Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share your beginner mistakes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Probably making a new thread or something way, way too often. After about a month into the game I was running a free lore shop, two hatcheries, and a couple other misc challenges or whatever. Now I only have a lineage and a (no longer free) lore shop.

Definitley avoided a bad mistake with my first nest- got a primal and almost sold her at around 4,000 treasure.
Probably making a new thread or something way, way too often. After about a month into the game I was running a free lore shop, two hatcheries, and a couple other misc challenges or whatever. Now I only have a lineage and a (no longer free) lore shop.

Definitley avoided a bad mistake with my first nest- got a primal and almost sold her at around 4,000 treasure.
output-onlinepngtools-38.pngoutput-onlinepngtools-5.pngimage-4.png
I would exalt dragons without first checking to see if anyone was pushing for dominance. Now, I keep an eye on DomWatch and generally send my fodder to out-of-flight dom raffles for more than what I'd usually get for exalting... and make lots of dragon money when two flights go head to head [insert eyes emoji here]

Another thing I just recently learned (oops) - learning how to do Glimmer + Gloom to get that easy daily 75kt
I would exalt dragons without first checking to see if anyone was pushing for dominance. Now, I keep an eye on DomWatch and generally send my fodder to out-of-flight dom raffles for more than what I'd usually get for exalting... and make lots of dragon money when two flights go head to head [insert eyes emoji here]

Another thing I just recently learned (oops) - learning how to do Glimmer + Gloom to get that easy daily 75kt
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
Trading Post
xxxxx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
Made my progen rose/ivory.

Spent a lot (at the time) of treasure on a shiny-star familiar because presumably they were better at... whatever familiars do, right?

My first festival (RBC '18):
-did not realize that the MP sold skins.
-bought 1 halo and 0 Crystalcourt Cascades, because "Putting clothes on dragons is just weird. Guess I'll get one of those halos, because it's not quite clothes and I like the pattern, but I'll probably never end up using it."
Made my progen rose/ivory.

Spent a lot (at the time) of treasure on a shiny-star familiar because presumably they were better at... whatever familiars do, right?

My first festival (RBC '18):
-did not realize that the MP sold skins.
-bought 1 halo and 0 Crystalcourt Cascades, because "Putting clothes on dragons is just weird. Guess I'll get one of those halos, because it's not quite clothes and I like the pattern, but I'll probably never end up using it."
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
So I joined back when there were still registration windows, and I really liked the game and convinced one of my friends to join in the next window. Oh, he picked Plague flight! That's great! I'll just give him this extra familiar I picked up during the Plague festival! Here you go, enjoy the free Plague Sprite!

He quit playing after two weeks and we're no longer in touch and it would be super weird to text and ask for that back.
So I joined back when there were still registration windows, and I really liked the game and convinced one of my friends to join in the next window. Oh, he picked Plague flight! That's great! I'll just give him this extra familiar I picked up during the Plague festival! Here you go, enjoy the free Plague Sprite!

He quit playing after two weeks and we're no longer in touch and it would be super weird to text and ask for that back.
oh.
I've sold very expensive things to Crim on accident, and sometimes on purpose without realizing how much it'd have sold on the AH... Crim is pain.
I've sold very expensive things to Crim on accident, and sometimes on purpose without realizing how much it'd have sold on the AH... Crim is pain.
2a637a7de4d6df46e5310a94398297c6a750660e.png7d9fa0c4fa4fea47a2ad2dc28742224e549c0e1f.pngb18f358dd4b8bb92de861b91e50652e933ebe5a3.png1e6dd825c1bc6e1e13c7d822f48c3fa359caa420.png
for SO long I didn't know the game database existed
I thought that the ah was the only place to buy stuff like genes
I probably lost so much money buying marketplace treasure genes on the ah rather than from the source </3

also the only notn I was active for, I sold all of my eggs during the event
if I had waited a few months I'd be a few hundred gems richer :P and back then that was a LOT for me
for SO long I didn't know the game database existed
I thought that the ah was the only place to buy stuff like genes
I probably lost so much money buying marketplace treasure genes on the ah rather than from the source </3

also the only notn I was active for, I sold all of my eggs during the event
if I had waited a few months I'd be a few hundred gems richer :P and back then that was a LOT for me
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I thought that when a dragon died in the coliseum, that it would stay dead unless you restarted. I ended up leveling my first team all the way to 25 while restarting every time one of them died. -facepalm-
I thought that when a dragon died in the coliseum, that it would stay dead unless you restarted. I ended up leveling my first team all the way to 25 while restarting every time one of them died. -facepalm-
MREQJ.gifo7Vex.gifDVr2oFl.gif aPaLdb3.png93464896.png93464888.png
Only one I can think of is thinking that putting a stack of items on the AH with a price per (this was before the AH update that we've got now, too, so???) meant those items would be listed individually? Or that someone could purchase a portion of them like how you can pick a quantity on any other sale site.

So I listed a stack of shrooms for about 5g. Whoops

Also not grabbing the 2014 plague fest stuff because I thought it was gross to look at
Only one I can think of is thinking that putting a stack of items on the AH with a price per (this was before the AH update that we've got now, too, so???) meant those items would be listed individually? Or that someone could purchase a portion of them like how you can pick a quantity on any other sale site.

So I listed a stack of shrooms for about 5g. Whoops

Also not grabbing the 2014 plague fest stuff because I thought it was gross to look at
b370d15dcc6c6de13547824fbed56ba2ae0f8153.png Ljw7JvQ.png UBaiWUV.png eIK5iG7.png
JvUa9ma.png feXtM27.png FObX7rS.png
gYW0j5f.png wthFnM3.png gE96VFA.png
they/he | formerly neonpine
exalting my progens' first kids :/ i'm a g1 lair now but like. man i kinda miss those guys even if they were ugly to me back then

and also breeding a lot of my dragons randomly while disregarding any lore i had made for them at the time. idk why i did that i just thought the colors i could get were interesting?

oh and this one isn't a newbie mistake (at the time, i was playing the game for about 1-2 years) but i gave my scattersights to random dragons when they came out. i did get a primal out of it (this guy) but i feel like it would've been better to use on something like. i dunno my progens or i could've just kept it for later and sold it when it was super expensive. in my defense i didn't really know how expensive they were and forgot about them for awhile
exalting my progens' first kids :/ i'm a g1 lair now but like. man i kinda miss those guys even if they were ugly to me back then

and also breeding a lot of my dragons randomly while disregarding any lore i had made for them at the time. idk why i did that i just thought the colors i could get were interesting?

oh and this one isn't a newbie mistake (at the time, i was playing the game for about 1-2 years) but i gave my scattersights to random dragons when they came out. i did get a primal out of it (this guy) but i feel like it would've been better to use on something like. i dunno my progens or i could've just kept it for later and sold it when it was super expensive. in my defense i didn't really know how expensive they were and forgot about them for awhile
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
Sniped a 5kt 6 digit off AH and resold for floor price. Didn’t know how cool old dragons were at the time. At least I realized their value after a while so now I have Adelmar :)
Sniped a 5kt 6 digit off AH and resold for floor price. Didn’t know how cool old dragons were at the time. At least I realized their value after a while so now I have Adelmar :)
Fox_base_updated_20-06-2021.pngFox_base_updated_20-06-2021-1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7