Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what’s the point of ID dragons?
1 2 3
I took an interest in low id dragons not too long ago, because... Because! I just think it's neat to have a dragon who has, despite all the odds, survived exalting, ending up in a dead or locked account, etc. There's also something extraordinarily satisfying about getting one of those oldies and regening with a new look. Just sprucing them up, ya know? There's also something to be said about obtaining a dragon that was hatched in the very first year of the site's existence. I just think it's neat. I only joined in 2018, so it's kind of cool to have some dragons that are much older than my account [emoji=guardian star size=1]
I took an interest in low id dragons not too long ago, because... Because! I just think it's neat to have a dragon who has, despite all the odds, survived exalting, ending up in a dead or locked account, etc. There's also something extraordinarily satisfying about getting one of those oldies and regening with a new look. Just sprucing them up, ya know?

There's also something to be said about obtaining a dragon that was hatched in the very first year of the site's existence. I just think it's neat. I only joined in 2018, so it's kind of cool to have some dragons that are much older than my account
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
They're just neat.

I find 5 digits very aesthetically pleasing and I'd like to have a dragon of everything.
They're just neat.

I find 5 digits very aesthetically pleasing and I'd like to have a dragon of everything.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
Collector moment.
Collector moment.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Romaki" date="2021-07-30 01:38:56" ] They're just neat. [/quote]
Romaki wrote on 2021-07-30 01:38:56:
They're just neat.
7mfPPIQ.png _________
@TheDEV1L | 530294

He/Him | Gryffindor | Virgo | FR+2
As for low IDs, I just like older dragons! It's a great feeling knowing they've been on the site for so long and, as some like to put it, a piece of FR history.
Special IDs like repeating numbers or milestone dragons are, well, milestones- I also enjoy collecting misses as a reminder that I was there to witness the fun with the rest of the community. Also, they're just neat. :)
As for low IDs, I just like older dragons! It's a great feeling knowing they've been on the site for so long and, as some like to put it, a piece of FR history.
Special IDs like repeating numbers or milestone dragons are, well, milestones- I also enjoy collecting misses as a reminder that I was there to witness the fun with the rest of the community. Also, they're just neat. :)
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
Limited number and as time passes they'll only get rarer. A G1 (for example) with a rare colour combo can only have that combo stay as rare as it is, or get more common, as years pass and more dragons with that combo are hatched or scattered for. But there'll only ever be under 1000 dragons with a 3-digit ID, of which only a portion will be unexalted or in active lairs.

The aspect of low ID dragons being around so early in the site's inception is also pretty appealing in itself, feels like you own a slice of history.
Limited number and as time passes they'll only get rarer. A G1 (for example) with a rare colour combo can only have that combo stay as rare as it is, or get more common, as years pass and more dragons with that combo are hatched or scattered for. But there'll only ever be under 1000 dragons with a 3-digit ID, of which only a portion will be unexalted or in active lairs.

The aspect of low ID dragons being around so early in the site's inception is also pretty appealing in itself, feels like you own a slice of history.
I’ve never been a special ID collector, but I do have a derg or two that ends in an even 100, and those two zeroes make my brain go brrr.

But I am fully obsessed with 7dig children- primarily because low ID kiddos are forever going to become more and more scarce as people go inactive, and 2ndly because I like when I hover over them and it says “X years”.

But that’s just my brain! My first “old” dergs I collected were to celebrate a specific day, Nov 24th, 2013, and then it just went from there! I still have my first oldie, Rumi, in my hibden. She’s not valuable or special really, I just love her because of the hatchdate and sentimentality.

And now I’m addicted to UB 7dig G1s and I can’t stop pfff
I’ve never been a special ID collector, but I do have a derg or two that ends in an even 100, and those two zeroes make my brain go brrr.

But I am fully obsessed with 7dig children- primarily because low ID kiddos are forever going to become more and more scarce as people go inactive, and 2ndly because I like when I hover over them and it says “X years”.

But that’s just my brain! My first “old” dergs I collected were to celebrate a specific day, Nov 24th, 2013, and then it just went from there! I still have my first oldie, Rumi, in my hibden. She’s not valuable or special really, I just love her because of the hatchdate and sentimentality.

And now I’m addicted to UB 7dig G1s and I can’t stop pfff
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 9Ts3Q4r.png
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
dMGDDF8.png
They are nice.
They are nice.
digit funy
digit funy
pHCrqjQ.gif
I'm not particularly interested in special IDs but I use to collect low ID dragons. I don't do it anymore though too expensive. For me it was all about the history, back then they could still be found for fodder price sometimes and the market for them was kinda small. My absolute favorite thing was and still is regening them, it's kinda cool prettying them up in ways their original owners could never have imagined when they first bred or hatched them.

I haven't purchased any in a long time though and I don't really plan on buying more, at least not now. I have a good number of old dragons but I've kinda switched to gen 1s at this point simply because it's way cheaper.
I'm not particularly interested in special IDs but I use to collect low ID dragons. I don't do it anymore though too expensive. For me it was all about the history, back then they could still be found for fodder price sometimes and the market for them was kinda small. My absolute favorite thing was and still is regening them, it's kinda cool prettying them up in ways their original owners could never have imagined when they first bred or hatched them.

I haven't purchased any in a long time though and I don't really plan on buying more, at least not now. I have a good number of old dragons but I've kinda switched to gen 1s at this point simply because it's way cheaper.
XABZwLO.gif
1 2 3