Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] Nature x Wind Ideas?
Hey ya'll! I'm new to using the forums so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I've been thinking about my clan's lore lately. I originally joined the wind flight and I enjoyed my time there, but I love nature and plants and jungles so I joined Nature! I miss wind though, and wanna incorporate it in my lore. Thing is, I cannot come up with anything lol

I gotta admit I have been feeling the pull back to wind for awhile. I love the aesthetics of it and it's nature-y enough. It gives me Okami vibes (if anyone here has played that game). But I don't think I will rejoin, at least for now. To be honest, the new updated World Map has kinda turned me off from Nature, it looks more like a temperate forest with misplaced palm trees. I think that's why I can't visualize any lore for my clan, I can't think of any place on the map I'd like my clan to reside in. No offense to the Nature flight or the mods, I love the vibes and colors and aesthetics and I haven't been active in the community but it's very nice here! The map just isn't my vibe.

I can think of lore just fine when I think of moving back to wind, but incorporating wind in a nature clan has been difficult for me. If anyone has any suggestions pleaseeeeeeee send them my way! I'm very into worldbuilding so I need to come up with ideas on how the land connects to wind in some way.
Hey ya'll! I'm new to using the forums so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I've been thinking about my clan's lore lately. I originally joined the wind flight and I enjoyed my time there, but I love nature and plants and jungles so I joined Nature! I miss wind though, and wanna incorporate it in my lore. Thing is, I cannot come up with anything lol

I gotta admit I have been feeling the pull back to wind for awhile. I love the aesthetics of it and it's nature-y enough. It gives me Okami vibes (if anyone here has played that game). But I don't think I will rejoin, at least for now. To be honest, the new updated World Map has kinda turned me off from Nature, it looks more like a temperate forest with misplaced palm trees. I think that's why I can't visualize any lore for my clan, I can't think of any place on the map I'd like my clan to reside in. No offense to the Nature flight or the mods, I love the vibes and colors and aesthetics and I haven't been active in the community but it's very nice here! The map just isn't my vibe.

I can think of lore just fine when I think of moving back to wind, but incorporating wind in a nature clan has been difficult for me. If anyone has any suggestions pleaseeeeeeee send them my way! I'm very into worldbuilding so I need to come up with ideas on how the land connects to wind in some way.
BrwZS5x.png
( @Cablecar ) Welcome to the forums, friend!

Personally, I will suggest this: why not make a Wind-based clan within Nature's territory? They don't border each other on the map, so. Maybe some kind of sky living clan who got blown off course into Nature, got stuck in a tree, and decided to stay because of Wind's laidback, go with the flow nature.
( @Cablecar ) Welcome to the forums, friend!

Personally, I will suggest this: why not make a Wind-based clan within Nature's territory? They don't border each other on the map, so. Maybe some kind of sky living clan who got blown off course into Nature, got stuck in a tree, and decided to stay because of Wind's laidback, go with the flow nature.
sudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gif
SUDOWOODO PARTY
I'm in Nature but my clan travels all over the place like Wind dragons are said to do. Perhaps something like that?

Or, Wind dragons are supposed to favor feathers as treasures. You get some really beautiful birds in jungles and rainforests. Maybe a Wind clan moved to Nature to get those rare, colorful feathers?

Maybe a Wind clan decided that the Viridian Labyrinth needed some bamboo forests too and brought some over? Could do vice versa too: a Nature clan thought bamboo was some really neat nature and brought it over, and recruited some Wind dragons in the process to help learn about the plant.
I'm in Nature but my clan travels all over the place like Wind dragons are said to do. Perhaps something like that?

Or, Wind dragons are supposed to favor feathers as treasures. You get some really beautiful birds in jungles and rainforests. Maybe a Wind clan moved to Nature to get those rare, colorful feathers?

Maybe a Wind clan decided that the Viridian Labyrinth needed some bamboo forests too and brought some over? Could do vice versa too: a Nature clan thought bamboo was some really neat nature and brought it over, and recruited some Wind dragons in the process to help learn about the plant.
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
Thanks you guys! I really like the idea of a wind clan being swept over and just making camp in Nature, overtime just adding more dragons to the clan. I also love the idea of a roaming clan! Possibly to study nature all around and starting a collection to bring back to the Gladekeeper or something. You've given me a lot to think about!
Thanks you guys! I really like the idea of a wind clan being swept over and just making camp in Nature, overtime just adding more dragons to the clan. I also love the idea of a roaming clan! Possibly to study nature all around and starting a collection to bring back to the Gladekeeper or something. You've given me a lot to think about!
BrwZS5x.png
I would imagine they'd use a lot of bamboo and green + orange in their daily lives. Little statues carved to look like foo dogs and stuff? Pinwheels, wind powered machines/windmills, fluttering ribbons and kites strung from canopies.
I would imagine they'd use a lot of bamboo and green + orange in their daily lives. Little statues carved to look like foo dogs and stuff? Pinwheels, wind powered machines/windmills, fluttering ribbons and kites strung from canopies.
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
I have been in Nature for all of my time on FR the 6 months in Arcane don't count because that was A Mistake, sorry Arcanites it just wasn't home :c, but I'm reconfiguring my lore to be such that there is a 60/25/15 split between Nature, Shadow and other-Flight dragons in the inner group that governs the clan.

This all started because I recovered the youngest daughter from my progens' first-ever nest (she's my avatar dragon), and found a somewhat pricy accent that I liked way too much on her. It gave me kind of shadow-y vibes, and I immediately decided that I needed more Shadow dragons in my lair to develop the idea I got. Incorporating more dragons of the desired element and tying them in to your current lore dragons should work to steer your clan into a new direction!

I bought a few old Shadow dragons and made them Chase's adoptive family. They raised her from hatchlinghood, and a few of them followed her back to the Labyrinth when she decided she wanted to see her birth parents. When she chose to stay there, so did those Veilspun who came with, and Chase's parents (the leaders of the clan) welcomed them warmly as they did their daughter.

Thankful for their daughter's safe return thanks to their protection, the leaders granted these Shadow dragons privileges mostly reserved for the Inner Family (progens, their kids & other descendants, as well as trusted out-of-Flight confidants), and they are now a vital connection through which the clan facilitates trade into the Tangled Wood and beyond.
I have been in Nature for all of my time on FR the 6 months in Arcane don't count because that was A Mistake, sorry Arcanites it just wasn't home :c, but I'm reconfiguring my lore to be such that there is a 60/25/15 split between Nature, Shadow and other-Flight dragons in the inner group that governs the clan.

This all started because I recovered the youngest daughter from my progens' first-ever nest (she's my avatar dragon), and found a somewhat pricy accent that I liked way too much on her. It gave me kind of shadow-y vibes, and I immediately decided that I needed more Shadow dragons in my lair to develop the idea I got. Incorporating more dragons of the desired element and tying them in to your current lore dragons should work to steer your clan into a new direction!

I bought a few old Shadow dragons and made them Chase's adoptive family. They raised her from hatchlinghood, and a few of them followed her back to the Labyrinth when she decided she wanted to see her birth parents. When she chose to stay there, so did those Veilspun who came with, and Chase's parents (the leaders of the clan) welcomed them warmly as they did their daughter.

Thankful for their daughter's safe return thanks to their protection, the leaders granted these Shadow dragons privileges mostly reserved for the Inner Family (progens, their kids & other descendants, as well as trusted out-of-Flight confidants), and they are now a vital connection through which the clan facilitates trade into the Tangled Wood and beyond.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png