Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | add/adhd users?
1 2 3 4 5
I'm predominantly inattentive and yet I'm taking a million college classes so I can be a physicist. like I love math and science but jesus I can't focus ever or do simple arithmetic in my head. I've got a differential equations teacher right now that stands out in that he doesn't let us use calculators so I spend <30% of test time writing out simple multiplication and subtraction :/ I keep forgetting to talk to the disability people to see if I can get a bit of help or at least some recommendations.

I'm making it work though, after next semester I'm gonna have 3 frikkin associate degrees (!!!) and after that I'm off to a nice uni that has a great physics program and lots of internships!

I'm tired but I'm looking forward to my month off between semesters *o*
I'm predominantly inattentive and yet I'm taking a million college classes so I can be a physicist. like I love math and science but jesus I can't focus ever or do simple arithmetic in my head. I've got a differential equations teacher right now that stands out in that he doesn't let us use calculators so I spend <30% of test time writing out simple multiplication and subtraction :/ I keep forgetting to talk to the disability people to see if I can get a bit of help or at least some recommendations.

I'm making it work though, after next semester I'm gonna have 3 frikkin associate degrees (!!!) and after that I'm off to a nice uni that has a great physics program and lots of internships!

I'm tired but I'm looking forward to my month off between semesters *o*
XN0KYkt.png
always LF:
  • sunset, spearmint, overcast, iris petals and/or butterfly
  • moon, storm skink, spinner, poison, toxin
  • storm, denim-abyss, cerise, moon, radioactive, orca in general
IoZLPFD.png
@gazehound hi! unfortunately i don't have any advice on the insurance thing, but i just wanted to send you some good vibes bc you and i seem to be p similar ;O; i'm 21 as well, didn't get diagnosed til my late teens, though i am still on meds.. but what i really wanted to say was, i 100% relate to you on feeling really stupid all the time. like for example, in class someone will try to debate with me on an important issue and i'll always have to stop and process what they're saying and try to figure out how to organize my response, and it makes me look like i have no idea what i'm talking about bc i can't rattle off information in the blink of an eye like lots of other ppl can, you know?

anyway, not sure if this helps, but whenever i'm feeling especially awful about my cognitive abilities i try to remind myself that there are many different kinds of intelligence. being slow to respond or process things doesn't mean that the knowledge and wisdom aren't there! there's just a bit of fog clouding the windows. the metaphorical windows. not sure where i was going with that there, but yeah

just sending some love to my fellow ADHD-ers with self-esteem problems!! we're awesome

(PS: way to go @valeguard !! i had to drop my english major for a different one that wasn't so writing-intensive because writing is so painful for me.. like it's a miracle i made it all the way through this post.... so hearing about other ppl with ADHD following their dreams in spite of the setbacks is so encouraging!!!)
@gazehound hi! unfortunately i don't have any advice on the insurance thing, but i just wanted to send you some good vibes bc you and i seem to be p similar ;O; i'm 21 as well, didn't get diagnosed til my late teens, though i am still on meds.. but what i really wanted to say was, i 100% relate to you on feeling really stupid all the time. like for example, in class someone will try to debate with me on an important issue and i'll always have to stop and process what they're saying and try to figure out how to organize my response, and it makes me look like i have no idea what i'm talking about bc i can't rattle off information in the blink of an eye like lots of other ppl can, you know?

anyway, not sure if this helps, but whenever i'm feeling especially awful about my cognitive abilities i try to remind myself that there are many different kinds of intelligence. being slow to respond or process things doesn't mean that the knowledge and wisdom aren't there! there's just a bit of fog clouding the windows. the metaphorical windows. not sure where i was going with that there, but yeah

just sending some love to my fellow ADHD-ers with self-esteem problems!! we're awesome

(PS: way to go @valeguard !! i had to drop my english major for a different one that wasn't so writing-intensive because writing is so painful for me.. like it's a miracle i made it all the way through this post.... so hearing about other ppl with ADHD following their dreams in spite of the setbacks is so encouraging!!!)
late 20s | +3 FR time | glitter boulder

aC86tUH.png
Well, I have ADHD, OCD, and some kind of mood disorder. My ADHD isn't too bad, I just tend to space out sometimes. I take meds for them (Vyvanse for ADHD and mood stabilizers for the mood disorder), so it isn't too bad.

Except when I take my Vyvanse and have nothing to focus on, it just traps me in my own little world and stresses me out.
Well, I have ADHD, OCD, and some kind of mood disorder. My ADHD isn't too bad, I just tend to space out sometimes. I take meds for them (Vyvanse for ADHD and mood stabilizers for the mood disorder), so it isn't too bad.

Except when I take my Vyvanse and have nothing to focus on, it just traps me in my own little world and stresses me out.
*Insert something witty here*

WvEXipG.pngmlHpBMC.png
helo here!!
helo here!!
Okay if we're going to have an ADHD thread, let's stick to the one that's at least had some activity this year.

Okay if we're going to have an ADHD thread, let's stick to the one that's at least had some activity this year.

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
1 2 3 4 5