Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | sort items by colorway, not item type.
Forgive me if this has been talked to death, as though I am a fairly old player, I don't visit the forums often.

But I felt this needed saying.

As our wardrobes get bigger and bigger it gets harder to see what sets we have because many clothing sets end up being released with all of the sleeves sorted together or all of the torso items, instead of all of the (for example) purple set being sorted together.

It makes it hard to even see if you have a complete set of a garment because we have to hunt down where each item of the set is individually in our hoard.

I would like to make the suggestion that new releases be sorted by colorway, and not by clothing category. It would be a HUGE quality of life update. Even if they couldn't change old sorting, and only did it with new stuff. It would still be a huge QoL thing.

EDIT: adding this here to clarify my suggestion...

I want to be clear I'm talking about hoard view. because the dressing room functionality is great.

I want to be able to easily see if I've acquired a whole set in my hoard because I do not go into a dragon's dressing room to assess my inventory. I do that IN my inventory
Forgive me if this has been talked to death, as though I am a fairly old player, I don't visit the forums often.

But I felt this needed saying.

As our wardrobes get bigger and bigger it gets harder to see what sets we have because many clothing sets end up being released with all of the sleeves sorted together or all of the torso items, instead of all of the (for example) purple set being sorted together.

It makes it hard to even see if you have a complete set of a garment because we have to hunt down where each item of the set is individually in our hoard.

I would like to make the suggestion that new releases be sorted by colorway, and not by clothing category. It would be a HUGE quality of life update. Even if they couldn't change old sorting, and only did it with new stuff. It would still be a huge QoL thing.

EDIT: adding this here to clarify my suggestion...

I want to be clear I'm talking about hoard view. because the dressing room functionality is great.

I want to be able to easily see if I've acquired a whole set in my hoard because I do not go into a dragon's dressing room to assess my inventory. I do that IN my inventory
You can already do this.

In dressing room, dressing dragons from their pages, and in the hoard, you can search by "color" instead of by clothing type.
You can already do this.

In dressing room, dressing dragons from their pages, and in the hoard, you can search by "color" instead of by clothing type.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Have you tried sorting via a to z rather than item ID? Since all items in a color set start with the same name ("Dented Iron Boots". "Dented Iron Helmet", etc), sorting alphabetically should group all items of the same color set toether
Have you tried sorting via a to z rather than item ID? Since all items in a color set start with the same name ("Dented Iron Boots". "Dented Iron Helmet", etc), sorting alphabetically should group all items of the same color set toether
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
Often I find that looking up the prefix used for an item set is more efficient at finding the entire set.

Example: Instead of sorting by the Obsidian color, use the search bar and type "Unearthly". This will bring up every piece of the Unearthly Onyx NOTN set that you own in the hoard.

I do agree that the method of sorting in a dragon's dressing page is kind of annoying though. I'm used to seeing everything sorted from lowest to highest ID, instead it's set to A-Z by default, and I find it irritating. I wanna be able to scroll to the bottom of the last page and instantly find that brand new event item that I got without having to select it manually.
Often I find that looking up the prefix used for an item set is more efficient at finding the entire set.

Example: Instead of sorting by the Obsidian color, use the search bar and type "Unearthly". This will bring up every piece of the Unearthly Onyx NOTN set that you own in the hoard.

I do agree that the method of sorting in a dragon's dressing page is kind of annoying though. I'm used to seeing everything sorted from lowest to highest ID, instead it's set to A-Z by default, and I find it irritating. I wanna be able to scroll to the bottom of the last page and instantly find that brand new event item that I got without having to select it manually.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png

[quote name="neonseas" date="2021-07-31 18:51:29" ] I want to be clear I'm talking about hoard view. because the dressing room functionality is great. I want to be able to easily see if I've acquired a whole set in my hoard because I do not go into a dragon's dressing room to assess my inventory. I do that IN my inventory [/quote] You can do this in your hoard though? At the top of the hoard page by all the tabs is a little search icon, it's normally open by default unless you closed it but opening it gives you the option to actually search through your hoard. You can search for specific terms, by ID, by [i]color[/i], even by apparel slot (head, body, tail, etc). Like unless I'm not understanding something, I think the hoard search functionality is fine and very easy to use to find things in.
neonseas wrote on 2021-07-31 18:51:29:

You can do this in your hoard though?

At the top of the hoard page by all the tabs is a little search icon, it's normally open by default unless you closed it but opening it gives you the option to actually search through your hoard. You can search for specific terms, by ID, by color, even by apparel slot (head, body, tail, etc).
Like unless I'm not understanding something, I think the hoard search functionality is fine and very easy to use to find things in.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
As said, in the hoard, you can search by alphabetical, so you can sort all colors together.

The color search might not be as useful, since it isn't FR apparel colors, but rather FR color wheel colors (ie, you don't search for like the alabaster filigree set, but have to search for a color that particular set might contain)
As said, in the hoard, you can search by alphabetical, so you can sort all colors together.

The color search might not be as useful, since it isn't FR apparel colors, but rather FR color wheel colors (ie, you don't search for like the alabaster filigree set, but have to search for a color that particular set might contain)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm not really sure how people are misunderstanding what I'm asking for.

I want the set to be together in the normal sorting of the hoard view.

any search is irrelevant because when I'm assessing my collection and what I need I'm not searching for each set individually, I'm flipping through the pages of my hoard view looking at what I have. and If I was searching it wouldn't help because I couldn't take a cue from nearby sets as to what is missing from the one I'm looking for.

I'm not even asking for this to work retroactively.

I'm just asking that going forward, color sets are entered into code together so they show up together in the hoard.

currently, it's pretty hard to assess what I do and do not have because the sets are all mixed up with other colors of the same item.

any search is irrelevant because when I'm assessing my collection and what I need I'm not searching for each set individually, I'm flipping through the pages of my hoard view looking at what I have. and If I was searching it wouldn't help because I couldn't take a cue from nearby sets as to what is missing from the one I'm looking for.

I'm just asking that going forward, color sets are entered into code together so they show up together in the hoard.

currently, it's pretty hard to assess what I do and do not have because the sets are all mixed up with other colors of the same item.
[quote name="neonseas" date="2021-08-09 15:41:15" ] I'm not really sure how people are misunderstanding what I'm asking for. I want the set to be together in the normal sorting of the hoard view. any search is irrelevant because when I'm assessing my collection and what I need I'm not searching for each set individually, I'm flipping through the pages of my hoard view looking at what I have. and If I was searching it wouldn't help because I couldn't take a cue from nearby sets as to what is missing from the one I'm looking for. I'm not even asking for this to work retroactively. I'm just asking that going forward, color sets are entered into code together so they show up together in the hoard. currently, it's pretty hard to assess what I do and do not have because the sets are all mixed up with other colors of the same item. [/quote] sorting by alphabetically will do what you want, because it sorts them by name. The issue is that sometimes items are added on to sets and they can't be retroactively added in near the other set IDs, so something like this would mean that there would be no more set extentions. 'normal' sorting is by ID, and I would support the options to set default sorts to what you prefer (so it would automatically be sorted by alphabetical a-z when you view the hoard), so that people who don't like ID sorting can have the sort the way they want. It isn't really a 'search' though it is under that, just the ability to have your hoard sorted differently.
neonseas wrote on 2021-08-09 15:41:15:

sorting by alphabetically will do what you want, because it sorts them by name.

The issue is that sometimes items are added on to sets and they can't be retroactively added in near the other set IDs, so something like this would mean that there would be no more set extentions.

'normal' sorting is by ID, and I would support the options to set default sorts to what you prefer (so it would automatically be sorted by alphabetical a-z when you view the hoard), so that people who don't like ID sorting can have the sort the way they want.

It isn't really a 'search' though it is under that, just the ability to have your hoard sorted differently.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
See I'm not asking for all related sets to be added together. I'm just asking for the golden harvest set (for example) to be added together so that they are listed together in the hoard.

NOT that every harvest set needs to be added together. as long as the color set gets added together I couldn't give a crap whether there are 2 or 20 or 200 items between where golden ends and the next harvest color set begins. the set being together is the important part. so it doesn't affect set extensions at all.

and I understand that it has to do with the item id, which is why I am specifically asking for it to happen GOING FORWARD.

I'm not asking for anything other than that they are more organized with the order with which they enter IDs it should not be any more work than anyone is already doing, just a different priority order.
See I'm not asking for all related sets to be added together. I'm just asking for the golden harvest set (for example) to be added together so that they are listed together in the hoard.

NOT that every harvest set needs to be added together. as long as the color set gets added together I couldn't give a crap whether there are 2 or 20 or 200 items between where golden ends and the next harvest color set begins. the set being together is the important part. so it doesn't affect set extensions at all.

and I understand that it has to do with the item id, which is why I am specifically asking for it to happen GOING FORWARD.

I'm not asking for anything other than that they are more organized with the order with which they enter IDs it should not be any more work than anyone is already doing, just a different priority order.