Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Music Would each Flight Listen to?
1 2 3
I'm from earth and I love rock. Classic rock, alternative rock, you name it! What can I say, it rocks!
I'm from earth and I love rock. Classic rock, alternative rock, you name it! What can I say, it rocks!
eG6Zatg.png
Okay but consider: Plague definitely has bagpipes.
I know what you're thinking, "Hey Michael that's a big bag of wind and pipes that should be a Wind instrument-" and you'd be wrong because while yes it is an artsy cultural instrument, it is ALSO an intimidating instrument of war. They used to send a piper out onto the battlefields with the Scottish regiments and armies (you can find some famous examples from WW1 just off the top of my head), and I have no doubts it has further historical usage like that. So it's a very very loud war instrument- and that is definitely Plague's jam. Plus you gotta have good lungs to play that thing, shows you're strong.
I know what you're thinking, "Hey Michael that's a big bag of wind and pipes that should be a Wind instrument-" and you'd be wrong because while yes it is an artsy cultural instrument, it is ALSO an intimidating instrument of war. They used to send a piper out onto the battlefields with the Scottish regiments and armies (you can find some famous examples from WW1 just off the top of my head), and I have no doubts it has further historical usage like that. So it's a very very loud war instrument- and that is definitely Plague's jam. Plus you gotta have good lungs to play that thing, shows you're strong.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-11-22 23:00:24" ] Okay but consider: Plague definitely has bagpipes. [/quote] I see it. I see the flesh bag with bony pipes sticking out.
Recallback wrote on 2021-11-22 23:00:24:

I see it. I see the flesh bag with bony pipes sticking out.
xPNKvKX.png1rHhQn7.png
As a Plague lair I love the idea of "Percussive war sounds meant to intimidate." and your picks are spot on.

Throwing in that Black Veil Brides is 100% a Plague band, especially with their new album. And Powerwolf. The vocals and religious themes (more on Powerwolf than BVB but the new album def has some religious stuff to it) while sticking to a style of music you don't associate with religious stuff especially just seems fitting to me.

Also - bagpipes. Literally a war instrument meant to be heard miles away to intimidate the enemy. Songs like this where it's just blaring. And while I agree throat singing is a Fire thing, by the same band I really love this song and I could almost see it being something that Plague and Fire made together, maybe some homesick dragons in either territory looking to mix it up.

(Edit - looks like Recallback beat me to bagpipes while I was typing this post up XD )

Also I've been on a kick playing FFXIV lately and some of the battle themes remind me of Plague as well, especially the big boss battle themes from each expansion. But especially the Stormblood one, Triumph, because it's my favorite and I can just see a battle with that theme - Plague against the flights on either side, outnumbered and overpowered but fighting anyway because it's survive or die as the dragons fight to their last to defend their homes.
As a Plague lair I love the idea of "Percussive war sounds meant to intimidate." and your picks are spot on.

Throwing in that Black Veil Brides is 100% a Plague band, especially with their new album. And Powerwolf. The vocals and religious themes (more on Powerwolf than BVB but the new album def has some religious stuff to it) while sticking to a style of music you don't associate with religious stuff especially just seems fitting to me.

Also - bagpipes. Literally a war instrument meant to be heard miles away to intimidate the enemy. Songs like this where it's just blaring. And while I agree throat singing is a Fire thing, by the same band I really love this song and I could almost see it being something that Plague and Fire made together, maybe some homesick dragons in either territory looking to mix it up.

(Edit - looks like Recallback beat me to bagpipes while I was typing this post up XD )

Also I've been on a kick playing FFXIV lately and some of the battle themes remind me of Plague as well, especially the big boss battle themes from each expansion. But especially the Stormblood one, Triumph, because it's my favorite and I can just see a battle with that theme - Plague against the flights on either side, outnumbered and overpowered but fighting anyway because it's survive or die as the dragons fight to their last to defend their homes.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-11-22 23:00:24" ] Okay but consider: Plague definitely has bagpipes. I know what you're thinking, "Hey Michael that's a big bag of wind and pipes that should be a Wind instrument-" and you'd be wrong because while yes it is an artsy cultural instrument, it is ALSO an intimidating instrument of war. They used to send a piper out onto the battlefields with the Scottish regiments and armies (you can find some famous examples from WW1 just off the top of my head), and I have no doubts it has further historical usage like that. So it's a very very loud war instrument- and that is definitely Plague's jam. Plus you gotta have good lungs to play that thing, shows you're strong. [/quote] As a person with a fair amount of Scottish border clan ancestry, I approve of this. I kinda headcanon Plague being like the border reivers. I also agree with BeefnPotatostu's idea that it could be a flesh bag with bony pipes. Admins, please take notes for next RoR apparel. /hj
Recallback wrote on 2021-11-22 23:00:24:
As a person with a fair amount of Scottish border clan ancestry, I approve of this. I kinda headcanon Plague being like the border reivers. I also agree with BeefnPotatostu's idea that it could be a flesh bag with bony pipes. Admins, please take notes for next RoR apparel. /hj
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
As an Arcane member I do listen to weirdcore (mostly jack stauber)
As an Arcane member I do listen to weirdcore (mostly jack stauber)
ArtFight-Art Gallery-Adopts

• Timezone is GMT

• Always happy to chat :)
The seers of Water will lean towards those melancholy harmonies, but the more boisterous clans that live in Flotsam Town and upon the sea's surface will sing the more jaunty sea shanties I think.

But yeah lol I do love a good sea shanty so you got me there though to be fair my tastes are vast and eclectic
The seers of Water will lean towards those melancholy harmonies, but the more boisterous clans that live in Flotsam Town and upon the sea's surface will sing the more jaunty sea shanties I think.

But yeah lol I do love a good sea shanty so you got me there though to be fair my tastes are vast and eclectic
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
Adding further to what I said before, Shadow feels like it would listen it Will Wood and WWATT, honestly

And water would listen to

wait for it

Waterparks

Im very funny.
Adding further to what I said before, Shadow feels like it would listen it Will Wood and WWATT, honestly

And water would listen to

wait for it

Waterparks

Im very funny.
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Implying Earth wouldn't listen to Rock, or that Fire wouldn't listen to Heavy Metal

*sees self out*
Implying Earth wouldn't listen to Rock, or that Fire wouldn't listen to Heavy Metal

*sees self out*
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
Lightning despite bossdad's protests he can't ignore the fact that the bops that increase productivity they don't care where it comes from if productivity is up they gonna listen to it. It's to the point where Lightning has minstrels that are among the best and the recording booth is high tech to capture the music
Lightning despite bossdad's protests he can't ignore the fact that the bops that increase productivity they don't care where it comes from if productivity is up they gonna listen to it. It's to the point where Lightning has minstrels that are among the best and the recording booth is high tech to capture the music
1 2 3