Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Refreshing the homepage every 5 minutes
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
I've been thinking on what other users have been saying about the new breed possibly being obtained via the coli. It'd make some sense to maybe squish NOTN and the new breed together if that were the case.

I still think the breed could release soon, but maybe it won't.
I've been thinking on what other users have been saying about the new breed possibly being obtained via the coli. It'd make some sense to maybe squish NOTN and the new breed together if that were the case.

I still think the breed could release soon, but maybe it won't.
WEtoEVH.png
Wait what, new breed?

I thought one of the mods said that the new breed wasn't that ready to be released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's released sometime in early 2022.
Wait what, new breed?

I thought one of the mods said that the new breed wasn't that ready to be released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's released sometime in early 2022.
i doubt it's gonna get released this year at this point, but i hope it will be! staff hasnt shot down all our theories like they do when we're conspiracy theorizing about maintenance, so that gives me some hope!
i doubt it's gonna get released this year at this point, but i hope it will be! staff hasnt shot down all our theories like they do when we're conspiracy theorizing about maintenance, so that gives me some hope!
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

Honestly I'm pretty sure we won't be getting it this year. The original post only said it was "on the horizon" along with new features and we really haven't gotten either (assuming the latter was Arlo). Notn starts *this* Sunday and we haven't gotten any of the lead up hints the other ancients got and this would be an incredibly awkward time to shove them in imo. I kinda always assumed we wouldn't be getting a new breed this year, the ancient announcement was almost right after obelisks and that's a lot of content at once. I'd rather the ancient get it's proper time to shine rather than 4 days before notn hits (especially if it's plague's ancient). I highly doubt it's going to be a notn release though, that's already taken by shadow technically and we got veils.

Edit: My initial thought for the notn release was it would be another exclusive, but if it's just a coli breed that'll stick around after that has a bit more of a chance imo. Buuuuuut I still doubt it because notn is an absolutely massive event with tons of content already. We get at least 5 or so new apparel sets and familiars every year and we know staff is already busy with notn specifically because (from the same post as the ancient) of all the reworks and updates they want to try and add. That's a lot of stuff to suddenly throw a brand new, unrelated breed into, a huge new feature that will come with it's own set of glitches and problems that will need watching. I just don't see it happening in a way that's great for staff.
Honestly I'm pretty sure we won't be getting it this year. The original post only said it was "on the horizon" along with new features and we really haven't gotten either (assuming the latter was Arlo). Notn starts *this* Sunday and we haven't gotten any of the lead up hints the other ancients got and this would be an incredibly awkward time to shove them in imo. I kinda always assumed we wouldn't be getting a new breed this year, the ancient announcement was almost right after obelisks and that's a lot of content at once. I'd rather the ancient get it's proper time to shine rather than 4 days before notn hits (especially if it's plague's ancient). I highly doubt it's going to be a notn release though, that's already taken by shadow technically and we got veils.

Edit: My initial thought for the notn release was it would be another exclusive, but if it's just a coli breed that'll stick around after that has a bit more of a chance imo. Buuuuuut I still doubt it because notn is an absolutely massive event with tons of content already. We get at least 5 or so new apparel sets and familiars every year and we know staff is already busy with notn specifically because (from the same post as the ancient) of all the reworks and updates they want to try and add. That's a lot of stuff to suddenly throw a brand new, unrelated breed into, a huge new feature that will come with it's own set of glitches and problems that will need watching. I just don't see it happening in a way that's great for staff.
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
I would be surprised if its released this year. However, I am refreshing home page for Arlo tho~
I would be surprised if its released this year. However, I am refreshing home page for Arlo tho~
WDPGGWi.png
I expect it to drop within the next few days before notn. We'll probably get some sorta teaser thing tomorrow at 9:00 server time.and then the day after will be the ancient.

An ancient tied to a limited time event or coli is gonna be even slower to grow than veilspuns were due to the vast majority of players not being the type to get 50+ eggs during notn or play coli a lot, so I doubt the devs will do that. Probably a treasure breed where we get a breed change scroll or egg.
I expect it to drop within the next few days before notn. We'll probably get some sorta teaser thing tomorrow at 9:00 server time.and then the day after will be the ancient.

An ancient tied to a limited time event or coli is gonna be even slower to grow than veilspuns were due to the vast majority of players not being the type to get 50+ eggs during notn or play coli a lot, so I doubt the devs will do that. Probably a treasure breed where we get a breed change scroll or egg.
lots of people saying that they don't think it'll even be this year but staff explicitly said that it was planned for this year? https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3042688 [quote]New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon [b]for this year[/b][/quote] if they were pushing it back then i truly believe they would have said so by this point. they know how excited we are and they don't like to let us down - i know aequorin has had to say a few times now that maintenance was just maintenance. so if the release has really been pushed back, i'd be shocked that they haven't said anything yet.
lots of people saying that they don't think it'll even be this year but staff explicitly said that it was planned for this year?

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3042688
Quote:
New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon for this year

if they were pushing it back then i truly believe they would have said so by this point. they know how excited we are and they don't like to let us down - i know aequorin has had to say a few times now that maintenance was just maintenance. so if the release has really been pushed back, i'd be shocked that they haven't said anything yet.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2021-12-14 18:37:55" ] lots of people saying that they don't think it'll even be this year but staff explicitly said that it was planned for this year? https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3042688 [quote]New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon [b]for this year[/b][/quote] if they were pushing it back then i truly believe they would have said so by this point. they know how excited we are and they don't like to let us down - i know aequorin has had to say a few times now that maintenance was just maintenance. so if the release has really been pushed back, i'd be shocked that they haven't said anything yet. [/quote] yeah, this! lots of y'all out here saying you'd be shocked if it was released this year, whereas i'd be shocked if it wasn't. the devs are great making sure to pop pointless hype bubbles, and we haven't heard a peep from this latest one. plus, there is a precedent for a breed release right before notn what with banes. i'll be happy either way, we've been waiting for a bit for these new fellows and can afford to wait a bit longer, but.. yeah. i don't really see why there's suddenly this wave of doubt? i am fully expecting either a thursday release, or an announcement of delay before then.
Kuroikumo wrote on 2021-12-14 18:37:55:
lots of people saying that they don't think it'll even be this year but staff explicitly said that it was planned for this year?

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3042688
Quote:
New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon for this year

if they were pushing it back then i truly believe they would have said so by this point. they know how excited we are and they don't like to let us down - i know aequorin has had to say a few times now that maintenance was just maintenance. so if the release has really been pushed back, i'd be shocked that they haven't said anything yet.

yeah, this! lots of y'all out here saying you'd be shocked if it was released this year, whereas i'd be shocked if it wasn't. the devs are great making sure to pop pointless hype bubbles, and we haven't heard a peep from this latest one. plus, there is a precedent for a breed release right before notn what with banes.

i'll be happy either way, we've been waiting for a bit for these new fellows and can afford to wait a bit longer, but.. yeah. i don't really see why there's suddenly this wave of doubt? i am fully expecting either a thursday release, or an announcement of delay before then.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
although i’m almost certain they would’ve stopped this hype train already, i’m refraining from getting too excited. we’ll see, as they’ll have to speak up tomorrow or at some point in regards to what’s happening.
although i’m almost certain they would’ve stopped this hype train already, i’m refraining from getting too excited. we’ll see, as they’ll have to speak up tomorrow or at some point in regards to what’s happening.
8T3KoaZ.gif
Normopathy
Caelum | He/They | 21 | Transmasc | Pansexual | Taken
yL97jNW.gif
[center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/YcIYHfVbW4hR6/giphy.gif[/img][/center] But seriously, more information is on the way [i](and soon!)[/i] on the status of two projects we shared with you earlier this year. In the meantime, drink some water, get some sleep, and get ready for this Sunday and [I]Night of the Nocturne![/I] [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [emoji=nocturne love size=1]
giphy.gif

But seriously, more information is on the way (and soon!) on the status of two projects we shared with you earlier this year. In the meantime, drink some water, get some sleep, and get ready for this Sunday and Night of the Nocturne!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12