made me realize that no one really does any transneu hcs and i felt very left out as a whole lol.......
I haven’t seen the term “transneu” used much (tbh, it’s still a new term for me. I’ve only really seen it here + on an enby subreddit. Once it gains more traction, you’ll probably see more) but there definitely are enby headcannons out there!

I think the lack of them is because the majority of trans people are binary, and prefer to headcannon characters they can relate to (e.g. a trans girl would headcannon trans fems, and a trans guy may headcannon trans mascs)

However, if you want to here mine…
I imagine Luke from the Sarah Jane Adventures (Doctor Who spin-off) as nonbinary! Throughout the series, there are jokes about them not understanding gender norms, and as they were created as an “archetype” of both male and female humans, it makes sense they would probably be enby in some way!
for me it's like i want to hc one of my comfort characters as transneumasc, but i immediately got called a weirdo i just want make myself comfy
PCyLkux.png
BZ6Kt6M.pngsopvTVM.pngPJ4wrf6.png
H0t7Ypl.pngbkLzuAR.pngAZgHtlu.png
wAfJ7Bn.png0XHtpWy.pngbYt72YT.png
qjxrAwx.pngoNrZjs5.pngmlHpBMC.png
butterflygeneeggrose.png Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
i have so many trans hcs that sometimes i forget they arent real

luffy (one piece)? trans boy. zoro (one piece) and shinji (eva)? trans girls. legoshi (beastars)? masc-aligned nb. there's a bunch more that i cant think of right now but i know that when i see them i just. feel it.

i also made a beastars oc who is a trans girl deer! she's very self-conscious about her antlers. she looks kinda like louis but with spots and wider antlers.
i have so many trans hcs that sometimes i forget they arent real

luffy (one piece)? trans boy. zoro (one piece) and shinji (eva)? trans girls. legoshi (beastars)? masc-aligned nb. there's a bunch more that i cant think of right now but i know that when i see them i just. feel it.

i also made a beastars oc who is a trans girl deer! she's very self-conscious about her antlers. she looks kinda like louis but with spots and wider antlers.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I might come out to one of my friends, I think he'll be accepting but I'm nervous.
I might come out to one of my friends, I think he'll be accepting but I'm nervous.
9EC855D6-CDFA-4DAD-87FE-999D16B2B70E.gif
@Dvnch

I know everyone says this but it's really important for you to be comfortable first. Make sure you're ready to come out to them and not pressure yourself into telling them <3

--

And hi! I'm NB and pan. Luckily I haven't had too many bad experiences, I've been pretty lucky except with one of my parents. I'm also not out about being NB to my parents because they're not really on board with other genders...
@Dvnch

I know everyone says this but it's really important for you to be comfortable first. Make sure you're ready to come out to them and not pressure yourself into telling them <3

--

And hi! I'm NB and pan. Luckily I haven't had too many bad experiences, I've been pretty lucky except with one of my parents. I'm also not out about being NB to my parents because they're not really on board with other genders...
MUYNhfy.pngpZJYyk4.pngYMPbu9R.png
Update: It went well! And now that's one less person who I don't have to hide myself around.

@EuclaseAngel Thanks! At first I was nervous but then I took a deep breath and just went with it.
Update: It went well! And now that's one less person who I don't have to hide myself around.

@EuclaseAngel Thanks! At first I was nervous but then I took a deep breath and just went with it.
9EC855D6-CDFA-4DAD-87FE-999D16B2B70E.gif
Genderfluidity is constantly confusing to me meaning it's hard to describe my current gender status to others as well.
Genderfluidity is constantly confusing to me meaning it's hard to describe my current gender status to others as well.
1 2 ... 485 486 487 488 489 ... 649 650