Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 162 163
This is very good page with good explanations.
(I am not sure is it my previous post fall under cut? I'll make add anyway)

In addition to all good argues why there is no reason make "unnamed" mechanic different at any point.

Main argue against I saw here is:
Someone bothered about unnamed in offspring list and name this as reason put special restriction on colieing unnamed.

But I saw same people find for theiself ok names like "umamed" and other placeholder.

This lead me to conclusion that such people mix caus and effect.

Their bothering is not the caus. But is effect. Specialness around "unnamed" make people think about it like something special and bothering.

Thus if all names became equally this not only satisfy those who want train unnamed but also could remove "unnamed drama"

In addition to all good argues why there is no reason make "unnamed" mechanic different at any point.

Someone bothered about unnamed in offspring list and name this as reason put special restriction on colieing unnamed.

But I saw same people find for theiself ok names like "umamed" and other placeholder.

Their bothering is not the caus. But is effect. Specialness around "unnamed" make people think about it like something special and bothering.

Thus if all names became equally this not only satisfy those who want train unnamed but also could remove "unnamed drama"

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2021-08-08 10:24:43" ] This is very good page with good explanations. (I am not sure is it my previous post fall under cut? I'll make add anyway) In addition to all good argues why there is no reason make "unnamed" mechanic different at any point. Main argue against I saw here is: Seone bothered about unnamed in offspring list and name this as reason put special restriction on colieimg unnamed. But I saw same people find for theiself ok names like "umamed" and other placeholder. This lead me to conclusion that such people mix caus and effect. Their bothering is not the caus. But is effect. Specialness around "unnamed" make people think about it like something special and bothering. Thus if all names became equally this not only satisfy those who want train unnamed but also could remove "unnamed drama" [/quote] I actually see what you’re getting at here and also agree with this
Alkhor wrote on 2021-08-08 10:24:43:

Seone bothered about unnamed in offspring list and name this as reason put special restriction on colieimg unnamed.

I actually see what you’re getting at here and also agree with this
I support! I don't mind Unnamed dragons at all in any way. I've seen 5-6 year old unnamed dragons who have still been dearly loved. I typically always name dragons before I sell simply because I don't want any weird names in my progen lineage, but if they were to be exalted unnamed I wouldn't mind. I just don't want them to be things like "GoopyLoops" or something like "tHiSnAmE" ya know? Obviously if someone renames their dragon as such, I can't control it and that's fine! But that doesn't ever happen so it's all good.

I want to be able to level my unnamed dragons. Like my G1s - I usually leave them unnamed until I find a nice and meaningful name that can connect to their lore or something that sounds elegant/powerful/etc. But even while they stay unnamed for months, I still love them. I dress them, gene them, give them lore, art, accents, all of that! and I also want to be able to level them to 25, but they need a name before I'm able to put them in the Coli, but I'm not ready to name them; I haven't found a good one, or I just want them to be unnamed for lore/aesthetic purposes! So yes, I definitely support #UnnamedIsValid! :)

Plus, sometimes it's nice to just get into the Coliseum and not have to back out, go through tabs and find the lair page your dragons are on, name them and then click back in to the Coli.
I support! I don't mind Unnamed dragons at all in any way. I've seen 5-6 year old unnamed dragons who have still been dearly loved. I typically always name dragons before I sell simply because I don't want any weird names in my progen lineage, but if they were to be exalted unnamed I wouldn't mind. I just don't want them to be things like "GoopyLoops" or something like "tHiSnAmE" ya know? Obviously if someone renames their dragon as such, I can't control it and that's fine! But that doesn't ever happen so it's all good.

I want to be able to level my unnamed dragons. Like my G1s - I usually leave them unnamed until I find a nice and meaningful name that can connect to their lore or something that sounds elegant/powerful/etc. But even while they stay unnamed for months, I still love them. I dress them, gene them, give them lore, art, accents, all of that! and I also want to be able to level them to 25, but they need a name before I'm able to put them in the Coli, but I'm not ready to name them; I haven't found a good one, or I just want them to be unnamed for lore/aesthetic purposes! So yes, I definitely support #UnnamedIsValid! :)

Plus, sometimes it's nice to just get into the Coliseum and not have to back out, go through tabs and find the lair page your dragons are on, name them and then click back in to the Coli.
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
Wouldn't a simple solution be to auto-name randomly instead of them being called unnamed at birth? still acts as though they have no name so you can rename them once for free?

It would take care of two problems:
People not wanting unnamed dragons exalted
People not wanting to take the time to name dragons they're exalting
Because they technically "have a name" they can also take away the restriction on coli.

and also, because unnamed won't be the default name, it will no longer be an "unavailable name", so if you want them named "Unnamed" you can.

I feel like that would be a healthier medium than what is going on right now. I really sat and thought about this for a while, and I wonder why something like this hasn't been implemented? Would it be very hard to code?
Wouldn't a simple solution be to auto-name randomly instead of them being called unnamed at birth? still acts as though they have no name so you can rename them once for free?

Because they technically "have a name" they can also take away the restriction on coli.

and also, because unnamed won't be the default name, it will no longer be an "unavailable name", so if you want them named "Unnamed" you can.

I feel like that would be a healthier medium than what is going on right now. I really sat and thought about this for a while, and I wonder why something like this hasn't been implemented? Would it be very hard to code?
Check out my Hatchery!
Click here.
[quote name="Plantcraft" date="2021-08-08 12:32:00" ] Wouldn't a simple solution be to auto-name randomly instead of them being called unnamed at birth? still acts as though they have no name so you can rename them once for free? It would take care of two problems: People not wanting unnamed dragons exalted People not wanting to take the time to name dragons they're exalting Because they technically "have a name" they can also take away the restriction on coli. and also, because unnamed won't be the default name, it will no longer be an "unavailable name", so if you want them named "Unnamed" you can. I feel like that would be a healthier medium than what is going on right now. I really sat and thought about this for a while, and I wonder why something like this hasn't been implemented? Would it be very hard to code? [/quote] This has been brought up, and like most other 'forced' naming solutions, I am not for it. 1. How would this work? would the first name change still be free? How would you know that the first name change was still free when buying a horse, or whether that horse had been renamed. 2. If the first name change isn't free, this would mean that players get stuck with hatchlings named things from the random name generator that they might hate, or have to spend 6K on a renaming scroll for what is potentially fodder (there are some good names in the RNG but there are some bad names there as well) 3. Some people use the default name to sort their lairs in various places. For instance, hatchlings and new dragons all go to the inbox tab. This means that if someone buys dragons for fodder, and hatches nests, they would no longer be able to buy already named hatchlings, and use unnamed to sort out their own hatchlings (this is a hypothetical sitation, but Ibelieve I had seen someone mention this once a while ago) To be honest, every single site I know of has a 'default' name they use for their newly generated pets, and I have never seen any issues with that. One site uses one name for males, and one name for females. Most use simple 'Unnamed' for newly generated pets. While FR doesn't have to follow other sites, and often should not, I don't really see why this should be as huge of an issue as it is, especially since there currently is a solution to the whole 'seeing unnamed on your offspring lists'. People who do not want to name their dragons should not have to name their dragons. Period. It doesn't matter where they got the dragon or why they don't want to name it. I feel that the solution to the 'unnamed problem' is not with unnamed itself, but rather with how the lineage system works and is displayed.
Plantcraft wrote on 2021-08-08 12:32:00:

This has been brought up, and like most other 'forced' naming solutions, I am not for it.

1. How would this work? would the first name change still be free? How would you know that the first name change was still free when buying a horse, or whether that horse had been renamed.

2. If the first name change isn't free, this would mean that players get stuck with hatchlings named things from the random name generator that they might hate, or have to spend 6K on a renaming scroll for what is potentially fodder (there are some good names in the RNG but there are some bad names there as well)

3. Some people use the default name to sort their lairs in various places. For instance, hatchlings and new dragons all go to the inbox tab. This means that if someone buys dragons for fodder, and hatches nests, they would no longer be able to buy already named hatchlings, and use unnamed to sort out their own hatchlings (this is a hypothetical sitation, but Ibelieve I had seen someone mention this once a while ago)

To be honest, every single site I know of has a 'default' name they use for their newly generated pets, and I have never seen any issues with that. One site uses one name for males, and one name for females. Most use simple 'Unnamed' for newly generated pets.

While FR doesn't have to follow other sites, and often should not, I don't really see why this should be as huge of an issue as it is, especially since there currently is a solution to the whole 'seeing unnamed on your offspring lists'.

People who do not want to name their dragons should not have to name their dragons. Period. It doesn't matter where they got the dragon or why they don't want to name it.

I feel that the solution to the 'unnamed problem' is not with unnamed itself, but rather with how the lineage system works and is displayed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Plantcraft" date="2021-08-08 12:32:00" ] Wouldn't a simple solution be to auto-name randomly instead of them being called unnamed at birth? still acts as though they have no name so you can rename them once for free? It would take care of two problems: People not wanting unnamed dragons exalted People not wanting to take the time to name dragons they're exalting Because they technically "have a name" they can also take away the restriction on coli. and also, because unnamed won't be the default name, it will no longer be an "unavailable name", so if you want them named "Unnamed" you can. I feel like that would be a healthier medium than what is going on right now. I really sat and thought about this for a while, and I wonder why something like this hasn't been implemented? Would it be very hard to code? [/quote] I heavily dislike this because I don’t want random names just sitting around in my lair, nor do I want to pay for renaming scrolls. Also I am just fully on Jemadar’s boat here. Why do we have to name dragons if we don’t want to regardless of how we got them or what we plan to do with them. It’s just not fair in my eyes for reasons I stated previously.

I heavily dislike this because I don’t want random names just sitting around in my lair, nor do I want to pay for renaming scrolls. Also I am just fully on Jemadar’s boat here. Why do we have to name dragons if we don’t want to regardless of how we got them or what we plan to do with them.

It’s just not fair in my eyes for reasons I stated previously.
[quote name="Plantcraft" date="2021-08-08 12:32:00" ] Wouldn't a simple solution be to auto-name randomly instead of them being called unnamed at birth? still acts as though they have no name so you can rename them once for free? It would take care of two problems: People not wanting unnamed dragons exalted People not wanting to take the time to name dragons they're exalting Because they technically "have a name" they can also take away the restriction on coli. and also, because unnamed won't be the default name, it will no longer be an "unavailable name", so if you want them named "Unnamed" you can. I feel like that would be a healthier medium than what is going on right now. I really sat and thought about this for a while, and I wonder why something like this hasn't been implemented? Would it be very hard to code? [/quote] This also sounds some nice. (And also means "all name become equal" until they are not against rules) Althought here is a question how someone could know is it fre rename used already or not. But same question uppears if name "unnamed" become acceptable at renaming. I have no immidiate answer here.

This also sounds some nice. (And also means "all name become equal" until they are not against rules)

Althought here is a question how someone could know is it fre rename used already or not.

But same question uppears if name "unnamed" become acceptable at renaming. I have no immidiate answer here.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Lightning" date="2014-03-06 21:31:33" ] I'll dissent. I'd rather see dragons have to have names before breeding, or even upon becoming adult. These are social, sentient beings, going around unnamed makes no sense to me. [/quote] Exactly this. The dom mechanics make so many dragons, for better or worse, into really nothing more than "cannon fodder" but we shouldn´t forget that in their world, they are still [i]beings[/i] interacting with other beings. If this game is to be immersive, we need to think of these "pixel pictures of dragons" as more than just that.
Lightning wrote on 2014-03-06 21:31:33:
I'll dissent. I'd rather see dragons have to have names before breeding, or even upon becoming adult. These are social, sentient beings, going around unnamed makes no sense to me.

Exactly this. The dom mechanics make so many dragons, for better or worse, into really nothing more than "cannon fodder" but we shouldn´t forget that in their world, they are still beings interacting with other beings. If this game is to be immersive, we need to think of these "pixel pictures of dragons" as more than just that.
PWSZq63.png z3FSuck.png
Qboauiw.png
a129Nss.png
ozXwjvF.png
90frr5J.png
1bSJVgF.png
gziv3Ja.png
r8v91MH.png
ekux78o.png
bVV6yhw.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="IamNoHere" date="2021-08-08 14:36:44" ] [quote name="Lightning" date="2014-03-06 21:31:33" ] I'll dissent. I'd rather see dragons have to have names before breeding, or even upon becoming adult. These are social, sentient beings, going around unnamed makes no sense to me. [/quote] Exactly this. The dom mechanics make so many dragons, for better or worse, into really nothing more than "cannon fodder" but we shouldn´t forget that in their world, they are still [i]beings[/i] interacting with other beings. If this game is to be immersive, we need to think of these "pixel pictures of dragons" as more than just that. [/quote] There are so many immersion breaking things in this game that I don't think forcibly naming dragons is justified. May as well remove the auction house to preserve the immersive experience. These are pixel dragons not actual sapient creatures.
IamNoHere wrote on 2021-08-08 14:36:44:
Lightning wrote on 2014-03-06 21:31:33:
I'll dissent. I'd rather see dragons have to have names before breeding, or even upon becoming adult. These are social, sentient beings, going around unnamed makes no sense to me.

Exactly this. The dom mechanics make so many dragons, for better or worse, into really nothing more than "cannon fodder" but we shouldn´t forget that in their world, they are still beings interacting with other beings. If this game is to be immersive, we need to think of these "pixel pictures of dragons" as more than just that.
There are so many immersion breaking things in this game that I don't think forcibly naming dragons is justified. May as well remove the auction house to preserve the immersive experience.

These are pixel dragons not actual sapient creatures.
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
You´ve got a point about the AH -- though I´ve seen people somehow working it into their lore at times.

I must admit, I think I missed the "have to have" part in the post of the person I quoted ^^; Like them, I´d prefer all dergs being given the "basic respect" of a name -- that, and their reasoning, is what I intended to "exactly" agree to.

(now, the rest isn´t a reply stritly to you, Wxlfiez, rather my thoughts more in general:

Forced naming indeed isn´t probably the best idea but on the other hand, the Unnamed/"fodder names" are a problem for many players, a problem they are trying to solve, so I think their desire to find a solution should be respected, rather than given a "Lol, why care so much?/It´s your problem!" treatment.

I´d also like to point out the offspring lists aren´t always fully in the parents´ owner´s control, even if they take care to name all hatchlings before selling them, since they could have, for instance, bought the dragons (the parents) already bred, and with Unnamed offsprings on their lists.

I think that making the offspring lists customizable in some way would ultimately be better for everyone, regardless of their stance on the Unnamed argument -- since there are many other reasons one could want to customize those lists for.

I might go on and elaborate upon this sort of solution in a separate thread later, since it´s a different suggestion - though it has already been mentioned before in other threads, so first I guess I should search the forums not to make a more or less duplicit idea to someone else´s.
You´ve got a point about the AH -- though I´ve seen people somehow working it into their lore at times.

I must admit, I think I missed the "have to have" part in the post of the person I quoted ^^; Like them, I´d prefer all dergs being given the "basic respect" of a name -- that, and their reasoning, is what I intended to "exactly" agree to.

(now, the rest isn´t a reply stritly to you, Wxlfiez, rather my thoughts more in general:

Forced naming indeed isn´t probably the best idea but on the other hand, the Unnamed/"fodder names" are a problem for many players, a problem they are trying to solve, so I think their desire to find a solution should be respected, rather than given a "Lol, why care so much?/It´s your problem!" treatment.

I´d also like to point out the offspring lists aren´t always fully in the parents´ owner´s control, even if they take care to name all hatchlings before selling them, since they could have, for instance, bought the dragons (the parents) already bred, and with Unnamed offsprings on their lists.

I think that making the offspring lists customizable in some way would ultimately be better for everyone, regardless of their stance on the Unnamed argument -- since there are many other reasons one could want to customize those lists for.

I might go on and elaborate upon this sort of solution in a separate thread later, since it´s a different suggestion - though it has already been mentioned before in other threads, so first I guess I should search the forums not to make a more or less duplicit idea to someone else´s.
PWSZq63.png z3FSuck.png
Qboauiw.png
a129Nss.png
ozXwjvF.png
90frr5J.png
1bSJVgF.png
gziv3Ja.png
r8v91MH.png
ekux78o.png
bVV6yhw.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png