Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Conflicted, but happy
1 2 3
Very happy that this issue was addressed so quickly by staff, and that we were given a poll!

I am conflicted though that the consequences of reverting Obelisks mean that other breeds will be changed like Obelisks just were. :( I know most breeds don't have as large if a mane so maybe it won't be as noticable but idk ...

I wish it was okay that sometimes breeds just have differences like this, especially if it's caused by a mistake. I don't want others to feel the same upset I did when my Obelisks were changed.

I do feel like that Flair on some non Obelisk dragons could use more sparkles on their mane bits, or have the same gradient as Obelisks but mmmmm

Not upset though! I am super happy with staff's general response to the community and getting a poll was a happy surprise. This is a good feeling step hopefully for the future of communication about this stuff
Very happy that this issue was addressed so quickly by staff, and that we were given a poll!

I am conflicted though that the consequences of reverting Obelisks mean that other breeds will be changed like Obelisks just were. :( I know most breeds don't have as large if a mane so maybe it won't be as noticable but idk ...

I wish it was okay that sometimes breeds just have differences like this, especially if it's caused by a mistake. I don't want others to feel the same upset I did when my Obelisks were changed.

I do feel like that Flair on some non Obelisk dragons could use more sparkles on their mane bits, or have the same gradient as Obelisks but mmmmm

Not upset though! I am super happy with staff's general response to the community and getting a poll was a happy surprise. This is a good feeling step hopefully for the future of communication about this stuff
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
I feel like neither option works. They need to revert obes to the "incorrect" version and leave the others the way they are. They ruined my obe, but I don't want them to ruin everyone else's dragons to fix my obe.

I felt like I had to vote for the second option because I spent so much making Mina, but I'm upset that that vote will mess up Marius.
I feel like neither option works. They need to revert obes to the "incorrect" version and leave the others the way they are. They ruined my obe, but I don't want them to ruin everyone else's dragons to fix my obe.

I felt like I had to vote for the second option because I spent so much making Mina, but I'm upset that that vote will mess up Marius.
Yeah, I also wish that they were less concerned with consistency, I personally think that it would be alright if obelisk were just different than the other breeds, that way everybody would be happy.

That said, I voted for all manes to go like obelisk manes originally were. Obelisks have the biggest manes and it's much more obvious on them than on other breeds. (And selfishly, voting for myself, I don't have any other dragons with manes that would be messed up)
Yeah, I also wish that they were less concerned with consistency, I personally think that it would be alright if obelisk were just different than the other breeds, that way everybody would be happy.

That said, I voted for all manes to go like obelisk manes originally were. Obelisks have the biggest manes and it's much more obvious on them than on other breeds. (And selfishly, voting for myself, I don't have any other dragons with manes that would be messed up)

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
Same here. I'm glad they're making a strong effort to fix the change, but like I feel that they're are better options than to keep the change, or change everything.

It's a no win situation for everyone, no matter what, some players will be upset, and if the poll goes towards reverting it, then the staff have more work.
Same here. I'm glad they're making a strong effort to fix the change, but like I feel that they're are better options than to keep the change, or change everything.

It's a no win situation for everyone, no matter what, some players will be upset, and if the poll goes towards reverting it, then the staff have more work.
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
I’m happy it’s a vote so everyone gets their say so nobody is left bitter after a decision is made. stops stuff like the eye drama
I’m happy it’s a vote so everyone gets their say so nobody is left bitter after a decision is made. stops stuff like the eye drama
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
I'm also very conflicted.
I'm very happy we get a choice but I'm unhappy there is no way to simply reverse the Obelisk choice, after all there are inconsistencies in other genes like Butterfly and it was left as is, so it should be possible for Obelisk.
Obelisks have huge manes so the change is more glaring on them. So I feel like we should use the Obelisk old color in order to have a harmonious and nice mane, even if it changes other breeds. However I understand some of the changes on the other breeds will be terrible for some users, just as they were terribles for those with Obelisks.
No matter the decision someone loses, it's annoying. I'm not super impacted personnally because I have, so far, very little dragons with Flair and they aren't too impacted by the changes. But I love how this gene looked on Obelisks. I'm also rather curious as to how it would look on some breeds, particulalry Tundras (who so far have a rather bland mane), and also I love the sparkles.
I'm probably going to vote for the old Obelisk colors option, but it will be with apprehension.
I'm also very conflicted.
I'm very happy we get a choice but I'm unhappy there is no way to simply reverse the Obelisk choice, after all there are inconsistencies in other genes like Butterfly and it was left as is, so it should be possible for Obelisk.
Obelisks have huge manes so the change is more glaring on them. So I feel like we should use the Obelisk old color in order to have a harmonious and nice mane, even if it changes other breeds. However I understand some of the changes on the other breeds will be terrible for some users, just as they were terribles for those with Obelisks.
No matter the decision someone loses, it's annoying. I'm not super impacted personnally because I have, so far, very little dragons with Flair and they aren't too impacted by the changes. But I love how this gene looked on Obelisks. I'm also rather curious as to how it would look on some breeds, particulalry Tundras (who so far have a rather bland mane), and also I love the sparkles.
I'm probably going to vote for the old Obelisk colors option, but it will be with apprehension.
eUMhm7B.png
I don't see why staff won't revert just the obelisks? It's less work and it will make the playerbase forget all of this quicker.

There are already "inconsistency" between the breeds, I don't see why the obelisks can't have a different gradient to their manes? They have a lot more mane so it makes sense that secondary genes would look a little different.

I voted for the 2nd option because I think flair would look better with the more obvious sparkles in the mane, but I'm not really happy about how this may change other users' dragons to be something they no longer like. I really hate how these options "pit" the non Obe flair users vs. the Obe flair users.
I don't see why staff won't revert just the obelisks? It's less work and it will make the playerbase forget all of this quicker.

There are already "inconsistency" between the breeds, I don't see why the obelisks can't have a different gradient to their manes? They have a lot more mane so it makes sense that secondary genes would look a little different.

I voted for the 2nd option because I think flair would look better with the more obvious sparkles in the mane, but I'm not really happy about how this may change other users' dragons to be something they no longer like. I really hate how these options "pit" the non Obe flair users vs. the Obe flair users.
WEtoEVH.png
I agree, while I wish we could have just the obelisk manes change I understand why the devs want consistency. I'm also tentatively excited about the possibility of having the obe mane colors on other breeds like tundras. Imagining those gradients and sparkles on a tundra mane definitely makes me hopeful that if the second choice wins, and the obes are reverted and all the other breeds see change, they get more depth to their manes. Could be really pretty, but also scary, since there really is no 100% winning/everyone's happy in this case.
I agree, while I wish we could have just the obelisk manes change I understand why the devs want consistency. I'm also tentatively excited about the possibility of having the obe mane colors on other breeds like tundras. Imagining those gradients and sparkles on a tundra mane definitely makes me hopeful that if the second choice wins, and the obes are reverted and all the other breeds see change, they get more depth to their manes. Could be really pretty, but also scary, since there really is no 100% winning/everyone's happy in this case.
JflGBHo.png
[quote name="Vampirate" date="2021-12-28 14:34:54" ] I’m happy it’s a vote so everyone gets their say so nobody is left bitter after a decision is made. stops stuff like the eye drama [/quote] Many will probably say that the poll options were unclear and they voted before they understood the full implications.
Vampirate wrote on 2021-12-28 14:34:54:
Many will probably say that the poll options were unclear and they voted before they understood the full implications.
VGxuHXT.png
I’m conflicted as well. I don’t see why they just revert the Obelisks and leave every other dragon alone?? I’m happy we’re at least given a vote though (even though I might not be happy with the results)
I’m conflicted as well. I don’t see why they just revert the Obelisks and leave every other dragon alone?? I’m happy we’re at least given a vote though (even though I might not be happy with the results)
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
1 2 3