Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Earth Primal displaying a pink stone?
Is this intended or a visual error? I have no idea. But it bothers me to no end so I need to know if this was intented. It looks so out of place orz [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/888741311933456435/940313048982372362/unknown.png[/img]
Is this intended or a visual error? I have no idea. But it bothers me to no end so I need to know if this was intented. It looks so out of place orz

unknown.png
@Anjoulas Seems to be intentional as it's across all breeds. Check out baby spirals: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=134&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=36&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=19&auth=8cb591482540657ba2304859947c2b9e90545630&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Now I can't unsee that.
@Anjoulas

Seems to be intentional as it's across all breeds. Check out baby spirals:

dragon?age=0&body=134&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=36&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=19&auth=8cb591482540657ba2304859947c2b9e90545630&dummyext=prev.png

Now I can't unsee that.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
The light green stones also look ‘out of place’, but I like that the Earth primal crystals aren’t just all a boring shade of brown. It makes it a bit brighter and more interesting.
The light green stones also look ‘out of place’, but I like that the Earth primal crystals aren’t just all a boring shade of brown. It makes it a bit brighter and more interesting.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Thanks for confirming!
Thanks for confirming!
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-02-07 12:33:18" ] The light green stones also look ‘out of place’, but I like that the Earth primal crystals aren’t just all a boring shade of brown. It makes it a bit brighter and more interesting. [/quote] Seriously, Earth and Fire (and I say this as a Fire clan) already suffer from being the most visually boring flights on site in art assets anyway, there are so many beautiful colors of rocks and crystals and minerals for inspiration and it's all mostly, brown. Personally, that's why we're the two smallest flights, everything the player has to see on a regular basis like nests and lair background is blah. Don't be trying to take away what little interesting color look there is for Earth! [emoji=pearlcatcher laughing size=1]
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-02-07 12:33:18:

Seriously, Earth and Fire (and I say this as a Fire clan) already suffer from being the most visually boring flights on site in art assets anyway, there are so many beautiful colors of rocks and crystals and minerals for inspiration and it's all mostly, brown. Personally, that's why we're the two smallest flights, everything the player has to see on a regular basis like nests and lair background is blah.

Don't be trying to take away what little interesting color look there is for Earth!
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
Gotta be honest here, on the spiral it looks good (or at least better) because there's more variety in the stone colors and more different colored ones. On that Guardian there's one and a small pixel thingy above the eye making them look more out of place than fitting in. And the light-green/grey ones just look slightly uncolored. Maybe it's a breed-specific issue there.
Gotta be honest here, on the spiral it looks good (or at least better) because there's more variety in the stone colors and more different colored ones. On that Guardian there's one and a small pixel thingy above the eye making them look more out of place than fitting in. And the light-green/grey ones just look slightly uncolored. Maybe it's a breed-specific issue there.
Oh gosh, I've just realised something - is this a trick of the eye? There is a phenomenon where our our brains tend to average alike colours, or see the same colour as a different shade when it is presented against another background that is either contrasted, or similar to the original colour.

In the original image post, I am seeing the pinky eye colour as you are describing. However, on the bebe Spiral a few posts down, I'm seeing peach, brown and earthy tones on the Primal eye border.

This might also be something to consider. Computer monitor, phone screens, and bluelight filters may also alter your perception. Colours are WHACK, yo!
Oh gosh, I've just realised something - is this a trick of the eye? There is a phenomenon where our our brains tend to average alike colours, or see the same colour as a different shade when it is presented against another background that is either contrasted, or similar to the original colour.

In the original image post, I am seeing the pinky eye colour as you are describing. However, on the bebe Spiral a few posts down, I'm seeing peach, brown and earthy tones on the Primal eye border.

This might also be something to consider. Computer monitor, phone screens, and bluelight filters may also alter your perception. Colours are WHACK, yo!
d2RaM8m.gifIZQxqWG.gif