Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what’s the point of ID dragons?
1 2 3
DISCLAIMER: I collect ID dragons, this is mainly just because I’m curious as to why other people find some value in funny numbers.

I understand people who collect dragons that look nice, or g1s, since their lineages are nice and simple, but with IDs, you kind of have to go out of your way to collect them, and asides from the market for them, there’s really nothing that separates a 8 digit dragon and a 3 digit dragon asides from the date of birth.

So why the big fuss over repeating IDs and low IDs? Is it the scarcity? Or is it somewhat similar to the g1 market where it is just as a flex?
DISCLAIMER: I collect ID dragons, this is mainly just because I’m curious as to why other people find some value in funny numbers.

I understand people who collect dragons that look nice, or g1s, since their lineages are nice and simple, but with IDs, you kind of have to go out of your way to collect them, and asides from the market for them, there’s really nothing that separates a 8 digit dragon and a 3 digit dragon asides from the date of birth.

So why the big fuss over repeating IDs and low IDs? Is it the scarcity? Or is it somewhat similar to the g1 market where it is just as a flex?
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
matching/prominent numbers preddy make brain go dopamine

i'm not an active collector but i LOVE the hype behind certain milestones, and i just love it when numbers match up in a way that makes them visually interesting. it's like, the internal code that marks my dragon as unique is in itself even more unique due to the fact that there are repeats

insofar as low IDs go, those are just "proof" to the exacts of how old a dragon is, and i like saving old dragons, so... i care less about the low ID at that point, but certain ID milestones (1,000,000 and 100,000) are markers of dragons i personally saw when i first started playing the game, so at a certain point you don't get any "younger" dragons than 6-8 years old!
matching/prominent numbers preddy make brain go dopamine

i'm not an active collector but i LOVE the hype behind certain milestones, and i just love it when numbers match up in a way that makes them visually interesting. it's like, the internal code that marks my dragon as unique is in itself even more unique due to the fact that there are repeats

insofar as low IDs go, those are just "proof" to the exacts of how old a dragon is, and i like saving old dragons, so... i care less about the low ID at that point, but certain ID milestones (1,000,000 and 100,000) are markers of dragons i personally saw when i first started playing the game, so at a certain point you don't get any "younger" dragons than 6-8 years old!
Coastline-Sawbeak.png 5OZS7SI.png
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
JvUa9ma.png
oouioVf.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
11efmKl.png
I think it's because once you get to some point in the game, you can get XXY g1s or expensive permababies or whatever, but there's always bound to be a dragon out there that's much like yours, or someone could scatter a dragon with the same colours, etc.

so it's possible that your favourite dragon with no longer unique

but with low and special ids, that id is 100% unique to your dragon and no dragon will ever have that id, so it's going to be forever yours and only yours

also flexing definitely though lol
I think it's because once you get to some point in the game, you can get XXY g1s or expensive permababies or whatever, but there's always bound to be a dragon out there that's much like yours, or someone could scatter a dragon with the same colours, etc.

so it's possible that your favourite dragon with no longer unique

but with low and special ids, that id is 100% unique to your dragon and no dragon will ever have that id, so it's going to be forever yours and only yours

also flexing definitely though lol
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
but yeah I think it's just another one of those things where once you get crazy rich (which I am not even close to yet lol) you have to try and look for ways to keep yourself interested in the game, and this is just one of those ways!
but yeah I think it's just another one of those things where once you get crazy rich (which I am not even close to yet lol) you have to try and look for ways to keep yourself interested in the game, and this is just one of those ways!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
For me, it just looks neat. I find repeating/symmetrical/palindromic numbers visually appealing and they make my brain go yay. Personally, I've never paid enough to consider it a flex (unless you consider spending, like, maybe 30kT max on a dragon to be a flex? My first special ID gateway dragon was a fodder rescue from the AH who I only realized later had a cool ID, so) but personally I go mostly for the more common but still neat-looking cool IDs that rarely get sold for much more than they'd sell for without that ID. Like… I hatched 59895989 from one of my fodder pairs. I think it's super neat that it repeats; that makes brain happy. But I never got any offers for him because of his omgamazing ID; repeating numbers like that are pretty common, as opposed to something like 55555555 or 60000000. He does not look amazing as-is. If I did sell him (I am not planning to do this, this is just hypothetical value brainstorming) I don't think I could get more than fodder price for him. But [i]I[/i] think his ID is cool, and I love him for it even though I'm going to need to play with Flaunt/Flare to find a gene plan that makes me finally take off the skin I have him in. Basically, I don't think you need to be super rich to care about ID dragons; it just depends on which ID dragons you're interested in and how many other people with way more money are interested. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
For me, it just looks neat. I find repeating/symmetrical/palindromic numbers visually appealing and they make my brain go yay.

Personally, I've never paid enough to consider it a flex (unless you consider spending, like, maybe 30kT max on a dragon to be a flex? My first special ID gateway dragon was a fodder rescue from the AH who I only realized later had a cool ID, so) but personally I go mostly for the more common but still neat-looking cool IDs that rarely get sold for much more than they'd sell for without that ID.

Like… I hatched 59895989 from one of my fodder pairs. I think it's super neat that it repeats; that makes brain happy. But I never got any offers for him because of his omgamazing ID; repeating numbers like that are pretty common, as opposed to something like 55555555 or 60000000. He does not look amazing as-is. If I did sell him (I am not planning to do this, this is just hypothetical value brainstorming) I don't think I could get more than fodder price for him. But I think his ID is cool, and I love him for it even though I'm going to need to play with Flaunt/Flare to find a gene plan that makes me finally take off the skin I have him in.

Basically, I don't think you need to be super rich to care about ID dragons; it just depends on which ID dragons you're interested in and how many other people with way more money are interested.
i only have the one low 'low digit dragon' and she was kind of an impulse buy! i was more interested in her being a G1 wildclaw, but i think it's just pretty neat having a 6 digit ID number dragon! at first i didn't really care, but she's gotten to be a point of pride in my lair! and most of it has to do with the fact that her ID number is so low. just feels kinda cool to have a dragon from the semi-early days of the site being around. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/164896][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/1649/164896_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
i only have the one low 'low digit dragon' and she was kind of an impulse buy! i was more interested in her being a G1 wildclaw, but i think it's just pretty neat having a 6 digit ID number dragon!

at first i didn't really care, but she's gotten to be a point of pride in my lair! and most of it has to do with the fact that her ID number is so low. just feels kinda cool to have a dragon from the semi-early days of the site being around.
164896_350.png
lvl25-Hatchery100x100-1.pngSqnIrhs.png
It seems like just a novelty thing to me.

And, I guess it is a scarcity thing. You can eventually breed any type of dragon appearance wise you might want. Can't exactly do much to make a cool numbered dragon appear, other than get really, really lucky (or buy one).
It seems like just a novelty thing to me.

And, I guess it is a scarcity thing. You can eventually breed any type of dragon appearance wise you might want. Can't exactly do much to make a cool numbered dragon appear, other than get really, really lucky (or buy one).
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
For low IDs, I generally really like older dragons that have been on the site longer an managed to not get exalted along the way. It’s neat to think that they’ve been in here for a long time! And that tends to include older 8 digits too. However, the lower number of digits is a good milestone marker for just how old a dragon is, and I like the neatness of smaller numbers that take up less space.

As for special IDs… Sometimes random strings of numbers just look kind of sloppy to me so when there’s on with repeating numbers or a palindrome it’s just very pleasant to look at and less jumbled
For low IDs, I generally really like older dragons that have been on the site longer an managed to not get exalted along the way. It’s neat to think that they’ve been in here for a long time! And that tends to include older 8 digits too. However, the lower number of digits is a good milestone marker for just how old a dragon is, and I like the neatness of smaller numbers that take up less space.

As for special IDs… Sometimes random strings of numbers just look kind of sloppy to me so when there’s on with repeating numbers or a palindrome it’s just very pleasant to look at and less jumbled
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2021-07-29 18:06:35" ] As for special IDs… Sometimes random strings of numbers just look kind of sloppy to me so when there’s on with repeating numbers or a palindrome it’s just very pleasant to look at and less jumbled [/quote] Ah fair point. I guess there is a certain merit to the ‘aesthetic’ value of a nice number
Wizardry wrote on 2021-07-29 18:06:35:

Ah fair point. I guess there is a certain merit to the ‘aesthetic’ value of a nice number
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
I don't really care for special IDs or low IDs personally, but I love trying to hatch for them to sell. I did hatch 70777777 and kept her, for now.
I don't really care for special IDs or low IDs personally, but I love trying to hatch for them to sell. I did hatch 70777777 and kept her, for now.
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
1 2 3