Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lair Location and Description
I love imagining what the interior of my lair and what its location would be in the flight rising world. So I made this. Basically: -Give an image of the flight rising map with the [i]wanted[/i] location of your lair ( if you've used up your flight changes like me and are saving up to move or don't have enough slots to be in the location you want just put it wherever you want as long as its within region borders, use the marker things) -Give a description or drawing of your lair -Give a layout of your lair (drawing or description) -Chat about improvements -Extra things (where is your horde and vault, how many big rooms, separators between rooms, private rooms for dragons or all in one place, above or below ground, etc) -Have fun, if you're not having fun you will go to the fortress of ends (this is a joke) [emoji=arcane rune size=1] [emoji=earth rune size=1][emoji=fire rune size=1][emoji=ice rune size=1][emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=lightning rune size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1][emoji=plague rune size=1][emoji=shadow rune size=1][emoji=water rune size=1][emoji=wind rune size=1]
I love imagining what the interior of my lair and what its location would be in the flight rising world. So I made this.
Basically:
-Give an image of the flight rising map with the wanted location of your lair ( if you've used up your flight changes like me and are saving up to move or don't have enough slots to be in the location you want just put it wherever you want as long as its within region borders, use the marker things)
-Give a description or drawing of your lair
-Give a layout of your lair (drawing or description)
-Chat about improvements
-Extra things (where is your horde and vault, how many big rooms, separators between rooms, private rooms for dragons or all in one place, above or below ground, etc)
-Have fun, if you're not having fun you will go to the fortress of ends (this is a joke)

Heres mine, its in the nature flight and is nestled in a patch of rocks and trees, bunches of flowers grow right outside its entrance and it would have a crack in the big rock as an entrance. Inside is a beautiful cavern filled with plants and magic Light crystals which illuminate the space. Lots of doors (holes covered by leafs) mark the border and are filled with dragons, one opposite the entrance leads to the nursery and the nesting grounds. One door next to the entrance leads downward to a door with a runestone shaped hole in it, putting in an earth runestone would lead to the hoard and then further on is a waterfall flowing into a stream and another slot (More hidden this time, hiding beneath the waves of the stream) which you put a water rune into, this unblocks the waterfall (which is too turbulent and magically guarded enough so that for anything but a god to unblock the spell, which lets only the runestone unblock its turbulent water, would be impossible. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/696025523746242634/933811669526798457/unknown.png[/img]
Heres mine, its in the nature flight and is nestled in a patch of rocks and trees, bunches of flowers grow right outside its entrance and it would have a crack in the big rock as an entrance. Inside is a beautiful cavern filled with plants and magic Light crystals which illuminate the space. Lots of doors (holes covered by leafs) mark the border and are filled with dragons, one opposite the entrance leads to the nursery and the nesting grounds. One door next to the entrance leads downward to a door with a runestone shaped hole in it, putting in an earth runestone would lead to the hoard and then further on is a waterfall flowing into a stream and another slot (More hidden this time, hiding beneath the waves of the stream) which you put a water rune into, this unblocks the waterfall (which is too turbulent and magically guarded enough so that for anything but a god to unblock the spell, which lets only the runestone unblock its turbulent water, would be impossible.

unknown.png
I edited maps together for mine (open them in a new tab to see/read them better) Empire of Death/my main lore group: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/435c1c8d70ea931975853c9b3417589a/42f5444a9f4878d2-14/s2048x3072/86f64b8644a57e443ff4325a8124da0123b46409.jpg[/img] Frozen Heavens Kingdom/a newer lore group [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/0cf1f4173310071f7c601510028cc314/42f5444a9f4878d2-18/s2048x3072/f875270697f914d759b41dd5844b8e81db5ab9d6.jpg[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d96cc7a68ef28941758a1c2ca2946d31/1072b7a94867ee02-a3/s1280x1920/0604c91232eb96384cda726c809bd4888def1ab6.jpg[/img] They also have a new location in Arcane but I haven't fully figured out the territory outside of it being in the Atrolodome. There's also another new group in the Starwood Strand in the works.
I edited maps together for mine (open them in a new tab to see/read them better)

Empire of Death/my main lore group:

86f64b8644a57e443ff4325a8124da0123b46409.jpg

Frozen Heavens Kingdom/a newer lore group

f875270697f914d759b41dd5844b8e81db5ab9d6.jpg
0604c91232eb96384cda726c809bd4888def1ab6.jpg

They also have a new location in Arcane but I haven't fully figured out the territory outside of it being in the Atrolodome.
There's also another new group in the Starwood Strand in the works.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
I'm in Earth. When I started, your location was a function of your size. So as the lair grew, we moved. I imagined we tunneled, excavating new caverns that lead to each place. Now that we can choose, we are officially located in Greatwyrm's Breach, but really, our network of caverns burrow beneath the Shattered Plains, trespass among the tombs of Cairnstone Rest, delve into the secrets of Greatwyrm's Breach, and open on the sacred foundations of the Pillar of the World. Given that description, I hope you don't mind if I use illustrations of hoarded items and clan dragons. The Shattered Plains between those locations aren't visually interesting from the overhead view used by the map. You're likely to meet our Statue subspecies near one of the entrances. They include deceptively sleepy Mirrors, a protective Imperial, and a desperately frail Coatl. Her health may be feeble, but her eyes and mind are sharp, and she misses nothing. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41796886][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/417969/41796886_350.png[/img][/url] We collect various lamps, candles, and luminescent crystals that light the passages - but given the distance covered, the light is dim. Clan dragons either have eyes that are very good at light control, or mostly choose between the dark caverns or the desert sun. [item=Antique Oil Lamp][item=Sacridite][item=Enchanted Candle][item=Kunzite][item=Unicorn Dust] Several passages are lined with the weapons and armor of conquered coliseum foes. These treasures are on display - not hidden in the fighters' private quarters - as a boast and a warning. The clan dragons sleep on pelts of collected foes, harvested by the warriors. [item=Sharpened Scythe][item=Shining Gladiator's Helmet][item=Rusted Crown][item=Sparksylph Husk][item=Featherback Pelt] The clan's collected runestones, artifacts, mineral wealth, and treasure are stored more privately, as are items useful for barter or alchemy. Notably, as an Earth clan, many rocks and minerals are hoarded as treasure that might lack value to visitors. [item=Gold Ore][item=Charged Tungsten][item=Dolomite Geode][item=Stone Knife][item=Glittering Geode] The libraries are the domain of brothers Jacob and Wilhelm. The brothers are forever arguing whether history is best viewed with an aim to uncover objective fact, or whether the most important views are the subjective experiences of the participants. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37202395][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/372024/37202395_350.png[/img][/url] My Fossil, Cairnstone Skeleton, and Tomb Guardian subspecies "live" in Cairnstone Rest. The Canyon Wyrms dwell in Greatwyrm's Breach; also called the Sentinels of Bones, they can perform the proper rites to properly lay the remains of the dead to rest. The Memento Mori lineage members are most often found in those places, but travel where ever their skills are needed. [item=Canopic Jar][item=Haunted Stone Orb][item=Grave Dust][item=Enchanted Remains][item=Ancestral Incense] Water resources are particularly valuable in the desert. One impulsive burrower is a former Spiral, now a Ridgeback, who most certainly does NOT like bathing in geothermal springs no matter what slanderous rumors you've heard. He accidentally broke into caverns belonging to the Spring Water subspecies. Now the clan has reliable access to water, as long as Eventide isn't allowed anywhere near them ever again. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37156282][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/371563/37156282_350.png[/img][/url] The deepest lair belongs to Numair. The lair is barely lit, as a courtesy to visitors; he is completely blind. A glowing tendril lures in fish, which he hunts by the feel of currents against his filaments. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36650897][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/366509/36650897_350.png[/img][/url] And, of course, the Snappers are nomadic. They roam freely, but their membership in the clan gives them a safe place to store bulky items, and to stop for a rest periodically on their journeys. They can roam quite a distance within the caverns themselves, so they're always a good source for vital information or gossip between different parts of the caverns.
I'm in Earth. When I started, your location was a function of your size. So as the lair grew, we moved. I imagined we tunneled, excavating new caverns that lead to each place. Now that we can choose, we are officially located in Greatwyrm's Breach, but really, our network of caverns burrow beneath the Shattered Plains, trespass among the tombs of Cairnstone Rest, delve into the secrets of Greatwyrm's Breach, and open on the sacred foundations of the Pillar of the World.

Given that description, I hope you don't mind if I use illustrations of hoarded items and clan dragons. The Shattered Plains between those locations aren't visually interesting from the overhead view used by the map.

You're likely to meet our Statue subspecies near one of the entrances. They include deceptively sleepy Mirrors, a protective Imperial, and a desperately frail Coatl. Her health may be feeble, but her eyes and mind are sharp, and she misses nothing.
41796886_350.png

We collect various lamps, candles, and luminescent crystals that light the passages - but given the distance covered, the light is dim. Clan dragons either have eyes that are very good at light control, or mostly choose between the dark caverns or the desert sun.
Antique Oil Lamp Sacridite Enchanted Candle Kunzite Unicorn Dust

Several passages are lined with the weapons and armor of conquered coliseum foes. These treasures are on display - not hidden in the fighters' private quarters - as a boast and a warning. The clan dragons sleep on pelts of collected foes, harvested by the warriors.
Sharpened Scythe Shining Gladiator's Helmet Rusted Crown Sparksylph Husk Featherback Pelt

The clan's collected runestones, artifacts, mineral wealth, and treasure are stored more privately, as are items useful for barter or alchemy. Notably, as an Earth clan, many rocks and minerals are hoarded as treasure that might lack value to visitors.
Gold Ore Charged Tungsten Dolomite Geode Stone Knife Glittering Geode

The libraries are the domain of brothers Jacob and Wilhelm. The brothers are forever arguing whether history is best viewed with an aim to uncover objective fact, or whether the most important views are the subjective experiences of the participants.
37202395_350.png

My Fossil, Cairnstone Skeleton, and Tomb Guardian subspecies "live" in Cairnstone Rest. The Canyon Wyrms dwell in Greatwyrm's Breach; also called the Sentinels of Bones, they can perform the proper rites to properly lay the remains of the dead to rest. The Memento Mori lineage members are most often found in those places, but travel where ever their skills are needed.
Canopic Jar Haunted Stone Orb Grave Dust Enchanted Remains Ancestral Incense

Water resources are particularly valuable in the desert. One impulsive burrower is a former Spiral, now a Ridgeback, who most certainly does NOT like bathing in geothermal springs no matter what slanderous rumors you've heard. He accidentally broke into caverns belonging to the Spring Water subspecies. Now the clan has reliable access to water, as long as Eventide isn't allowed anywhere near them ever again.
37156282_350.png

The deepest lair belongs to Numair. The lair is barely lit, as a courtesy to visitors; he is completely blind. A glowing tendril lures in fish, which he hunts by the feel of currents against his filaments. 36650897_350.png

And, of course, the Snappers are nomadic. They roam freely, but their membership in the clan gives them a safe place to store bulky items, and to stop for a rest periodically on their journeys. They can roam quite a distance within the caverns themselves, so they're always a good source for vital information or gossip between different parts of the caverns.
cDDSaqc.png
[center] I spent a lot of time fleshing out the world and trying to tie it all back to my lore. (: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65652258][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/656523/65652258_350.png[/img][/url] Her bio contains 32 unique places and descriptions, along with links to those who are relevant to each section.
I spent a lot of time fleshing out the world and trying to tie it all back to my lore. (:

65652258_350.png

Her bio contains 32 unique places and descriptions, along with links to those who are relevant to each section.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.