Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | favorite/least favorite things to draw?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Humans are both my favorite and least favorite things to draw. Skeletons also but human skulls are absolute hell to draw. Love drawing monsters too.

Least favorite would have to be anything in a cute style. I can't make characters look cute at all. I started a birthday gift of my friend's crow character and he looks unintentionally terrifying right now, I hate it.
Humans are both my favorite and least favorite things to draw. Skeletons also but human skulls are absolute hell to draw. Love drawing monsters too.

Least favorite would have to be anything in a cute style. I can't make characters look cute at all. I started a birthday gift of my friend's crow character and he looks unintentionally terrifying right now, I hate it.
7ec4d967d09d92be1cbc5502b91700b20e05d1c0.gif 16446.png
+ Nags +
Amateur Artist
Professional Procrastinator
Fandragon Fanatic
16438.png 1eb8ba3e2a6af91adc647d6307f1cc30fa2e6290.gif
Humans, fish, borbs, and intense details are no
I'm more a fox artist, personally
Humans, fish, borbs, and intense details are no
I'm more a fox artist, personally
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
RP friendly (ask about fandoms n OCs)
Ping/PM me if you wish, Idrc :)
Current projects:
Dragon-sona breeding project
Fandergs n whatnot
Moving my lore derg to the hibden and my fandergs to the main lair
ugh i love drawing my one character. He's a harpy and I love him so much.

But like... whole proportions are so hard
ugh i love drawing my one character. He's a harpy and I love him so much.

But like... whole proportions are so hard
64044332-Hoard.png xeDKNxe.png
love drawing faces! especially eyes!! tho i loathe drawing hands n feet....
love drawing faces! especially eyes!! tho i loathe drawing hands n feet....
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
I love faces and eyes! But feet and hands are the worst for me, because i really haven't practiced enough, usually i can take my time and do them right but jeez they're complicated
I love faces and eyes! But feet and hands are the worst for me, because i really haven't practiced enough, usually i can take my time and do them right but jeez they're complicated
bHeX9bv.png
Fav things to draw: my OCs :)

Things I hate to draw: stairs, chairs, cars

For everyone talking about hands being hard, there's plenty of tutorials out there! They're REALLY easy once you understand how to break them up.

As for feet: feet are just long hands with little fingers.
Fav things to draw: my OCs :)

Things I hate to draw: stairs, chairs, cars

For everyone talking about hands being hard, there's plenty of tutorials out there! They're REALLY easy once you understand how to break them up.

As for feet: feet are just long hands with little fingers.
bVVJNGR.png
In Lightning? Join VOLT Teams! Ask me about it!
My favorite thing to draw has to be intricate poses as of lately but it SUCKS having to figure out how clothing should lay when the body is all twisted up plus I really hate shoes
My favorite thing to draw has to be intricate poses as of lately but it SUCKS having to figure out how clothing should lay when the body is all twisted up plus I really hate shoes
i rlly like drawing wings, eyes, and (surprisingly enough) hands. i do extremely dislike drawing hair though. it's just always so messy, i can never seem to get it right.
i rlly like drawing wings, eyes, and (surprisingly enough) hands. i do extremely dislike drawing hair though. it's just always so messy, i can never seem to get it right.
} pings encouraged! i'm subbed to a lot of threads {

} check out my avatar dragon! {

} i forget things easily, please ping/PM me if i haven't responded in a few days {
My favourite things to draw seem to be wings, especially not-too-realistic feathered ones. As well as dragons (mainly Skydancer-type/Imperial-type ones, though, I'm a fan of fur/feathered dragons), horses and animal characters from animated movies and series. I also really like drawing pictures with night or early-to-mid nautical twilight (the time where it's still pretty dark but there's first or last light of the sun visible) landscapes, this one mainly when doing digital art, though.

Least favourite? Generally anything realistic. I rather draw in comics/semi-realistic style and realistic drawing always was a pain for me. And anything that requires more shading than just some simple and basic one, but that's probably connected to the first one. And humans, I think? It's not like I hate it, but it's the most troublesome for me, especially full-body and without a reference (because if I draw a human, it's either an existing person or a movie/series/video game character and looks weird and not really similar when I draw them without seeing a reference, though I actually need a reference for any type of existing character).
My favourite things to draw seem to be wings, especially not-too-realistic feathered ones. As well as dragons (mainly Skydancer-type/Imperial-type ones, though, I'm a fan of fur/feathered dragons), horses and animal characters from animated movies and series. I also really like drawing pictures with night or early-to-mid nautical twilight (the time where it's still pretty dark but there's first or last light of the sun visible) landscapes, this one mainly when doing digital art, though.

Least favourite? Generally anything realistic. I rather draw in comics/semi-realistic style and realistic drawing always was a pain for me. And anything that requires more shading than just some simple and basic one, but that's probably connected to the first one. And humans, I think? It's not like I hate it, but it's the most troublesome for me, especially full-body and without a reference (because if I draw a human, it's either an existing person or a movie/series/video game character and looks weird and not really similar when I draw them without seeing a reference, though I actually need a reference for any type of existing character).
W6LdAlV.gif
DRAGONS and MONSTERS and ANIMALS and especially ones with SHARP TEETH and CLAWS and WINGS and HORNS and and and-

Man I just really love designing monsters okay

Those are my absolute favorite things, but I've been slowly getting better at drawing humans so they aren't as much of a nightmare for me as they used to be lol. I've been obsessed with drawing dragons and monsters since I was a little kid and for a while that was ALL I ever drew.

I have a much longer list of least favorite things to draw just because I never practiced them for a looooong time and now I'm having deep regrets in not doing so. :') Inorganic things like machines and furniture are the worst (especially CARS UUUUGH HATE), just because all the proportions and angles have to be EXACTLY CORRECT or it looks bad and I'm terrible at perspective, which also means I hate drawing backgrounds since most of the time it ends up either a perspective nightmare or some boring static colors because I don't want the perspective nightmare.
I refuse to draw realistic things it's boring and tedious and I hate it and it looks amazing when everyone else does it but it never looks right when I try and I just don't wannaaaaaaaaa
Also been having a really hard time with feet/shoes lately, especially at certain angles. I don't know WHY I've gotten hands mostly down but feet continue to mystify me even when I'm looking at examples and references W H Y

I'm trying to draw more stuff out of my comfort zone lately so hopefully that'll pay off eventually haha.
DRAGONS and MONSTERS and ANIMALS and especially ones with SHARP TEETH and CLAWS and WINGS and HORNS and and and-

Man I just really love designing monsters okay

Those are my absolute favorite things, but I've been slowly getting better at drawing humans so they aren't as much of a nightmare for me as they used to be lol. I've been obsessed with drawing dragons and monsters since I was a little kid and for a while that was ALL I ever drew.

I have a much longer list of least favorite things to draw just because I never practiced them for a looooong time and now I'm having deep regrets in not doing so. :') Inorganic things like machines and furniture are the worst (especially CARS UUUUGH HATE), just because all the proportions and angles have to be EXACTLY CORRECT or it looks bad and I'm terrible at perspective, which also means I hate drawing backgrounds since most of the time it ends up either a perspective nightmare or some boring static colors because I don't want the perspective nightmare.
I refuse to draw realistic things it's boring and tedious and I hate it and it looks amazing when everyone else does it but it never looks right when I try and I just don't wannaaaaaaaaa
Also been having a really hard time with feet/shoes lately, especially at certain angles. I don't know WHY I've gotten hands mostly down but feet continue to mystify me even when I'm looking at examples and references W H Y

I'm trying to draw more stuff out of my comfort zone lately so hopefully that'll pay off eventually haha.
hzM3Sr2.png
rr8xP9d.png
QUIpVFE.png
fdUVIfW.png
Vs2WmBF.png
3adgzZD.png
vmrO2yN.png
ll0CfnD.png
IrmwTXC.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
FR-signature-friend.png