Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | +Col Accessibility for Visually Impaired
1 2 3 4
First, SUPPORT.
Second: could we add those text-based captchas to the list? I'd rather sit there and decipher one of those than have to lean in and squint at a 250x100 px image on my 1280x1080 screen. The current captchas are hard to solve even for people without visual disabilities.
First, SUPPORT.
Second: could we add those text-based captchas to the list? I'd rather sit there and decipher one of those than have to lean in and squint at a 250x100 px image on my 1280x1080 screen. The current captchas are hard to solve even for people without visual disabilities.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
support.

i'm not visually impaired in any way but i often struggle with captchas on this site. I don't struggle with captchas on other sites or anything, either. It's the combination of "target too small" and "where dragon" that has forced me to repeat captchas often.

A text based captcha or a lineup of dragons with "select the skydancer" would be much better. I'm a mobile user most of the time, so typing something isn't my favorite, but select a shape or select a dragon based on a text question and a clearly visible lineup would be awesome!

I do think that specific setup would be more friendly to scanning, switches, etc than the current captcha as well.
support.

i'm not visually impaired in any way but i often struggle with captchas on this site. I don't struggle with captchas on other sites or anything, either. It's the combination of "target too small" and "where dragon" that has forced me to repeat captchas often.

A text based captcha or a lineup of dragons with "select the skydancer" would be much better. I'm a mobile user most of the time, so typing something isn't my favorite, but select a shape or select a dragon based on a text question and a clearly visible lineup would be awesome!

I do think that specific setup would be more friendly to scanning, switches, etc than the current captcha as well.
CtM8cLF.png librariesrpunk
FR +3
aka Ghost
irregular_nekomata.png
Oh gosh yes plz! There's a whole thread on the forums of people sharing the really bad captchas they've gotten, I've even shared some there myself, that shows just how big an issue they are. Your ideas would make it so much simpler for my poor eyes :'''3 Support!
Oh gosh yes plz! There's a whole thread on the forums of people sharing the really bad captchas they've gotten, I've even shared some there myself, that shows just how big an issue they are. Your ideas would make it so much simpler for my poor eyes :'''3 Support!
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
I like the suggestion of being able to choose between multiple types of capcha - that sounds especially helpful for the most folks possible.
I like the suggestion of being able to choose between multiple types of capcha - that sounds especially helpful for the most folks possible.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
Support. There's also an issue where sometimes the dragon in the capcha isn't even aligned correctly! I've found and clicked the dragon dead-center and gotten a fail, so there's something seriously wrong there, too.
Support. There's also an issue where sometimes the dragon in the capcha isn't even aligned correctly! I've found and clicked the dragon dead-center and gotten a fail, so there's something seriously wrong there, too.
FsBkBFa.png

changing my username... eventually. lmao
Support!
I think rethinking the coliseum captches is very important. Even though i am not visually impaired (except wearing glasses) in a way that is meant here, but i have BIG problems finding those LITTLE dragons that BLEND into the colorful chaotic looking backgrounds, often not even being visible, that look INDISTINGUISHABLE from many familiars or items shown.

All the lines in the backgrounds, the dark dragons on dark backgrounds, the rotation of dragons all make it hard and take a lot of time to find the dragons. I often need to ZOOM in to be able to even see the little images, especially on mobile.

So i think changes to the captcha or being able to choose the kind of captcha would be extremely valuable to the accessibility of the coliseum.

There are already many good suggestions here that are better than what i come up with (like just making it automatically bigger by toggling a button or someting so you do not need to change the size every time), so i just leave this here as support for this idea!
Support!
I think rethinking the coliseum captches is very important. Even though i am not visually impaired (except wearing glasses) in a way that is meant here, but i have BIG problems finding those LITTLE dragons that BLEND into the colorful chaotic looking backgrounds, often not even being visible, that look INDISTINGUISHABLE from many familiars or items shown.

All the lines in the backgrounds, the dark dragons on dark backgrounds, the rotation of dragons all make it hard and take a lot of time to find the dragons. I often need to ZOOM in to be able to even see the little images, especially on mobile.

So i think changes to the captcha or being able to choose the kind of captcha would be extremely valuable to the accessibility of the coliseum.

There are already many good suggestions here that are better than what i come up with (like just making it automatically bigger by toggling a button or someting so you do not need to change the size every time), so i just leave this here as support for this idea!
ex5BGkW.png
1 2 3 4