Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggested Changes regarding Exaltations
1 2 3 4 5
No support. This would make exalting dragons more difficult and as a result drive dragon prices even lower as less and less dragons would leave the market while people would still continue breeding insane amount of dragons to flood the market.

Only way that implementing this would make sense is that they would reduce the breeding even more -add longer breeding cooldowns and/or reducing the maximum number off eggs. Or putting a limit on how many times you can breed your dragons.

Also, how is this relevant in the current economy (the thread IS an year old, I understand it was relevant back then but seeing how we have 400+ pages of lower than 6000 treasure costing dragons, this would kill the market once and for all) ? o__O
No support. This would make exalting dragons more difficult and as a result drive dragon prices even lower as less and less dragons would leave the market while people would still continue breeding insane amount of dragons to flood the market.

Only way that implementing this would make sense is that they would reduce the breeding even more -add longer breeding cooldowns and/or reducing the maximum number off eggs. Or putting a limit on how many times you can breed your dragons.

Also, how is this relevant in the current economy (the thread IS an year old, I understand it was relevant back then but seeing how we have 400+ pages of lower than 6000 treasure costing dragons, this would kill the market once and for all) ? o__O
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
[quote name="Pseudoscience" date="2014-07-06 02:34:30"]No support. This would make exalting dragons more difficult and as a result drive dragon prices even lower as less and less dragons would leave the market while people would still continue breeding insane amount of dragons to flood the market. Only way that implementing this would make sense is that they would reduce the breeding even more -add longer breeding cooldowns and/or reducing the maximum number off eggs. Or putting a limit on how many times you can breed your dragons. Also, how is this relevant in the current economy (the thread IS an year old, I understand it was relevant back then but seeing how we have 400+ pages of lower than 6000 treasure costing dragons, this would kill the market once and for all) ? o__O[/quote] Full heartily agreed.
Pseudoscience wrote on 2014-07-06 02:34:30:

Full heartily agreed.
HlyrCMY.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time flies when you're having rum me boys,
Time flies when you're having rum,
When you're sailing under the black flag
And you're firing all your guns
- Pirates for Sale
JsGepaO.png

xCFDZf6.png
[quote name="Pseudoscience" date="2014-07-06 02:34:30"]No support. This would make exalting dragons more difficult and as a result drive dragon prices even lower as less and less dragons would leave the market while people would still continue breeding insane amount of dragons to flood the market. Only way that implementing this would make sense is that they would reduce the breeding even more -add longer breeding cooldowns and/or reducing the maximum number off eggs. Or putting a limit on how many times you can breed your dragons. Also, how is this relevant in the current economy (the thread IS an year old, I understand it was relevant back then but seeing how we have 400+ pages of lower than 6000 treasure costing dragons, this would kill the market once and for all) ? o__O[/quote] This. I was honestly surprised at how many people were supporting considering how much this would wreck the economy until someone mentioned that an average starter dragon "goes for 15k to 20k" and I checked the date. Now? The dragon market is flooded, prices are rock bottom, the economy is a mess because supply so far outpaces demand - and you want to [i]limit[/i] the only sink we have?
Pseudoscience wrote on 2014-07-06 02:34:30:

This. I was honestly surprised at how many people were supporting considering how much this would wreck the economy until someone mentioned that an average starter dragon "goes for 15k to 20k" and I checked the date. Now? The dragon market is flooded, prices are rock bottom, the economy is a mess because supply so far outpaces demand - and you want to limit the only sink we have?
9cjDdGL.png
No support.

I don't exalt much since I'm picky about the dragons I pick up. I don't want the people who do care about dominance to suffer just because people like me don't exalt.
No support.

I don't exalt much since I'm picky about the dragons I pick up. I don't want the people who do care about dominance to suffer just because people like me don't exalt.
hu72dVR.png
Well, the topic might be a year old, but since it's been revived I must as well toss in my opinion for other people who will undoubtedly come for a look.

NO SUPPORT.

The main reason we have Exalting is to remove dragons from the site, and there are still WAY TOO MANY. Dragons are being sold for 3500 and 4000. If a limit like this was to be imposed, it would simply flood the market even more, causing prices to drop to horrendously ridiculous lows. And since we couldn't just mass-Exalt the droves of dragons clogging our lairs, we'd soon have our lairs maxed out and pretty much be unable to breed more dragons. That's...just not feasible. And you can't say "give the dragons away" because EVERYONE'S lairs would be full, and on top of that, why would anyone want someone else's dragons when they're trying to clear out their own lairs?

Exalting for profit would become non-existent. I CANNOT and WILL NOT support mangling one of the only ways of getting money left on this site. In fact, Exalting bonuses need to be INCREASED in order to make it more appealing to people to Exalt dragons instead of flooding the market with them.

Dom works by percentage of dragons Exalted per active Clan in each Flight. If you make it so everyone can only Exalt 5 dragons a day, the percent is still going to work the way it always has. This limit wouldn't make it more fair; it would essentially cause the percentage to be equal for Flights actively pushing, and that doesn't solve anything. In fact, it makes it LESS fair. If a Flight is willing to fight for Dom they're going to give it they're all. Dom pushes aren't casual and if Flight A is willing to put forth the work and effort of Exalting 500 dragons a day, they should get Dom as opposed to Flights who just want to Exalt 5 or 6 a day. And you can't use the "smaller Flights have less to work with" excuse because as I mentioned, it's percent of dragons Exalted per active Clan. Two Dragons Exalted from Light Flight might contribute 10 points towards Dom, while one dragon from Earth Flight would be worth the same amount. So Dom pushes are already balanced and don't require a limit like this.

And finally, if you don't want a dragon used as Exalt fodder, don't sell it at fodder price. While it's possible ANY dragon can be Exalted regardless of price, putting things below 15k makes them fair game to people who Exalt for profit. Most people price their dragons so low because they want to get rid of them one way or the other. Once a dragon leaves your lair (permanently, not in the sense of like joint nests or things like that), you have no say over what happens to it. At the risk of sounding rude, if you don't like it then simply don't sell them in the AH. Use the Sales and Wanted sections to find people who'll actually want and keep them. Don't have the patience to wait? Then accept the fact that the dragon market is so flooded right now that dragons really have no worth. Coatls are being sold for the same price as Commons and in some cases Plentifuls, or being Exalted outright. People are trying to give dragons away for basically nothing and having a hard time of it. The LAST thing we need is to have even MORE dragons clogging the site because they can't be removed.
Well, the topic might be a year old, but since it's been revived I must as well toss in my opinion for other people who will undoubtedly come for a look.

NO SUPPORT.

The main reason we have Exalting is to remove dragons from the site, and there are still WAY TOO MANY. Dragons are being sold for 3500 and 4000. If a limit like this was to be imposed, it would simply flood the market even more, causing prices to drop to horrendously ridiculous lows. And since we couldn't just mass-Exalt the droves of dragons clogging our lairs, we'd soon have our lairs maxed out and pretty much be unable to breed more dragons. That's...just not feasible. And you can't say "give the dragons away" because EVERYONE'S lairs would be full, and on top of that, why would anyone want someone else's dragons when they're trying to clear out their own lairs?

Exalting for profit would become non-existent. I CANNOT and WILL NOT support mangling one of the only ways of getting money left on this site. In fact, Exalting bonuses need to be INCREASED in order to make it more appealing to people to Exalt dragons instead of flooding the market with them.

Dom works by percentage of dragons Exalted per active Clan in each Flight. If you make it so everyone can only Exalt 5 dragons a day, the percent is still going to work the way it always has. This limit wouldn't make it more fair; it would essentially cause the percentage to be equal for Flights actively pushing, and that doesn't solve anything. In fact, it makes it LESS fair. If a Flight is willing to fight for Dom they're going to give it they're all. Dom pushes aren't casual and if Flight A is willing to put forth the work and effort of Exalting 500 dragons a day, they should get Dom as opposed to Flights who just want to Exalt 5 or 6 a day. And you can't use the "smaller Flights have less to work with" excuse because as I mentioned, it's percent of dragons Exalted per active Clan. Two Dragons Exalted from Light Flight might contribute 10 points towards Dom, while one dragon from Earth Flight would be worth the same amount. So Dom pushes are already balanced and don't require a limit like this.

And finally, if you don't want a dragon used as Exalt fodder, don't sell it at fodder price. While it's possible ANY dragon can be Exalted regardless of price, putting things below 15k makes them fair game to people who Exalt for profit. Most people price their dragons so low because they want to get rid of them one way or the other. Once a dragon leaves your lair (permanently, not in the sense of like joint nests or things like that), you have no say over what happens to it. At the risk of sounding rude, if you don't like it then simply don't sell them in the AH. Use the Sales and Wanted sections to find people who'll actually want and keep them. Don't have the patience to wait? Then accept the fact that the dragon market is so flooded right now that dragons really have no worth. Coatls are being sold for the same price as Commons and in some cases Plentifuls, or being Exalted outright. People are trying to give dragons away for basically nothing and having a hard time of it. The LAST thing we need is to have even MORE dragons clogging the site because they can't be removed.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
Seconding Elai. Exalting was something that the Admins intended for us to use, otherwise they would have never implemented it.
Seconding Elai. Exalting was something that the Admins intended for us to use, otherwise they would have never implemented it.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Thirding Elai, especially the last paragraph.
Thirding Elai, especially the last paragraph.
*slow claps for Elai*
*slow claps for Elai*
full.png full.png
First of all I love the idea of if users buy from the AH they have to level the dragon to lvl5 before they can exalt it, because this way they'll have to name the dragon before they can fight with it. I recently had someone pay 19,000 treasure for a stonewash/stonewash/ice (some blue-range shade) and exalt it straight away, Unnamed!!! I felt really annoyed because it wasn't like 5,000 exalt fodder, it was a pretty XXY (apparently sort-after) dragon, they would have got maybe 3,000 - 4,000 treasure for it, a loss of 15,000 treasure - I don't get that at all?? So that would sort that issue out. I also think its slightly 'begging' when we (not just Nature but all flights) make these raffles where we get the other flights to give us dragons for our dominance, sure we offer prizes and unlockables and things like that, but dominance states it is about [quote]a flight's dedication to exalting dragons.[/quote] So it is as if it is up to the flight to do it themselves, not get in dragons from other (rival included) flights. I personally wish that dominance would be flight-only done and not asking other flights to help. But my only issue would then be with the limit on exalting per day, if we were going for dominance we need to exalt a LOT of dragons. I RARELY buy dragons off the AH to exalt straight away - and when I do get them, I ALWAYS level and name them first, I go through the randomizer and pick nice-ish names. Lets say for example, the exalt limit was 10 a day, and I'd exalted my 10, and then seen I had a nest in need of hatching but not enough room to hatch them out unless I got rid of just one dragon (which would most likely be another hatchling of mine). That would be awkward and annoying, cause it would mean I couldn't open that nest until the following day and then the next dragons on it would be a day late. But that is my only issue with it.
First of all I love the idea of if users buy from the AH they have to level the dragon to lvl5 before they can exalt it, because this way they'll have to name the dragon before they can fight with it.

I recently had someone pay 19,000 treasure for a stonewash/stonewash/ice (some blue-range shade) and exalt it straight away, Unnamed!!! I felt really annoyed because it wasn't like 5,000 exalt fodder, it was a pretty XXY (apparently sort-after) dragon, they would have got maybe 3,000 - 4,000 treasure for it, a loss of 15,000 treasure - I don't get that at all??

So that would sort that issue out.

I also think its slightly 'begging' when we (not just Nature but all flights) make these raffles where we get the other flights to give us dragons for our dominance, sure we offer prizes and unlockables and things like that, but dominance states it is about
Quote:
a flight's dedication to exalting dragons.
So it is as if it is up to the flight to do it themselves, not get in dragons from other (rival included) flights.

I personally wish that dominance would be flight-only done and not asking other flights to help.

But my only issue would then be with the limit on exalting per day, if we were going for dominance we need to exalt a LOT of dragons.

I RARELY buy dragons off the AH to exalt straight away - and when I do get them, I ALWAYS level and name them first, I go through the randomizer and pick nice-ish names.

Lets say for example, the exalt limit was 10 a day, and I'd exalted my 10, and then seen I had a nest in need of hatching but not enough room to hatch them out unless I got rid of just one dragon (which would most likely be another hatchling of mine). That would be awkward and annoying, cause it would mean I couldn't open that nest until the following day and then the next dragons on it would be a day late.

But that is my only issue with it.
@Kazaera [quote]This. I was honestly surprised at how many people were supporting considering how much this would wreck the economy until someone mentioned that an average starter dragon "goes for 15k to 20k" and I checked the date.[/quote] o.o Oh whoops.... I didn't realise it was a year old, I thought it said 2nd July 2014 X3 Well personally I think my point still stands I agree to most of it except the exalt limit per day.
@Kazaera
Quote:
This. I was honestly surprised at how many people were supporting considering how much this would wreck the economy until someone mentioned that an average starter dragon "goes for 15k to 20k" and I checked the date.

o.o Oh whoops....

I didn't realise it was a year old, I thought it said 2nd July 2014 X3

Well personally I think my point still stands I agree to most of it except the exalt limit per day.
1 2 3 4 5