Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recommend me some horribly sad music.
1 2 3 4 5
A fair amount of my recs have already been listed, so I'll try to keep this relatively brief.
Given you're looking for more melancholy type sad music I will recommend the beauty of Your City Gave Me Asthma by Wilbur Soot

It's a very raw acoustic album which I absolutely adore. The more melancholy songs are Since I Saw Vienna, Jubilee Line and La Jolla, but the whole album is very much worth listening to.

I will TW that it explores some dark themes, but given you're looking for sad music I assume you're expecting it.
(If anyone wants more specific TWs for the album/songs ping or DM me!! Happy to help ^-^)
A fair amount of my recs have already been listed, so I'll try to keep this relatively brief.
Given you're looking for more melancholy type sad music I will recommend the beauty of Your City Gave Me Asthma by Wilbur Soot

It's a very raw acoustic album which I absolutely adore. The more melancholy songs are Since I Saw Vienna, Jubilee Line and La Jolla, but the whole album is very much worth listening to.

I will TW that it explores some dark themes, but given you're looking for sad music I assume you're expecting it.
(If anyone wants more specific TWs for the album/songs ping or DM me!! Happy to help ^-^)
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
@CatInDisguise Ah, yes. I don't need any trigger warning, but it's still good to put some in case someone else is also going through the recommendations and may be triggered by something.

In my case, I have no trigger, so don't hesitate to recommend some dark stuff. But still make sure that it's okay to post on a website with kids on it.
@CatInDisguise Ah, yes. I don't need any trigger warning, but it's still good to put some in case someone else is also going through the recommendations and may be triggered by something.

In my case, I have no trigger, so don't hesitate to recommend some dark stuff. But still make sure that it's okay to post on a website with kids on it.
To exist in fragile light.
It Happened Quiet - AURORA (live at nidarosdomen)

Also now that I think about it. Torna a Casa - Måneskin, Bullet - Hollywood Undead, A Lifetime of War - Sabaton, I am the Antichrist to You - Kishi Bashi, Pozegnanie Malego Wojownika - Czeslaw Spiewa, Caesia & Ruben - Czeslaw Spiewa, Asleep - The Smiths, Funeral Bell - Phildel
It Happened Quiet - AURORA (live at nidarosdomen)

Also now that I think about it. Torna a Casa - Måneskin, Bullet - Hollywood Undead, A Lifetime of War - Sabaton, I am the Antichrist to You - Kishi Bashi, Pozegnanie Malego Wojownika - Czeslaw Spiewa, Caesia & Ruben - Czeslaw Spiewa, Asleep - The Smiths, Funeral Bell - Phildel
by-knighterrant.png
Giles Corey - I'm going to do it
Have a Nice Life - A Quick One Before The Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut
Songs:Ohia - Farewell Transmission
Nine Inch Nails - A warm place
Giles Corey - I'm going to do it
Have a Nice Life - A Quick One Before The Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut
Songs:Ohia - Farewell Transmission
Nine Inch Nails - A warm place
photo.jpg
Mitski, last words of a shooting star.
Mitski, last words of a shooting star.
Stars has a lot of sad songs. Dead Hearts is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQT2HVfxJu4
Stars has a lot of sad songs. Dead Hearts is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQT2HVfxJu4
JOZEYlN.png

EF79DC3B-E077-439D-9F11-FAFDD61A04F5.png

hc22-4.png
Pretty much any song from the last half of Hadestown, but especially Flowers, Promises, and Road to Hell (Reprise)

A bunch of Julia Ecklar's songs are melancholy space songs, particularly Pushin' the Speed of Light, Ballad to a Spaceman, and The Phoenix

Of All Things by Sig Figs Collective - fan song for a character's death in a show I like

We Shall Wear Midnight by Steeleye Span - written in honor of/in memory of Terry Pratchett

A Boy and His Frog by Marc Gunn - written in memory of Jim Henson

Lord of the Rings by The Doubleclicks - about getting over a bad relationship, even though it's mostly hopeful it still punches me in the gut
Pretty much any song from the last half of Hadestown, but especially Flowers, Promises, and Road to Hell (Reprise)

A bunch of Julia Ecklar's songs are melancholy space songs, particularly Pushin' the Speed of Light, Ballad to a Spaceman, and The Phoenix

Of All Things by Sig Figs Collective - fan song for a character's death in a show I like

We Shall Wear Midnight by Steeleye Span - written in honor of/in memory of Terry Pratchett

A Boy and His Frog by Marc Gunn - written in memory of Jim Henson

Lord of the Rings by The Doubleclicks - about getting over a bad relationship, even though it's mostly hopeful it still punches me in the gut
NHCZe8E.gifnMkuik2.gifwO1H58F.gif
@Nihilisten
I definitely agree, music is very subjective and different people react to different music in different ways. Listening to sad music can also be very cathartic to me as well, and art in general has definitely helped me through some hard times so I 100% agree on using philosophy and art to help better understand and take care of yourself; Deep-thinking and music/drawing are typically what help me when I'm upset or feeling alone. I've just occasionally (very rarely actually, not sure why I said "always" in my OG post) also had experiences where listening to sad songs on repeat makes me feel worse rather than better, and if the same thing happened to you or anyone else because of my recommendations I'd feel horrible so I just thought I'd add a warning just in case :,)
It's interesting hearing your take on it and your personal experiences, though! I hope you can find some new good sad songs to listen to and that you have a good one ^^
@Nihilisten
I definitely agree, music is very subjective and different people react to different music in different ways. Listening to sad music can also be very cathartic to me as well, and art in general has definitely helped me through some hard times so I 100% agree on using philosophy and art to help better understand and take care of yourself; Deep-thinking and music/drawing are typically what help me when I'm upset or feeling alone. I've just occasionally (very rarely actually, not sure why I said "always" in my OG post) also had experiences where listening to sad songs on repeat makes me feel worse rather than better, and if the same thing happened to you or anyone else because of my recommendations I'd feel horrible so I just thought I'd add a warning just in case :,)
It's interesting hearing your take on it and your personal experiences, though! I hope you can find some new good sad songs to listen to and that you have a good one ^^
I'll go with with 2 words :frostpunk OST
it's just instrumental but it's still good (personally I think especially when you know what the game is about)
I'll go with with 2 words :frostpunk OST
it's just instrumental but it's still good (personally I think especially when you know what the game is about)
3i3iYd8.gif
12+ FR time
I can’t carry this anymore —Anson Seabra
Trigger warnings apply.
I can’t carry this anymore —Anson Seabra
Trigger warnings apply.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png