Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 115 116
When will the update to future levels commence? I just completed level 1 and hate to see my points not be counted as I continue to clear away plots. [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
When will the update to future levels commence?

I just completed level 1 and hate to see my points not be counted as I continue to clear away plots.

To be fair, art does take a while. Speaking as an artist, a piece like this can take anything from a couple to several hours for a single one, plus the coding, etc. Also factor in that they are actively working on other events, so they can't just focus on this one thing.

They could have handled the leveling better, but maybe they did this to stop us getting over leveled while they work on the next set.
To be fair, art does take a while. Speaking as an artist, a piece like this can take anything from a couple to several hours for a single one, plus the coding, etc. Also factor in that they are actively working on other events, so they can't just focus on this one thing.

They could have handled the leveling better, but maybe they did this to stop us getting over leveled while they work on the next set.
Regarding future digsites and Research Notes sent from friends once future digsites are unlocked:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Digsite #2 has been released and I choose to only work on the plots there because I'm leveled up enough and done getting prizes from the plots in "Thunder Lizards". But due to how the Archaeology feature currently works, one or more of the plots in "Thunder Lizards" still has covered squares at that time.

So my questions are these, and would also apply to further released digsites:
  • Will I and/or the friend(s) sending me Research Notes be able to choose which digsite the Research Notes go to?
  • Or will they default to the last digsite I work on?
  • And/or once I start working on Digsite #2, will "Thunder Lizards" be toggled (behind the scenes at least) as inactive unless I choose to go back to it for some reason?
Regarding future digsites and Research Notes sent from friends once future digsites are unlocked:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Digsite #2 has been released and I choose to only work on the plots there because I'm leveled up enough and done getting prizes from the plots in "Thunder Lizards". But due to how the Archaeology feature currently works, one or more of the plots in "Thunder Lizards" still has covered squares at that time.

So my questions are these, and would also apply to further released digsites:
  • Will I and/or the friend(s) sending me Research Notes be able to choose which digsite the Research Notes go to?
  • Or will they default to the last digsite I work on?
  • And/or once I start working on Digsite #2, will "Thunder Lizards" be toggled (behind the scenes at least) as inactive unless I choose to go back to it for some reason?
short-siggy.pngWK27CmL.gif
Just wondering, are you supposed to get all 4 the same piece or am I just very unlucky? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/603773636398284850/945416583155712050/unknown.png[/img]
Just wondering, are you supposed to get all 4 the same piece or am I just very unlucky?

unknown.png
@Illuso the same thing happened to my friend who got 3/1 of two items. I guess it's random.
@Illuso the same thing happened to my friend who got 3/1 of two items. I guess it's random.
DWF scouting tab
my only qualm currently is the lack of communication on the team's part. i don't want to get into my own opinions too much, but basically this seems like a beta test (esp taking the low level cap into account). there are a lot of bugs and things to be added, and much feedback is needed from the community. i feel like assuring that the feature is still being developed would have kept a lot of people from feeling disappointed!

still though, i do expect a lot of changes to be made, because some parts of the game seem to be oversights, so i'm personally not too bugged.

also, i don't mind the level cap. i'm happy that it will balance things out for new/inactive players tbh! i'm not terribly active on this site, and still never felt rushed to get to certain levels.
my only qualm currently is the lack of communication on the team's part. i don't want to get into my own opinions too much, but basically this seems like a beta test (esp taking the low level cap into account). there are a lot of bugs and things to be added, and much feedback is needed from the community. i feel like assuring that the feature is still being developed would have kept a lot of people from feeling disappointed!

still though, i do expect a lot of changes to be made, because some parts of the game seem to be oversights, so i'm personally not too bugged.

also, i don't mind the level cap. i'm happy that it will balance things out for new/inactive players tbh! i'm not terribly active on this site, and still never felt rushed to get to certain levels.
forum_sig.png
@Illuso @Linza it is random but that's just straight up not fair like... absolutely ridiculous if you ask me

@Technojara yeah it's kind of annoying that it's been exactly 2 weeks and the devs have said nothing on the subject of when things are going to be released or fixed or if they're listening in regards to what everyone is saying about arlo
@Illuso @Linza it is random but that's just straight up not fair like... absolutely ridiculous if you ask me

@Technojara yeah it's kind of annoying that it's been exactly 2 weeks and the devs have said nothing on the subject of when things are going to be released or fixed or if they're listening in regards to what everyone is saying about arlo
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@hungryhobbits I TOTALLY get where you are coming from. I don't want to open the chests if it's just duplicates of one item.

I'm actually having fun with Arlo's. I didn't know that the cap was there until this weekend but I still hammered (or axed?) away. I wonder if the next digsites will be 3-4 levels or something. They may update after the circus ends. The cap make we want to save all of my axes for the next update.

I've been able to unlock the scene and 6 familiars. I actually have a spreadsheet that I made to calculate percent completion in the plots and I was throwing my lenses into the ones that had the lowest percent completion to get the best bang for my buck with the axes. Still, I would need 85 lenses to complete the other sites that I don't already have completed, and I'm already 50% on two of the plots I've uncovered. ._.
@hungryhobbits I TOTALLY get where you are coming from. I don't want to open the chests if it's just duplicates of one item.

I'm actually having fun with Arlo's. I didn't know that the cap was there until this weekend but I still hammered (or axed?) away. I wonder if the next digsites will be 3-4 levels or something. They may update after the circus ends. The cap make we want to save all of my axes for the next update.

I've been able to unlock the scene and 6 familiars. I actually have a spreadsheet that I made to calculate percent completion in the plots and I was throwing my lenses into the ones that had the lowest percent completion to get the best bang for my buck with the axes. Still, I would need 85 lenses to complete the other sites that I don't already have completed, and I'm already 50% on two of the plots I've uncovered. ._.
DWF scouting tab
What does clean up all plots do?

does that just
DELETE
all the plots ready to be uncovered

or

does it uncover all??

does that just
DELETE

or

does it uncover all??
Welcome to the Earth... here we have dirt and rocks for your sitting convenience. Enjoy.
[quote name="Fluffypuppy77" date="2022-02-21 16:06:24" ] What does clean up all plots do? does that just DELETE all the plots ready to be uncovered or does it uncover all?? [/quote] @Fluffypuppy77 it uncovers things you've worked - very helpful for pickaxe
Fluffypuppy77 wrote on 2022-02-21 16:06:24:

does that just
DELETE

or

does it uncover all??
@Fluffypuppy77 it uncovers things you've worked - very helpful for pickaxe
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether