Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Smaller lair tips?
1 2
i'm very extreme. think, "would you buy art for this dragon?" and take them out based on that. if someone held your dragon hostage and asked for 2kg for it back, would you pay it? is the new gene that matches your current dragon perfectly for 200ktr worth it.
could i just breed this dragon back into existence? remember to match eye color the way you like!
i'm very extreme. think, "would you buy art for this dragon?" and take them out based on that. if someone held your dragon hostage and asked for 2kg for it back, would you pay it? is the new gene that matches your current dragon perfectly for 200ktr worth it.
could i just breed this dragon back into existence? remember to match eye color the way you like!
BonsaiPixels.FR_2xPlanter.png wfuYhNt.gif sale trade lore wishlist

mwa82103691.png
Yeah I just purged a bunch - I've made a rule that if I run out of room I start purging anyone who has no lore. (Unless they have a nice outfit and uma, then i shove them in the non-lore tab)

Nothing wrong with having a lot of dragons! Most of mine are in my hibden, but you gotta work hard for all that space TwT

If you don't want them to get exalted when you sell, can you write or draw? You could see if you could sell them as art dragons like I'm doing with my current purge, or with lore, though I'm not sure how much that sells for.

Edit: Also all the people who are saying that having higher standards helps are right too!
Yeah I just purged a bunch - I've made a rule that if I run out of room I start purging anyone who has no lore. (Unless they have a nice outfit and uma, then i shove them in the non-lore tab)

Nothing wrong with having a lot of dragons! Most of mine are in my hibden, but you gotta work hard for all that space TwT

If you don't want them to get exalted when you sell, can you write or draw? You could see if you could sell them as art dragons like I'm doing with my current purge, or with lore, though I'm not sure how much that sells for.

Edit: Also all the people who are saying that having higher standards helps are right too!
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I throw any dragon I'm having issues with letting go into my hibden. If I forget they exist, I exalt or sell for fodder price.

Doing so I managed to get rid of all my dragons except Klavdia. My Obelisk is probably gonna hit the road soon if I can't decide on genes.
I throw any dragon I'm having issues with letting go into my hibden. If I forget they exist, I exalt or sell for fodder price.

Doing so I managed to get rid of all my dragons except Klavdia. My Obelisk is probably gonna hit the road soon if I can't decide on genes.
fireh5.png
What helped me was making a sort of chronicle of dragons I've let go, whether I gave them away to a new home or exalted them. I made it on an old tumblr url I was sitting on, but a forum thread could do too! Save their scry/outfit and any lore you have. It helps to have that little keepsake to remember them by so you don't feel as bad letting them go.
What helped me was making a sort of chronicle of dragons I've let go, whether I gave them away to a new home or exalted them. I made it on an old tumblr url I was sitting on, but a forum thread could do too! Save their scry/outfit and any lore you have. It helps to have that little keepsake to remember them by so you don't feel as bad letting them go.
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
The easiest way I get rid of a dragon I vaguely like but sits unused in my hibden is when someone asks for it- so maybe making a thread "offer for my dragons in my hibden" or sth similar could help? That way your dragons would go to homes where they'd be used and loved for some time instead of getting yeeted.
Of course, if you don't like seeing your dragons elsewhere, it's the total opposite of what ould help you.
The easiest way I get rid of a dragon I vaguely like but sits unused in my hibden is when someone asks for it- so maybe making a thread "offer for my dragons in my hibden" or sth similar could help? That way your dragons would go to homes where they'd be used and loved for some time instead of getting yeeted.
Of course, if you don't like seeing your dragons elsewhere, it's the total opposite of what ould help you.
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
Don't feel like you HAVE to purge, if you want a big family then go ahead!
Don't feel like you HAVE to purge, if you want a big family then go ahead!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I just counted my lair, and I seem to have 115 permas, 18 I am truly on the fence on, and 107 that are definitely for sale or fodder.

Tbh it was hard to come up with definite numbers because sometimes I decide I don't want a dragon all the sudden and it moves from perma to exalted in about 2 seconds, but oh well....

As for dragons someone gave you, I say hide them at the back of a tab somewhere for a month or so, then look at them again. If at that point they spark any joy or have any true sentimental value (the sort that makes you happy inside with all the memories that are brought up) then keep them. If not, its pretty reasonable to exalt a dragon after having them for a month+, even if they were a gift. At that point take them out of the den or whatever tab you are using and exalt.
I just counted my lair, and I seem to have 115 permas, 18 I am truly on the fence on, and 107 that are definitely for sale or fodder.

Tbh it was hard to come up with definite numbers because sometimes I decide I don't want a dragon all the sudden and it moves from perma to exalted in about 2 seconds, but oh well....

As for dragons someone gave you, I say hide them at the back of a tab somewhere for a month or so, then look at them again. If at that point they spark any joy or have any true sentimental value (the sort that makes you happy inside with all the memories that are brought up) then keep them. If not, its pretty reasonable to exalt a dragon after having them for a month+, even if they were a gift. At that point take them out of the den or whatever tab you are using and exalt.
I will put something here eventually.
I hardly ever buy a dragon unless it’s one I can create an apparel plan for and already have an inkling of a lore idea. If they sit in my lair for more than a week and I still don’t have any ideas, they go. Some rare exceptions are kept in my den and those are dragons I’m still working on (apparel, skins, genes, etc). I don’t allow them to join my main lair until after I finish them. Due to this, I rarely ever do lair purges cause I’m usually completely happy with my main lair.
I hardly ever buy a dragon unless it’s one I can create an apparel plan for and already have an inkling of a lore idea. If they sit in my lair for more than a week and I still don’t have any ideas, they go. Some rare exceptions are kept in my den and those are dragons I’m still working on (apparel, skins, genes, etc). I don’t allow them to join my main lair until after I finish them. Due to this, I rarely ever do lair purges cause I’m usually completely happy with my main lair.
VGxuHXT.png
Most are breeding projects and the other are fodder.
I just...glare at them until I decide how to kill them off.
Most are breeding projects and the other are fodder.
I just...glare at them until I decide how to kill them off.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
1 2