Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Weird Security Alert Thing?
1 2
Hi, so I have Avast Antivirus as my computer's antivirus software, and recently (like in the past week) it's been going bananas with this notification on every single page - and it's never done that before. I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, but I would really appreciate if someone could help explain why this happens because, uh, it's a little concerning and if there's actually malicious software floating around the staff might want to look into it. [center][img]https://imgur.com/VEy8Tx5.png[/img] Update: 12/10/2021 Went around every variation of the pages I could find, and can confirm that they're popping up on every page, www or www1 (hence the 17 alerts). I hit "show details" on the antivirus to just double check the details. [img]https://imgur.com/4KmNZBL.png[/img] Update: 12/10/2021 - they're working on it! Thank you staff ^^[/center] [quote name="Mutron" date="2021-12-10 10:11:45" ] [color=red]Hello all, After looking into this and speaking to our advertising partner, we believe the alerts about this URL are false positives. That is, the URL is not truly malicious but AVG and Avast are now reporting it as such. It is however an advertising-related script. The reasoning behind that statement is that we know the script is part of our advertising partner's standard advertising stack and has been since at least early March 2020. We have records of this because it turned out to be unintentionally interfering with the functioning of certain buttons on the site around that time period, and we had to work through it with them. We are double checking with them what we can share about the specific function of this script. In the mean time, however, we recognize that these pop-ups are both worrisome and confusing. We are communicating with our ads partner about the issue. [/quote]
Hi, so I have Avast Antivirus as my computer's antivirus software, and recently (like in the past week) it's been going bananas with this notification on every single page - and it's never done that before. I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, but I would really appreciate if someone could help explain why this happens because, uh, it's a little concerning and if there's actually malicious software floating around the staff might want to look into it.
VEy8Tx5.png

Update: 12/10/2021 Went around every variation of the pages I could find, and can confirm that they're popping up on every page, www or www1 (hence the 17 alerts). I hit "show details" on the antivirus to just double check the details.

4KmNZBL.png

Update: 12/10/2021 - they're working on it! Thank you staff ^^
Mutron wrote on 2021-12-10 10:11:45:
Hello all,

After looking into this and speaking to our advertising partner, we believe the alerts about this URL are false positives. That is, the URL is not truly malicious but AVG and Avast are now reporting it as such. It is however an advertising-related script.

The reasoning behind that statement is that we know the script is part of our advertising partner's standard advertising stack and has been since at least early March 2020. We have records of this because it turned out to be unintentionally interfering with the functioning of certain buttons on the site around that time period, and we had to work through it with them. We are double checking with them what we can share about the specific function of this script.

In the mean time, however, we recognize that these pop-ups are both worrisome and confusing. We are communicating with our ads partner about the issue.
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
Yeah i've been getting this too when i click on the fr logo, its kind of freaking me out a tad EDIT: Just got it again from clicking back into this forum thread [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/861099906852847678/918765648543367178/unknown.png[/img]
Yeah i've been getting this too when i click on the fr logo, its kind of freaking me out a tad

EDIT:

Just got it again from clicking back into this forum thread
unknown.png
hRdwFwp.png spook.png Untitled1093_20210713014652.png S8eRrP9.png
I've also been getting a similar report on FR pages alone from the same software. It's not every time I click through but it is most. It's the exact same "d1oykxszdrgjgl.cloudfront.net" but reporting it as "infected with URL:Blacklist" (FWIW i don't make use of any blacklisting functions within my antivirus and FR is whitelisted in all my browser add-ons)
I've also been getting a similar report on FR pages alone from the same software. It's not every time I click through but it is most. It's the exact same "d1oykxszdrgjgl.cloudfront.net" but reporting it as "infected with URL:Blacklist" (FWIW i don't make use of any blacklisting functions within my antivirus and FR is whitelisted in all my browser add-ons)
I also got this alert as well today when i entered on FR's home page and i thought it's only one alert but now i'm a little concerned that it pops out on almost every page. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TQfZJPw.png[/img] I also whitelisted FR and use it without ad-block but after receiving these alerts i activated the ad-block to see if they stop or not but they continued to show up. And i don't know if this will be useful or not but before these alerts started to show up i also got this notification (i remember when this also was a problem for appearing on every page without an ad-block and sometimes they still appear) and i clicked "agree" and these alerts from the antivirus started. Maybe they are connected somehow? or maybe it's only a coincidence. [img]https://i.imgur.com/T6m0dlP.png[/img]
I also got this alert as well today when i entered on FR's home page and i thought it's only one alert but now i'm a little concerned that it pops out on almost every page.

TQfZJPw.png

I also whitelisted FR and use it without ad-block but after receiving these alerts i activated the ad-block to see if they stop or not but they continued to show up.

And i don't know if this will be useful or not but before these alerts started to show up i also got this notification (i remember when this also was a problem for appearing on every page without an ad-block and sometimes they still appear) and i clicked "agree" and these alerts from the antivirus started. Maybe they are connected somehow? or maybe it's only a coincidence.

T6m0dlP.png
I looked for this thread purely because I have already gotten my avast antivirus going off three times today for alerting to the same cloudfront as the ones above.

I didn't screen shot it sadly, as had multiple tabs open at the time and it wasn't until the last that I worked out it seems to be triggering from FR.

EDIT: I use google chrome if that is important?
I looked for this thread purely because I have already gotten my avast antivirus going off three times today for alerting to the same cloudfront as the ones above.

I didn't screen shot it sadly, as had multiple tabs open at the time and it wasn't until the last that I worked out it seems to be triggering from FR.

EDIT: I use google chrome if that is important?
7zcCDc4.png
[quote name="ShadowRohart" date="2021-12-10 01:35:57" ] I also got this alert as well today when i entered on FR's home page and i thought it's only one alert but now i'm a little concerned that it pops out on almost every page. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TQfZJPw.png[/img] I also whitelisted FR and use it without ad-block but after receiving these alerts i activated the ad-block to see if they stop or not but they continued to show up. And i don't know if this will be useful or not but before these alerts started to show up i also got this notification (i remember when this also was a problem for appearing on every page without an ad-block and sometimes they still appear) and i clicked "agree" and these alerts from the antivirus started. Maybe they are connected somehow? or maybe it's only a coincidence. [img]https://i.imgur.com/T6m0dlP.png[/img] [/quote] Yeah, FR is also the only website that I've whitelisted. I did the same thing with my adblock, and it doesn't seem to be adblock that's causing the issues. I don't remember having that notification banner, but I do remember to agreeing to the general "fr uses cookies for this website to improve experience, etc." a long time ago. However, I haven't had an issue with my antivirus until now. EDIT: I also just wonder, does it have to do with the browser we're using? I'm using Google Chrome and I don't know if that's part of the issue.
ShadowRohart wrote on 2021-12-10 01:35:57:
I also got this alert as well today when i entered on FR's home page and i thought it's only one alert but now i'm a little concerned that it pops out on almost every page.

TQfZJPw.png

I also whitelisted FR and use it without ad-block but after receiving these alerts i activated the ad-block to see if they stop or not but they continued to show up.

And i don't know if this will be useful or not but before these alerts started to show up i also got this notification (i remember when this also was a problem for appearing on every page without an ad-block and sometimes they still appear) and i clicked "agree" and these alerts from the antivirus started. Maybe they are connected somehow? or maybe it's only a coincidence.

T6m0dlP.png

Yeah, FR is also the only website that I've whitelisted. I did the same thing with my adblock, and it doesn't seem to be adblock that's causing the issues.

I don't remember having that notification banner, but I do remember to agreeing to the general "fr uses cookies for this website to improve experience, etc." a long time ago. However, I haven't had an issue with my antivirus until now.

EDIT: I also just wonder, does it have to do with the browser we're using? I'm using Google Chrome and I don't know if that's part of the issue.
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
today i started getting this alert every few pages and got one on this thread actually lol [img]https://i.imgur.com/EIo8r36.png[/img] ive been using FR without adblock for some time and this is the first time something like this happened . no idea if this is an ad or something else causing it though
today i started getting this alert every few pages and got one on this thread actually lol EIo8r36.png
ive been using FR without adblock for some time and this is the first time something like this happened . no idea if this is an ad or something else causing it though
LzVje6j.gif zekrom.gif
Ezekiel | He/Him
reshiram.gif
[quote name="MythicalViper" date="2021-12-10 06:25:47" ] [quote name="ShadowRohart" date="2021-12-10 01:35:57" ] I also got this alert as well today when i entered on FR's home page and i thought it's only one alert but now i'm a little concerned that it pops out on almost every page. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TQfZJPw.png[/img] I also whitelisted FR and use it without ad-block but after receiving these alerts i activated the ad-block to see if they stop or not but they continued to show up. And i don't know if this will be useful or not but before these alerts started to show up i also got this notification (i remember when this also was a problem for appearing on every page without an ad-block and sometimes they still appear) and i clicked "agree" and these alerts from the antivirus started. Maybe they are connected somehow? or maybe it's only a coincidence. [img]https://i.imgur.com/T6m0dlP.png[/img] [/quote] Yeah, FR is also the only website that I've whitelisted. I did the same thing with my adblock, and it doesn't seem to be adblock that's causing the issues. I don't remember having that notification banner, but I do remember to agreeing to the general "fr uses cookies for this website to improve experience, etc." a long time ago. However, I haven't had an issue with my antivirus until now. EDIT: I also just wonder, does it have to do with the browser we're using? I'm using Google Chrome and I don't know if that's part of the issue. [/quote] Nope. I am getting the same thing using Firefox. Cloudfront is FR's ad server. There's something wonky going on there. I suspect that something from Cloudfront is either compromised, or is running a script that our antivirus programs don't like.
MythicalViper wrote on 2021-12-10 06:25:47:
ShadowRohart wrote on 2021-12-10 01:35:57:

TQfZJPw.png

T6m0dlP.png

Yeah, FR is also the only website that I've whitelisted. I did the same thing with my adblock, and it doesn't seem to be adblock that's causing the issues.

I don't remember having that notification banner, but I do remember to agreeing to the general "fr uses cookies for this website to improve experience, etc." a long time ago. However, I haven't had an issue with my antivirus until now.

EDIT: I also just wonder, does it have to do with the browser we're using? I'm using Google Chrome and I don't know if that's part of the issue.

Nope. I am getting the same thing using Firefox. Cloudfront is FR's ad server. There's something wonky going on there. I suspect that something from Cloudfront is either compromised, or is running a script that our antivirus programs don't like.
mlKJpl9.pngLsiBzZP.png
[quote name="MythicalViper" date="2021-12-10 06:25:47" ] EDIT: I also just wonder, does it have to do with the browser we're using? I'm using Google Chrome and I don't know if that's part of the issue. [/quote] I use firefox and this is happening to me too.
MythicalViper wrote on 2021-12-10 06:25:47:
I use firefox and this is happening to me too.
6zNcd7H.pngBazwLZ8.png6zNcd7H.pngtWH342p.png5gGbdPu.pngtWH342p.png
Hello all,

After looking into this and speaking to our advertising partner, we believe the alerts about this URL are false positives. That is, the URL is not truly malicious but AVG and Avast are now reporting it as such. It is however an advertising-related script.

The reasoning behind that statement is that we know the script is part of our advertising partner's standard advertising stack and has been since at least early March 2020. We have records of this because it turned out to be unintentionally interfering with the functioning of certain buttons on the site around that time period, and we had to work through it with them. We are double checking with them what we can share about the specific function of this script.

In the mean time, however, we recognize that these pop-ups are both worrisome and confusing. We are communicating with our ads partner about the issue.
Hello all,

Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
1 2