Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | earth headcanons?
1 2 3
they can be cute, weird, creepy or straight up cursed! i saw a bunch for plague for ror but 0 for rc
they can be cute, weird, creepy or straight up cursed! i saw a bunch for plague for ror but 0 for rc
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
Some HCs

Earth culture tends to be slower/down to earth and straightforward. Their stances in times of conflict to other flights tends to be neutral/peacekeeping, to defensive.

Many clans are actually migrants from other flights. They're all fairly welcome here. The idea of that "all flights are just branches of the same family tree" is not an uncommon belief.

Some flights may suffer from overcrowding, and require creative ways to house more dragons. Ie - nature dragons may burrow/carve out the innards of trees to create dens, shadowlings often have a habit of stacking burrows on top of each other creating honey-comb like structures with their purple eyes glowing in the dark. Earth is much smaller as a flight, leading to a lot of open clanless space in between marked territories. It can often be seen as rather barren, most clans will reside around areas with lots of resources rather than open desert. Despite this over 13000 clans are located within the shattered plain, where as all other earth areas have 300-400 clans

Earth snappers can fly, they just manipulate chucks of earth to float and support their weight.

Earth has
Some HCs

Earth culture tends to be slower/down to earth and straightforward. Their stances in times of conflict to other flights tends to be neutral/peacekeeping, to defensive.

Many clans are actually migrants from other flights. They're all fairly welcome here. The idea of that "all flights are just branches of the same family tree" is not an uncommon belief.

Some flights may suffer from overcrowding, and require creative ways to house more dragons. Ie - nature dragons may burrow/carve out the innards of trees to create dens, shadowlings often have a habit of stacking burrows on top of each other creating honey-comb like structures with their purple eyes glowing in the dark. Earth is much smaller as a flight, leading to a lot of open clanless space in between marked territories. It can often be seen as rather barren, most clans will reside around areas with lots of resources rather than open desert. Despite this over 13000 clans are located within the shattered plain, where as all other earth areas have 300-400 clans

Earth snappers can fly, they just manipulate chucks of earth to float and support their weight.

Earth has
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs NOT marked with an ❌, should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
i like to think necromancy isn't uncommon, but it's the reverent sort of necromancy? a very rough equivalent would be like the Dunmer spirit magic and ancestral worship (that [i]they [/i]don't consider necromancy). where you can summon and commune with your ancestors. the fact that Snappers don't sleep and barely ever stop moving has a major effect on the kind of settlements that are generally found, mostly small stopping areas. lots of burrows. any kind of major 'cities' are often created or populated by other breeds of dragons. considering that they have digging equipment and need things like pickaxes and explosives for digging, i don't think their magic with their element includes being able to just move it of float it as they like. or if they can, it's very limited and extremely taxing, making it more actually viable to do things physically(after all, Snappers are built to dig burrows, not just make them appear via magic). i think Earth dragons, much like Fire dragons, need very little to no water. this can be very awkward for visiting or mixed elemental clans. Obelisk also might not sleep like their earlier brethren, as their stone form is said that they can conserve energy and observe their surroundings in perfect stillness. Earth dragons seem to eternal watchers, probably would work well in the Fortress of Ends if they were of a less sentimental type(which, considering Earthshaker, i don't know would be common). somewhat related, i feel like the nomadic habits of Mirrors might work well enough in combination with Snappers, the massive tanks that can carry what is needed and the energetic runners. [img]https://i.imgur.com/FjE7n98.png[/img] the loud noisy sibling with the quiet but bemused one. [s]you might be surprised which ones i'm talking about. Snappers will talk all day.[/s]
i like to think necromancy isn't uncommon, but it's the reverent sort of necromancy? a very rough equivalent would be like the Dunmer spirit magic and ancestral worship (that they don't consider necromancy). where you can summon and commune with your ancestors.

the fact that Snappers don't sleep and barely ever stop moving has a major effect on the kind of settlements that are generally found, mostly small stopping areas. lots of burrows. any kind of major 'cities' are often created or populated by other breeds of dragons.

considering that they have digging equipment and need things like pickaxes and explosives for digging, i don't think their magic with their element includes being able to just move it of float it as they like. or if they can, it's very limited and extremely taxing, making it more actually viable to do things physically(after all, Snappers are built to dig burrows, not just make them appear via magic).

i think Earth dragons, much like Fire dragons, need very little to no water. this can be very awkward for visiting or mixed elemental clans.

Obelisk also might not sleep like their earlier brethren, as their stone form is said that they can conserve energy and observe their surroundings in perfect stillness. Earth dragons seem to eternal watchers, probably would work well in the Fortress of Ends if they were of a less sentimental type(which, considering Earthshaker, i don't know would be common).

somewhat related, i feel like the nomadic habits of Mirrors might work well enough in combination with Snappers, the massive tanks that can carry what is needed and the energetic runners.

FjE7n98.png
the loud noisy sibling with the quiet but bemused one.
you might be surprised which ones i'm talking about. Snappers will talk all day.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
Honestly, I think we have a very nice amount of markets and bazaars. Pottery, rugs, gemstone trades and maybe even some contractors go to the markets and advertise and/or sell there.
Honestly, I think we have a very nice amount of markets and bazaars. Pottery, rugs, gemstone trades and maybe even some contractors go to the markets and advertise and/or sell there.
Ignore me
i think that many clans that move to earth are from other flights, but tend to stay for much, much longer than they thought, becoming fixtures in their communities. i feel that earth has a pull that is hard to deny, causing people to feel at home faster than any other place in Sornieth
i think that many clans that move to earth are from other flights, but tend to stay for much, much longer than they thought, becoming fixtures in their communities. i feel that earth has a pull that is hard to deny, causing people to feel at home faster than any other place in Sornieth
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
There's a[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3074198/1] whole bunch here in this thread [/url]but I'll quote some of my favorites! [quote name="Snek" date="2021-11-09 16:04:16" ] We have scary undead! We have historic graves and a problem with robbers! We have a lonely deity and the Pillar! We have intense earthquakes! We have a big ol' crack in the ground full of the caverns the first clans lived in! We have big markets and researchers and dragons with expansive memories and musicians and actors! [/quote] [quote name="Orodruin" date="2021-11-09 17:37:31" ] this whole thread is just !!! please, give us the cool bones and weird aquatic cave creatures. and let's not forget, there's also an entire abandoned underground civilization in earth. what's up with that? how come everyone seems to have forgotten it even though DD wasn't all that long ago? like, c'mon y'all, earth has SO much interesting stuff going on. skeletal wyrms, abandoned ruins, grave robbers, vibrant markets, ancient murals, essentially death valley, underground rivers, vast and expansive canyons, that one funky little island off the northeast shore with the crop circles... [/quote] [quote name="TikindiDragon" date="2021-11-11 02:15:30" ] My Lore incorporates so, so much of this. The dead naturally don't stay dead in Earth because Earthshaker just cannot let go? Check. Mummified relatives being 'woken up' to take part in Rockbreakers? Check. Creeping Eldritch Horrors lurking in the deep, deep caverns beneath the ground? Check. Statues animated by restless spirits? Check. I'm literally just waiting on the Earth Ancient to fulfil my whole undead ancestors gig. [/quote]
There's a whole bunch here in this thread but I'll quote some of my favorites!
Snek wrote on 2021-11-09 16:04:16:
We have scary undead! We have historic graves and a problem with robbers! We have a lonely deity and the Pillar! We have intense earthquakes! We have a big ol' crack in the ground full of the caverns the first clans lived in! We have big markets and researchers and dragons with expansive memories and musicians and actors!
Orodruin wrote on 2021-11-09 17:37:31:
this whole thread is just !!! please, give us the cool bones and weird aquatic cave creatures.

and let's not forget, there's also an entire abandoned underground civilization in earth. what's up with that? how come everyone seems to have forgotten it even though DD wasn't all that long ago? like, c'mon y'all, earth has SO much interesting stuff going on. skeletal wyrms, abandoned ruins, grave robbers, vibrant markets, ancient murals, essentially death valley, underground rivers, vast and expansive canyons, that one funky little island off the northeast shore with the crop circles...
TikindiDragon wrote on 2021-11-11 02:15:30:
My Lore incorporates so, so much of this. The dead naturally don't stay dead in Earth because Earthshaker just cannot let go? Check. Mummified relatives being 'woken up' to take part in Rockbreakers? Check. Creeping Eldritch Horrors lurking in the deep, deep caverns beneath the ground? Check. Statues animated by restless spirits? Check.

I'm literally just waiting on the Earth Ancient to fulfil my whole undead ancestors gig.
H0mc65a.png
august
ENG / CN
skin shop

       
I just moved back and rearranged some of my lore to fit better. So, we live in a cool cove area on the Northern side of Dragonhome. You can't see it on the map, but it's there ;-) Where the little island is from the seed and sickness. This is what the edges of Dragonhome look like: [img]https://lp-cms-production.imgix.net/2019-06/479710035_high.jpg[/img] Just a small hamlet at the coast, a single dock for uhm.. "trading ships" *cough* [sub] not saying those might be pirates.. but not saying they're not[/sub] Then traveling caravans pick up goods at various towns and take it to the market at the Colonnades of Antiquity to get it all sold off, pick up more stuff to bring back to the towns. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/The_Beach_at_Nanjizal_-_geograph.org.uk_-_933436.jpg[/img] There's lots of little hidden settlements in Earth. They like caves and coves. You could spend your whole life in Dragonhome and still not know all of the secrets hidden.
I just moved back and rearranged some of my lore to fit better.

So, we live in a cool cove area on the Northern side of Dragonhome. You can't see it on the map, but it's there ;-) Where the little island is from the seed and sickness.

This is what the edges of Dragonhome look like:
479710035_high.jpg

Just a small hamlet at the coast, a single dock for uhm.. "trading ships" *cough* not saying those might be pirates.. but not saying they're not Then traveling caravans pick up goods at various towns and take it to the market at the Colonnades of Antiquity to get it all sold off, pick up more stuff to bring back to the towns.

The_Beach_at_Nanjizal_-_geograph.org.uk_-_933436.jpg

There's lots of little hidden settlements in Earth. They like caves and coves. You could spend your whole life in Dragonhome and still not know all of the secrets hidden.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Dusty
Dusty
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[img]http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/large/1fc0f0ea-e2ab-4c7e-8c51-611b9360024b.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.charismaticplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/5-768x512.jpg[/img] With so many snappers, there's a lot of stairwells and walkways.. this is a stairwell hewn into a rock face!
1fc0f0ea-e2ab-4c7e-8c51-611b9360024b.jpg
5-768x512.jpg

With so many snappers, there's a lot of stairwells and walkways.. this is a stairwell hewn into a rock face!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Snappers can do that thing goats can do when they climb cliff faces. No-one knows how they do it, but they do. Obes, who seem more suited for the job, actually can't as they choose to fly instead.

Also earth dragons like to just piece random fossils together to see what cool new creature they can make
Snappers can do that thing goats can do when they climb cliff faces. No-one knows how they do it, but they do. Obes, who seem more suited for the job, actually can't as they choose to fly instead.

Also earth dragons like to just piece random fossils together to see what cool new creature they can make
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
1 2 3