Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Misconceptions?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Tharn" date="2021-09-03 03:13:07" ] Like many people I assumed unlocking apparel slots only unlocked them on the dragon you bought them from. Turns out this unlocks them for your whole lair. [emoji=skull size=1] [/quote] well, just learned this one today, turns out i now have no reason to continue holding out on apparel slots
Tharn wrote on 2021-09-03 03:13:07:
Like many people I assumed unlocking apparel slots only unlocked them on the dragon you bought them from. Turns out this unlocks them for your whole lair.
well, just learned this one today, turns out i now have no reason to continue holding out on apparel slots
[quote name="@littleraddish128" date="2021-09-03 06:33:16" ] Hold on meditation makes your dragons weaker? I have to subscribe :p *takes notes* [/quote] Yeah, Meditate produces a reduction to a dragon's physical/STR attacks but not magical/INT ones that lasts maybe three? turns. There are builds that have a Meditate energy stone and physical attacks, like I think the Mire Monk, but they have to work with that debuff as a balancer. I've got a Coli/lore project of an eventually 11 dragon group of powerful mages and I don't bother with physical attacks on any of them due to Meditate's STR debuff personally. And mine, "I don't need to use a Coli guide for stats, I'll evenly distribute these stat points." I was prideful and stubborn before starting to use Sedona and Coli stat guides.
@littleraddish128 wrote on 2021-09-03 06:33:16:
Hold on meditation makes your dragons weaker? I have to subscribe :p
*takes notes*

Yeah, Meditate produces a reduction to a dragon's physical/STR attacks but not magical/INT ones that lasts maybe three? turns. There are builds that have a Meditate energy stone and physical attacks, like I think the Mire Monk, but they have to work with that debuff as a balancer. I've got a Coli/lore project of an eventually 11 dragon group of powerful mages and I don't bother with physical attacks on any of them due to Meditate's STR debuff personally.

And mine, "I don't need to use a Coli guide for stats, I'll evenly distribute these stat points." I was prideful and stubborn before starting to use Sedona and Coli stat guides.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
[quote name="Mariwen" date="2021-09-03 07:25:29" ]And mine, "I don't need to use a Coli guide for stats, I'll evenly distribute these stat points." I was prideful and stubborn before starting to use Sedona and Coli stat guides. [/quote] all of my 25 lvl dergs before i properly re-stated them had like 92384932 agility. and MY MAGE had 20 str while not using any physical attacks at all. i was an idiot.
Mariwen wrote on 2021-09-03 07:25:29:
And mine, "I don't need to use a Coli guide for stats, I'll evenly distribute these stat points." I was prideful and stubborn before starting to use Sedona and Coli stat guides.

all of my 25 lvl dergs before i properly re-stated them had like 92384932 agility. and MY MAGE had 20 str while not using any physical attacks at all. i was an idiot.
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
I thought nobody liked Gen 1 dragons because they are born triple basic. Haha, I learned pretty quickly that it wasn’t the case.
I thought nobody liked Gen 1 dragons because they are born triple basic. Haha, I learned pretty quickly that it wasn’t the case.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I thought the festival items would be back the next year. Luckily I did get one of each, but I kinda wish I got more than one of each (it was hard for me to get any currency, though) ((for reference- I joined 2013, first opening week-- AKA I had access to the sprites and never got more than 1)
RELATED- I thought the currency would change the next year so I hoard sold left over currency for a whole year. Before FR I was playing a MMO that was rampant in the 'currency only is useable for one festival, after that it's worthless space-taking items, UNLESS we decide to make it transferable to the next fest, which we don't always do'.
I now keep whatever is left in case I need some extra funds for fest items and make it a game to get 99+ of a fest currency before the end of the week.

I also thought a even stated dragon was a good coli build. My progens and their first born are lv 12 with even stats. ..I couldn't get past the cave stage and didn't know why until someone pointed it out and (thankfully!!) helped me level 3 dragons to 25 (granted I had to get the stones for them), including a Mire Flyer build. ;o;
I thought the festival items would be back the next year. Luckily I did get one of each, but I kinda wish I got more than one of each (it was hard for me to get any currency, though) ((for reference- I joined 2013, first opening week-- AKA I had access to the sprites and never got more than 1)
RELATED- I thought the currency would change the next year so I hoard sold left over currency for a whole year. Before FR I was playing a MMO that was rampant in the 'currency only is useable for one festival, after that it's worthless space-taking items, UNLESS we decide to make it transferable to the next fest, which we don't always do'.
I now keep whatever is left in case I need some extra funds for fest items and make it a game to get 99+ of a fest currency before the end of the week.

I also thought a even stated dragon was a good coli build. My progens and their first born are lv 12 with even stats. ..I couldn't get past the cave stage and didn't know why until someone pointed it out and (thankfully!!) helped me level 3 dragons to 25 (granted I had to get the stones for them), including a Mire Flyer build. ;o;
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
VERY early on I thought that dragons could only breed with the same breed of dragon. It took weeks before my friend realized I thought this and corrected me [emoji=skull size=1]
VERY early on I thought that dragons could only breed with the same breed of dragon. It took weeks before my friend realized I thought this and corrected me
uPxKdAQ.jpg
[quote name="Tharn" date="2021-09-03 03:13:07" ] Like many people I assumed unlocking apparel slots only unlocked them on the dragon you bought them from. Turns out this unlocks them for your whole lair. [emoji=skull size=1] [/quote] What I've been here since 2014
Tharn wrote on 2021-09-03 03:13:07:
Like many people I assumed unlocking apparel slots only unlocked them on the dragon you bought them from. Turns out this unlocks them for your whole lair.

What

I've been here since 2014
1xcX4j2.gif
oh! I also thought progens would be the same breed (custom and random) but it turns out you can have random breeds >o<
oh! I also thought progens would be the same breed (custom and random) but it turns out you can have random breeds >o<
[quote name="@Shadria" date="2021-09-03 09:40:30" ] oh! I also thought progens would be the same breed (custom and random) but it turns out you can have random breeds >o< [/quote] Wait, they do?! I got two mirrors as progens.
@Shadria wrote on 2021-09-03 09:40:30:
Wait, they do?! I got two mirrors as progens.

GY8SaZl.png
Them/They. Polish. FR 9+. You can call me Vulture, KingVulture, BSM, Moon or even Raptor. A big Rain World, Hollow Knight and Portal fan. A big idiot that just wants a frien. About me. My Wishlist.
@BigSisterMoon
Yup, I got 2 fae but my friend got a mirror and a tundra if I remember right.
@BigSisterMoon
Yup, I got 2 fae but my friend got a mirror and a tundra if I remember right.
1 2 3 4 5