Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Suggested Changes regarding Exaltations
1 2 3 4 5
@Peixes I respect your opinion, but I believe the point of Nyght's suggestion is to emphasize teamwork. Even if a flight would work around their own limit by exhausting another flight member's limit, it takes organization and perhaps more importantly, interaction. Having flights being carried by individuals defeats the spirit of dominance and competition, and turns the competition into considering who has the most money rather than who has the most cooperative flight?
@Peixes I respect your opinion, but I believe the point of Nyght's suggestion is to emphasize teamwork. Even if a flight would work around their own limit by exhausting another flight member's limit, it takes organization and perhaps more importantly, interaction. Having flights being carried by individuals defeats the spirit of dominance and competition, and turns the competition into considering who has the most money rather than who has the most cooperative flight?
9b0PCpf.png
honestly i cant support the limit cause the dom would really be "PUNISHMENT" to the flight that has players that really don't/cant exult their daily limit .... and those that manage to hit their limits daily will just be tied.

but i can get behind the 24-48 hour bock (summoning sickness) to auction house and
maybe a 2-4hours hatching block .. (cause rp wise "i just fought my way outa my egg and i have to go where?" -its canon >> << )
honestly i cant support the limit cause the dom would really be "PUNISHMENT" to the flight that has players that really don&#039;t/cant exult their daily limit .... and those that manage to hit their limits daily will just be tied.

but i can get behind the 24-48 hour bock (summoning sickness) to auction house and
maybe a 2-4hours hatching block .. (cause rp wise "i just fought my way outa my egg and i have to go where?" -its canon >> << )
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
Consider this:

If the limit were set at 10 dragons per day per user, thats possibly 70 dragons from EVERY clan in a Flight. I sincerely doubt that most users in most flights have that many spare dragons they don&#039;t want to keep for breeding or selling.

I am not suggesting that people shouldn&#039;t still be allowed to sell or trade dragons between members to exalt, nor am I suggesting that flights should be prevented from pooling resources to accomplish a goal.

On the contrary, I would prefer to see the battle for dominance encourage and in fact nearly require cooperation between members of the flight that should be there.

What I do not want to see is the idea of one person buying their flight&#039;s dominance becoming a trend of how it should be done. That would turn FR into a "pay to win" site in ways that truly do not need to exist.
Consider this:

If the limit were set at 10 dragons per day per user, thats possibly 70 dragons from EVERY clan in a Flight. I sincerely doubt that most users in most flights have that many spare dragons they don&#039;t want to keep for breeding or selling.

I am not suggesting that people shouldn&#039;t still be allowed to sell or trade dragons between members to exalt, nor am I suggesting that flights should be prevented from pooling resources to accomplish a goal.

On the contrary, I would prefer to see the battle for dominance encourage and in fact nearly require cooperation between members of the flight that should be there.

What I do not want to see is the idea of one person buying their flight&#039;s dominance becoming a trend of how it should be done. That would turn FR into a "pay to win" site in ways that truly do not need to exist.
Gravemind meets Plaguebringer. All Hail the Green Flood-Plague!
vzNlDQJ.gifKjfBGiq.pngyjJhTxB.png
@Kauria @Macabre Like I said, I think the intention is noble, I was talking more about the second point. Anyone determined enough to spend gobs of money on dragons for exalting isn&#039;t going to be deterred by a 10-a-day limit, so you&#039;d have to put in other limitations and effectively micromanage the player base. Do you have any real reason to believe that the majority of users on this site do that kind of thing, enough to validate enforcing the rules that would be necessary to regulate exalting on everyone?

Also want to add, putting a restriction on how long after an auction you can exalt a dragon would just mean people buy them two days in advance.
@Kauria @Macabre Like I said, I think the intention is noble, I was talking more about the second point. Anyone determined enough to spend gobs of money on dragons for exalting isn&#039;t going to be deterred by a 10-a-day limit, so you&#039;d have to put in other limitations and effectively micromanage the player base. Do you have any real reason to believe that the majority of users on this site do that kind of thing, enough to validate enforcing the rules that would be necessary to regulate exalting on everyone?

Also want to add, putting a restriction on how long after an auction you can exalt a dragon would just mean people buy them two days in advance.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

Support! I personally agree with the 1st suggestion.
Support! I personally agree with the 1st suggestion.
XHxgasI.gif
I&#039;d like to suggest that you can only exalt dragons that match your flight&#039;s type.

Wind clans can only exalt wind dragons, light clans can only exalt light dragons etc. It makes sense in that.. why would the Lightbringer accept a plague dragon to fight for him?
I&#039;d like to suggest that you can only exalt dragons that match your flight&#039;s type.

Wind clans can only exalt wind dragons, light clans can only exalt light dragons etc. It makes sense in that.. why would the Lightbringer accept a plague dragon to fight for him?
I support the second, but the first... I don&#039;t see the point. If the dragon is being bought to be exalted, the buyer will just wait the two days and exalt it then. Two days is not going to discourage people in the slightest.
I support the second, but the first... I don&#039;t see the point. If the dragon is being bought to be exalted, the buyer will just wait the two days and exalt it then. Two days is not going to discourage people in the slightest.
There might be one issue with that and that&#039;s the fact that exaltation is there to keep the dragon population down :/ look at how much the dragon prices have fallen just over the last week - there are too many of them on the market, and I suspect a lot of the cheap, less-pretty ones are sold only because people know they can exalt them and gain benefit.

If there was a cap on exaltation, that would mean that people would have an even harder time selling fugly dragons even if they go cheap. It might even bring the dragon prices even more, as people become desperate to get rid of the hatchlings they can&#039;t sell OR exalt (provided of course they&#039;ve submitted the number of dragons they&#039;d be allowed to - and I don&#039;t doubt there will be cases like that once the dens grow really big).

I like the idea of making it more team-based. But I&#039;m not so certain this wouldn&#039;t have side effects...
There might be one issue with that and that&#039;s the fact that exaltation is there to keep the dragon population down :/ look at how much the dragon prices have fallen just over the last week - there are too many of them on the market, and I suspect a lot of the cheap, less-pretty ones are sold only because people know they can exalt them and gain benefit.

If there was a cap on exaltation, that would mean that people would have an even harder time selling fugly dragons even if they go cheap. It might even bring the dragon prices even more, as people become desperate to get rid of the hatchlings they can&#039;t sell OR exalt (provided of course they&#039;ve submitted the number of dragons they&#039;d be allowed to - and I don&#039;t doubt there will be cases like that once the dens grow really big).

I like the idea of making it more team-based. But I&#039;m not so certain this wouldn&#039;t have side effects...
In teams whilst everyone should ideally pull their own weight it doesn&#039;t mean they do. For every person who exalts ten dragons there&#039;s someone who exalts none, which in and of itself does create a balance. I think trying to limit people is utterly unnecessary when by its very nature there&#039;s already a balance in and of itself, even if it&#039;s not the one you were expecting. Just because one person exalts a great many dragon does not mean everyone else in the flight is doing anything, so really that flight could still lose.

If people want to exalt their dragons I think it&#039;s their right how many they exalt, and limiting something like that is fundamentally unfair.
In teams whilst everyone should ideally pull their own weight it doesn&#039;t mean they do. For every person who exalts ten dragons there&#039;s someone who exalts none, which in and of itself does create a balance. I think trying to limit people is utterly unnecessary when by its very nature there&#039;s already a balance in and of itself, even if it&#039;s not the one you were expecting. Just because one person exalts a great many dragon does not mean everyone else in the flight is doing anything, so really that flight could still lose.

If people want to exalt their dragons I think it&#039;s their right how many they exalt, and limiting something like that is fundamentally unfair.
NtZySX6.png
Don&#039;t support.

Maybe I missed something, but why is this an issue? As Finnley mentioned just above, exaltation is a mechanic to remove dragons from the supply pool. Good colors get bred, bad colors get exalted. That&#039;s good game design.

One would assume that multiple flights have some people with a lot of (real?) money to burn. And their gem purchases are important to the website&#039;s health, and to the people who want to trade treasure for gems.
Don&#039;t support.

Maybe I missed something, but why is this an issue? As Finnley mentioned just above, exaltation is a mechanic to remove dragons from the supply pool. Good colors get bred, bad colors get exalted. That&#039;s good game design.

One would assume that multiple flights have some people with a lot of (real?) money to burn. And their gem purchases are important to the website&#039;s health, and to the people who want to trade treasure for gems.
Wildclaw Fun Fact #21 - If you tie a bow around a wildclaw's neck, it might cause Christmas. Spontaneously.
1 2 3 4 5