Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i hope new breed hates Plaguebringer
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Cryoluxa" date="2022-03-02 12:59:47" ] Update from "Mistakes Were Made" [quote name="mistywolf96" date="2022-03-01 08:52:54" ] the new breed doesn't hate plaguemother it actually hates profanity. /j [/quote] [quote][b]With muttered profanity[/b], the dragon had to admit his partner was right.[/quote] Theory debunked. [/quote] Thats the real reason they were souped: filthy language!!!
Cryoluxa wrote on 2022-03-02 12:59:47:
Update from "Mistakes Were Made"
mistywolf96 wrote on 2022-03-01 08:52:54:
the new breed doesn't hate plaguemother it actually hates profanity. /j
Quote:
With muttered profanity, the dragon had to admit his partner was right.

Theory debunked.
Thats the real reason they were souped: filthy language!!!
It looks like “shards” is also used as a curse word which is funny to me

However, I choose to believe “GET SOUPED” is guaranteed to start a fight.
It looks like “shards” is also used as a curse word which is funny to me

However, I choose to believe “GET SOUPED” is guaranteed to start a fight.
While it would be cool, I definitely saw the "she didn't know we survived" line as less hostile towards her and more prideful about their own ability to survive what their mother doubted they could do. Kind of like a stubborn type of pride that they proved her wrong but not necessarily outright hate. Sure, the doubt on their abilities probably hurt and we don't exactly know why Plaguebringer pushed them into the Wyrmwound, but I just don't think they would hate her for that. As has been pointed out, Plague is all about survival against all odds, so hate for a challenge in survival seems out of character if anything. From what I see, they just want someone (probably Plaguebringer) to recognise that they are indeed strong and, while that might fester some resentment somewhere down the line, it also might not. They just want their mother to be proud of them
While it would be cool, I definitely saw the "she didn't know we survived" line as less hostile towards her and more prideful about their own ability to survive what their mother doubted they could do. Kind of like a stubborn type of pride that they proved her wrong but not necessarily outright hate. Sure, the doubt on their abilities probably hurt and we don't exactly know why Plaguebringer pushed them into the Wyrmwound, but I just don't think they would hate her for that. As has been pointed out, Plague is all about survival against all odds, so hate for a challenge in survival seems out of character if anything. From what I see, they just want someone (probably Plaguebringer) to recognise that they are indeed strong and, while that might fester some resentment somewhere down the line, it also might not. They just want their mother to be proud of them
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[quote name="Sallin" date="2022-03-02 02:14:59" ] I think the thing with Undead things is that, well, they're dead. They died. whatever is animating them - weird magic or whatever - isn't itself alive, and the undead cannot propagate or evolve. That makes sense! They lost the game of life, they don't get to have a re-do and impose upon the genuinely still-living. Give up the ghost (maybe literally), and let the bodies return to the nutrient cycle to be used again. This is [i]very [/i]different from something that was [i]thought [/i]to be dead that [i]didn't[/i] die. [/quote] I suppose it depends on how you view undead - or rather, how they come to be undead. While magic can play a big role considering the universe we're in - I was still thinking of generic undead as disease based. The most popular explanation for zombies is a virus or some sort of contagion after all. Vampirisms is often tossed in as a "sickness" or aliment. Stuff like that. So, it fit in my head that a dragon forcibly infecting themselves with something that kept their corpse animated (whether doing that killed them outright or only took effect when/if they were actually killed) would be a very "pro-plague" thing to do. But... they're still undead. So PB would still say "Nah, you failed" even though they're using disease to keep surviving after a mortal situation. They've adapted their bodies to keep fighting and surviving - whether their mind is kept intact I suppose is up to the lore writer but that's the part that always sort of seemed contradictory. But yeah, I suppose it goes back to the idea that failure to survive is still failure to survive. Even if you manage to survive after death, I guess you had to fail in the first place. And I guess with the knowledge that the deities are single minded beings with no real branching thoughts - just their single natural goals/beliefs - that PB wouldn't care if you managed to find a way to survive after death, you failed and you only get one chance. I guess that's the key difference... is that if "Death" is the true failure and not "Losing" then as long as the fight didn't kill you, it doesn't matter if you lose or not - survival is accepted. Though, I'm also of the mind that age old forum posts that were probably made on a whim / without an incredible amount of lore forethought probably shouldn't be taken as seriously as that particular line is, lol. So, it works either way.
Sallin wrote on 2022-03-02 02:14:59:

I think the thing with Undead things is that, well, they're dead. They died. whatever is animating them - weird magic or whatever - isn't itself alive, and the undead cannot propagate or evolve. That makes sense! They lost the game of life, they don't get to have a re-do and impose upon the genuinely still-living. Give up the ghost (maybe literally), and let the bodies return to the nutrient cycle to be used again.

This is very different from something that was thought to be dead that didn't die.

I suppose it depends on how you view undead - or rather, how they come to be undead.

While magic can play a big role considering the universe we're in - I was still thinking of generic undead as disease based. The most popular explanation for zombies is a virus or some sort of contagion after all. Vampirisms is often tossed in as a "sickness" or aliment. Stuff like that.

So, it fit in my head that a dragon forcibly infecting themselves with something that kept their corpse animated (whether doing that killed them outright or only took effect when/if they were actually killed) would be a very "pro-plague" thing to do. But... they're still undead. So PB would still say "Nah, you failed" even though they're using disease to keep surviving after a mortal situation. They've adapted their bodies to keep fighting and surviving - whether their mind is kept intact I suppose is up to the lore writer but that's the part that always sort of seemed contradictory.

But yeah, I suppose it goes back to the idea that failure to survive is still failure to survive. Even if you manage to survive after death, I guess you had to fail in the first place. And I guess with the knowledge that the deities are single minded beings with no real branching thoughts - just their single natural goals/beliefs - that PB wouldn't care if you managed to find a way to survive after death, you failed and you only get one chance.

I guess that's the key difference... is that if "Death" is the true failure and not "Losing" then as long as the fight didn't kill you, it doesn't matter if you lose or not - survival is accepted.

Though, I'm also of the mind that age old forum posts that were probably made on a whim / without an incredible amount of lore forethought probably shouldn't be taken as seriously as that particular line is, lol. So, it works either way.

IT7iTv8.png
[quote name="Maithax" date="2022-03-02 13:27:25" ]Sure, the doubt on their abilities probably hurt and we don't exactly know why Plaguebringer pushed them into the Wyrmwound ...[/quote] Given the timeframe and the reference to Ice ("The Green One laughed, the Ice did too"), I think they probably lost a war against the Gaolers like the Banescales did.
Maithax wrote on 2022-03-02 13:27:25:
Sure, the doubt on their abilities probably hurt and we don't exactly know why Plaguebringer pushed them into the Wyrmwound ...

Given the timeframe and the reference to Ice ("The Green One laughed, the Ice did too"), I think they probably lost a war against the Gaolers like the Banescales did.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6