Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arlo´s Pickaxes & Magnifying glass
1 2
I would support this. I've never liked being forced to frequently return to a game, and Arlo doesn't feel all that nice since you can gather those resources instantly and then then you can only use one at a time.

I don't mind if using multiple resources at once would include some sort of penalty. Say there's an option to "work throughout the day". That'll only ever spend 3 pickaxes and 3 magnifying glasses and you can't do any more work or access your digsites for 20 hours (friend notes however can get added mid-work).

That way people who frequently visit Arlo will still be rewarded, while people who can't access the site can get a little more work done.
I would support this. I've never liked being forced to frequently return to a game, and Arlo doesn't feel all that nice since you can gather those resources instantly and then then you can only use one at a time.

I don't mind if using multiple resources at once would include some sort of penalty. Say there's an option to "work throughout the day". That'll only ever spend 3 pickaxes and 3 magnifying glasses and you can't do any more work or access your digsites for 20 hours (friend notes however can get added mid-work).

That way people who frequently visit Arlo will still be rewarded, while people who can't access the site can get a little more work done.
[quote name="Dabble" date="2022-02-16 01:37:36" ] I disagree with the above Ppl who due to responsibilities, sickness or other can't play should be able to get stuff from AAA. Nothing when you sign up for this game does it say "require x amount of time day" AAA is different than other features so letting ppl convert their ressourcers to notes, sell them, gift them to others, or allow use of mulitiple items w6th added extra time is only fair! [/quote]Alro is no different than other features like bonding with familiars, Baldwin or the coli: people that want the stuff from those features should put in the time to get them.
Dabble wrote on 2022-02-16 01:37:36:
I disagree with the above
Ppl who due to responsibilities, sickness or other can't play should be able to get stuff from AAA.
Nothing when you sign up for this game does it say "require x amount of time day"
AAA is different than other features so letting ppl convert their ressourcers to notes, sell them, gift them to others, or allow use of mulitiple items w6th added extra time is only fair!
Alro is no different than other features like bonding with familiars, Baldwin or the coli: people that want the stuff from those features should put in the time to get them.
ZQGfAQY.png
Staff has said there isn't really a cap. The only thing that adding something like this would fix would be for people who don't like seeing supplies pile up. Maybe if they added a queue type of system, where things just auto worked? [quote name="Kaepora" date="2022-02-07 07:05:24" ] [b]Is there a cap on stored resources?[/b] The cap for resources is so high, it's effectively uncapped. You don't need to worry about maxing out your stored resources in the event you're only able to muster resources for a period of time. [emoji=banescale happy size=1] [/quote] I myself am testing out how high this cap is. On average I get 4 magnifying glasses a day. So far I have 40 magnifying glasses. If all goes well, by the end of the month I should have 100. Within about a year, 1,000 magnifying glasses.
Staff has said there isn't really a cap. The only thing that adding something like this would fix would be for people who don't like seeing supplies pile up. Maybe if they added a queue type of system, where things just auto worked?
Kaepora wrote on 2022-02-07 07:05:24:

Is there a cap on stored resources?

The cap for resources is so high, it's effectively uncapped. You don't need to worry about maxing out your stored resources in the event you're only able to muster resources for a period of time.

I myself am testing out how high this cap is. On average I get 4 magnifying glasses a day. So far I have 40 magnifying glasses. If all goes well, by the end of the month I should have 100. Within about a year, 1,000 magnifying glasses.
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2022-02-16 07:32:14" ] [quote name="Dabble" date="2022-02-16 01:37:36" ] I disagree with the above Ppl who due to responsibilities, sickness or other can't play should be able to get stuff from AAA. Nothing when you sign up for this game does it say "require x amount of time day" AAA is different than other features so letting ppl convert their ressourcers to notes, sell them, gift them to others, or allow use of mulitiple items w6th added extra time is only fair! [/quote]Alro is no different than other features like bonding with familiars, Baldwin or the coli: people that want the stuff from those features should put in the time to get them. [/quote] You can buy and sell Baldwin mats. I cant see why it should not be possible to sell/gift ressources
Jessyta wrote on 2022-02-16 07:32:14:
Ppl who due to responsibilities, sickness or other can't play should be able to get stuff from AAA.
Nothing when you sign up for this game does it say "require x amount of time day"
AAA is different than other features so letting ppl convert their ressourcers to notes, sell them, gift them to others, or allow use of mulitiple items w6th added extra time is only fair!
Alro is no different than other features like bonding with familiars, Baldwin or the coli: people that want the stuff from those features should put in the time to get them.

You can buy and sell Baldwin mats. I cant see why it should not be possible to sell/gift ressources
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[quote name="BirdBrained" date="2022-02-15 10:06:21" ] Yes, please! Just coming back here. I'm at 30+ picks, and like 28 magnifying glasses— the only thing I empty are the notes. AND, I've gotten only 2 notes (but 5-7 picks and magnifyers) for multiple days in a row, which hurts and is a little stressful, seeing that number hopelessly climb. I have a bunch of friends I'd like to be able to help, but I cannot repay the average of 5 notes I'm sent a day to me with only 2 to send out. It'd take hours for me to feed the items I have now into orders, but trading 10 of each for notes? That's almost 6 notes I can instantly send out to reciprocate the help I'm given. I could use those items then, and I would like that. Let Arlo's be more cooperative, and, with the right playstyle, require less time sitting around. And based on this suggestion, my experience, and what many others are voicing, these caps and numbers are too variable to be compatible with any playstyle, the way they work at the moment. A solution, one way or another, needs to come about. [/quote] 54 magnifying glass, 38 pickaxes! and i only get to use one of one of them every day
BirdBrained wrote on 2022-02-15 10:06:21:
Yes, please!
Just coming back here. I'm at 30+ picks, and like 28 magnifying glasses— the only thing I empty are the notes.

AND, I've gotten only 2 notes (but 5-7 picks and magnifyers) for multiple days in a row, which hurts and is a little stressful, seeing that number hopelessly climb. I have a bunch of friends I'd like to be able to help, but I cannot repay the average of 5 notes I'm sent a day to me with only 2 to send out. It'd take hours for me to feed the items I have now into orders, but trading 10 of each for notes? That's almost 6 notes I can instantly send out to reciprocate the help I'm given. I could use those items then, and I would like that.

Let Arlo's be more cooperative, and, with the right playstyle, require less time sitting around. And based on this suggestion, my experience, and what many others are voicing, these caps and numbers are too variable to be compatible with any playstyle, the way they work at the moment. A solution, one way or another, needs to come about.

54 magnifying glass, 38 pickaxes! and i only get to use one of one of them every day
[quote name="Dabble" date="2022-02-17 08:33:31" ] [quote name="Jessyta" date="2022-02-16 07:32:14" ] [quote name="Dabble" date="2022-02-16 01:37:36" ] I disagree with the above Ppl who due to responsibilities, sickness or other can't play should be able to get stuff from AAA. Nothing when you sign up for this game does it say "require x amount of time day" AAA is different than other features so letting ppl convert their ressourcers to notes, sell them, gift them to others, or allow use of mulitiple items w6th added extra time is only fair! [/quote]Alro is no different than other features like bonding with familiars, Baldwin or the coli: people that want the stuff from those features should put in the time to get them. [/quote] You can buy and sell Baldwin mats. I cant see why it should not be possible to sell/gift ressources [/quote]To clarify my position on this suggestion, I agree with allowing players to sell/gift them. I am only against allowing multiples used at once.
Dabble wrote on 2022-02-17 08:33:31:
Jessyta wrote on 2022-02-16 07:32:14:

You can buy and sell Baldwin mats. I cant see why it should not be possible to sell/gift ressources
To clarify my position on this suggestion, I agree with allowing players to sell/gift them. I am only against allowing multiples used at once.
ZQGfAQY.png
No support. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of there being a timer in the first place? Also I too am a casual player and just use items when I can. There's no rush to uncover everything or use your tools, tools carry over to the next day. You never lose them. This idea essentially has the game played for you, instead of you putting in the time to get the items you want.
No support. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of there being a timer in the first place? Also I too am a casual player and just use items when I can. There's no rush to uncover everything or use your tools, tools carry over to the next day. You never lose them. This idea essentially has the game played for you, instead of you putting in the time to get the items you want.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
No support on having the game play itself.
Selling and trading resources is fine. We can do it with baldwin.

This shouldn't be the exception to the whole "you must do it actively to get it" rule. I too am impatient and am not on often. I'm still only level 14 in baldwin.

You'll be fine.
No support on having the game play itself.
Selling and trading resources is fine. We can do it with baldwin.

This shouldn't be the exception to the whole "you must do it actively to get it" rule. I too am impatient and am not on often. I'm still only level 14 in baldwin.

You'll be fine.
It would be nice to do something with extra items. I have 24 picks and 46 magnifying glasses so far because i only check once a day. Maybe if we could sell them on AH?
It would be nice to do something with extra items. I have 24 picks and 46 magnifying glasses so far because i only check once a day. Maybe if we could sell them on AH?
1 2