Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make BLEP a Tertiary gene OR APPAREL
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2022-01-23 12:45:20" ] [quote name="@Yinny" date="2022-01-23 04:39:33" ] YESSSS, it's a cute idea but how it's gonna work on mirror's who have their mouth open? I don't think the devs would do that even if they liked it since they can't add it to every dragon [/quote] This was covered in the suggestion, dragons with tongues out/exposed (coatl, mirror, bogsneak) get a color change on the existing tongue. See the coatl male example with the green tongue. [/quote] Then I really hope they make this a thing!
PersimmonBird wrote on 2022-01-23 12:45:20:
@Yinny wrote on 2022-01-23 04:39:33:
YESSSS, it's a cute idea but how it's gonna work on mirror's who have their mouth open? I don't think the devs would do that even if they liked it since they can't add it to every dragon

This was covered in the suggestion, dragons with tongues out/exposed (coatl, mirror, bogsneak) get a color change on the existing tongue. See the coatl male example with the green tongue.

Then I really hope they make this a thing!
UqN4jFQ.png
I see bleps every day when I look at my snakies irl..... However, I could always use more bleps, so I fully support this! [emoji=veilspun laughing size=2]
I see bleps every day when I look at my snakies irl.....

However, I could always use more bleps, so I fully support this!
wsC9LP4.jpg
I wish I could truly support this, but the linebreaking element is genuinely a concern on modern breeds because of how it interacts with apparel. That's why there's the "no apparel / yes linebreaking terts" tradeoff for ancients. (If only there could be the gene for coatls and mirrors only, but alas.)
That's one important thing that notably separates this proposal from past terts that have bent the rules on linebreaking: they're nevertheless streamlined with the dragon's body.
(Meanwhile, firefly and spines already exist as "subtle" terts with little to no coverage, for when even stained can't save you. It's inaccurate to claim that there are zero options for low-coverage terts.)

BUT!!! Before I get a bunch of pings from angry blep-lovers, I have a proposed compromise that preserves the TRUE important part of the gene:

Hear me out— PERMABABY-EXCLUSIVE GENE.

Permababies can't wear apparel anyway, so who cares about line-breaking part?
Of course, by this same logic, it could also be a gene for ancients, and I've got no issue with them getting bleps either. (Still... if only permababies could wield the power of the blep... I just think that would be kind of cute.)
I wish I could truly support this, but the linebreaking element is genuinely a concern on modern breeds because of how it interacts with apparel. That's why there's the "no apparel / yes linebreaking terts" tradeoff for ancients. (If only there could be the gene for coatls and mirrors only, but alas.)
That's one important thing that notably separates this proposal from past terts that have bent the rules on linebreaking: they're nevertheless streamlined with the dragon's body.
(Meanwhile, firefly and spines already exist as "subtle" terts with little to no coverage, for when even stained can't save you. It's inaccurate to claim that there are zero options for low-coverage terts.)

BUT!!! Before I get a bunch of pings from angry blep-lovers, I have a proposed compromise that preserves the TRUE important part of the gene:

Of course, by this same logic, it could also be a gene for ancients, and I've got no issue with them getting bleps either. (Still... if only permababies could wield the power of the blep... I just think that would be kind of cute.)
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
I need this omg
I need this omg
Kiulani_combined_pixelbanner_art_by_dreamingcity_1.png
Support but please don't make it a gem gene.
Support but please don't make it a gem gene.
86cgLtF.png
@Tuberose

I completely understand your points on line breaking. I feel blep would be an adorable perma-baby gene or even an ancient gene if not an apparel item. I personally love spines and think it can be a fun save. I want to love firefly but it can be so difficult to see depending on the dragons colors and/or genes.
@Tuberose

I completely understand your points on line breaking. I feel blep would be an adorable perma-baby gene or even an ancient gene if not an apparel item. I personally love spines and think it can be a fun save. I want to love firefly but it can be so difficult to see depending on the dragons colors and/or genes.
[quote name="Tuberose" date="2022-01-24 04:06:19" ] I wish I could truly support this, but the linebreaking element is genuinely a concern on modern breeds because of how it interacts with apparel. That's why there's the "no apparel / yes linebreaking terts" tradeoff for ancients. (If only there could be the gene for coatls and mirrors only, but alas.) That's one important thing that notably separates this proposal from past terts that have bent the rules on linebreaking: they're nevertheless streamlined with the dragon's body. (Meanwhile, firefly and spines already exist as "subtle" terts with little to no coverage, for when even stained can't save you. It's inaccurate to claim that there are zero options for low-coverage terts.) BUT!!! Before I get a bunch of pings from angry blep-lovers, I have a proposed compromise that preserves the TRUE important part of the gene: Hear me out— PERMABABY-EXCLUSIVE GENE. Permababies can't wear apparel anyway, so who cares about line-breaking part? Of course, by this same logic, it could also be a gene for ancients, and I've got no issue with them getting bleps either. (Still... if only permababies could wield the power of the blep... I just think that would be kind of cute.) [/quote] What happens if someone decide mature one of this hatch? In any case with spines and Firefly I think pleb is so minor line-braking that tottaly ok for all breeds.
Tuberose wrote on 2022-01-24 04:06:19:

What happens if someone decide mature one of this hatch?

In any case with spines and Firefly I think pleb is so minor line-braking that tottaly ok for all breeds.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
If this was made into apparel, that'd be a great item for april fools, maybe- like all the dragons on the site get Blep for the day, and afterwards it becomes a Marva item that can be occasionally picked up like past ones
If this was made into apparel, that'd be a great item for april fools, maybe- like all the dragons on the site get Blep for the day, and afterwards it becomes a Marva item that can be occasionally picked up like past ones
UJXttDL.png
[quote name="Tuberose" date="2022-01-24 04:06:19" ] I wish I could truly support this, but the linebreaking element is genuinely a concern on modern breeds because of how it interacts with apparel. That's why there's the "no apparel / yes linebreaking terts" tradeoff for ancients. (If only there could be the gene for coatls and mirrors only, but alas.) That's one important thing that notably separates this proposal from past terts that have bent the rules on linebreaking: they're nevertheless streamlined with the dragon's body. (Meanwhile, firefly and spines already exist as "subtle" terts with little to no coverage, for when even stained can't save you. It's inaccurate to claim that there are zero options for low-coverage terts.) [/quote] Honestly I just don't see it as that extremely linebreaking. Yes, Gembond and Spines are streamlined to the body, but I don't see how Firefly is. In my experience using Firefly, there are a lot more places that the fireflies can clip under apparel than the Blep could.

Honestly I just don't see it as that extremely linebreaking. Yes, Gembond and Spines are streamlined to the body, but I don't see how Firefly is. In my experience using Firefly, there are a lot more places that the fireflies can clip under apparel than the Blep could.
!! signature under construction !!
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-02-06 10:21:08" ] [quote name="Tuberose" date="2022-01-24 04:06:19" ] […] Hear me out— PERMABABY-EXCLUSIVE GENE. Permababies can't wear apparel anyway, so who cares about line-breaking part? Of course, by this same logic, it could also be a gene for ancients, and I've got no issue with them getting bleps either. (Still... if only permababies could wield the power of the blep... I just think that would be kind of cute.) [/quote] What happens if someone decide mature one of this hatch? In any case with spines and Firefly I think pleb is so minor line-braking that tottaly ok for all breeds. [/quote] In this case, presumably the gene would be removed, similar to how genes are reset to basic when changing to/from ancient breeds. As far as what should/should not be considered "minor" line-breaking, I guess this is just going to be one of those things that is really personal/subjective. For me, I feel it would be sufficiently troublesome with a lot of head apparel, but I totally understand how someone could disagree on that!
Alkhor wrote on 2022-02-06 10:21:08:
[…]

What happens if someone decide mature one of this hatch?

In any case with spines and Firefly I think pleb is so minor line-braking that tottaly ok for all breeds.

In this case, presumably the gene would be removed, similar to how genes are reset to basic when changing to/from ancient breeds.

As far as what should/should not be considered "minor" line-breaking, I guess this is just going to be one of those things that is really personal/subjective. For me, I feel it would be sufficiently troublesome with a lot of head apparel, but I totally understand how someone could disagree on that!
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36