Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Another eye type idea: Nocturnal!
1 2
Loving all these ideas for new eye types (especially Paladin holy guacamole those are gorgeous).

My idea would be a bit of fun but unsure if it's even possible to code. How about eyes that change at a certain time of day? Most animals irl have eyes that glow at night (technically it's a reflection from the back of the eye but details, schmetails). For ease-of-creation this could just be the Glow eye type that's only activated at certain times (whether that be FR time or the user time). Or it could be a totally new eye, maybe just a brighter or glittery version of the common eye type.

Having eyes that change under certain conditions could open the door for many other fun eye things.
  • Cauldron accidents could cause eye blindness for a week before healing (I stole the idea of Blind eye type from this post).
  • Innocent eyes on dragons who are on breeding cooldown.
  • "enraged" eye type for dragons who are currently on a coli team.
I would guess that after the conditions end, the dragon would either return to their previous eye type or be functionally "common" until conditions are met again.

Hit me with your ideas for conditional/short term eye types!
Loving all these ideas for new eye types (especially Paladin holy guacamole those are gorgeous).

My idea would be a bit of fun but unsure if it's even possible to code. How about eyes that change at a certain time of day? Most animals irl have eyes that glow at night (technically it's a reflection from the back of the eye but details, schmetails). For ease-of-creation this could just be the Glow eye type that's only activated at certain times (whether that be FR time or the user time). Or it could be a totally new eye, maybe just a brighter or glittery version of the common eye type.

Having eyes that change under certain conditions could open the door for many other fun eye things.
  • Cauldron accidents could cause eye blindness for a week before healing (I stole the idea of Blind eye type from this post).
  • Innocent eyes on dragons who are on breeding cooldown.
  • "enraged" eye type for dragons who are currently on a coli team.
I would guess that after the conditions end, the dragon would either return to their previous eye type or be functionally "common" until conditions are met again.

Hit me with your ideas for conditional/short term eye types!
Tst6O5g.png > she/her

> FR +17

> Orp0pZe.pngWTUdL1E.png
Oooo like how the coli venues change at night?
Oooo like how the coli venues change at night?
This is good! figure it would be hard to code, but they already have changing things like th world map, the coli venues that change to dark at night, and the few animated fams.
This is good! figure it would be hard to code, but they already have changing things like th world map, the coli venues that change to dark at night, and the few animated fams.
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
I would love an eye that glowed in the dark! Just imagine how cool that would look in the coliseum.

One small thing- there would have to be a warning, when you applied it to a dragon to say that the eye only showed up during [blank] timeframe, otherwise you'd get a lot of confused newbies in the help forums.
I would love an eye that glowed in the dark! Just imagine how cool that would look in the coliseum.

One small thing- there would have to be a warning, when you applied it to a dragon to say that the eye only showed up during [blank] timeframe, otherwise you'd get a lot of confused newbies in the help forums.
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
Support for new eyes types, like a shiny/glowing one to look like night shine. Or a blind eye type. No support for something that changes though.
Support for new eyes types, like a shiny/glowing one to look like night shine. Or a blind eye type. No support for something that changes though.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I’m all for any new eye type that I don’t have to worry about it being barred from me.

So full support here and I think it’s a interesting idea.
I’m all for any new eye type that I don’t have to worry about it being barred from me.

So full support here and I think it’s a interesting idea.
4xTBSTZ.png
Some more quick ideas:
  • Crossbone eyes for dragons that get defeated in the coli. Eyes return to normal after a week
  • Crossbone eyes (but golden) for dragons who defeat ten (or fifty or one hundred) battles in a row, or who win a PvP battle when those get introduced. Change back after a week.
  • Squint eyes on the Summer solstice before return to normal
  • Balloon eyes or something similar for your birthday. Whole clan returns to normal the next day (or when put on AH)
  • Special eyes for after a derg has been on the front page??? Returns to normal the next day.
Some more quick ideas:
  • Crossbone eyes for dragons that get defeated in the coli. Eyes return to normal after a week
  • Crossbone eyes (but golden) for dragons who defeat ten (or fifty or one hundred) battles in a row, or who win a PvP battle when those get introduced. Change back after a week.
  • Squint eyes on the Summer solstice before return to normal
  • Balloon eyes or something similar for your birthday. Whole clan returns to normal the next day (or when put on AH)
  • Special eyes for after a derg has been on the front page??? Returns to normal the next day.
Tst6O5g.png > she/her

> FR +17

> Orp0pZe.pngWTUdL1E.png
Ok, full support, but what would the eyes actually look like when it isn’t night-time?
(Also slightly old thread but whatever)
Ok, full support, but what would the eyes actually look like when it isn’t night-time?
(Also slightly old thread but whatever)
7pFx0Ue.gif
9GBvFvi.png
Oh this is a pretty neat idea!
It'd definitely be more interactive which would be really nice. I really want more ways to interact with our dragons.

The only problem I see, is how would these be different?
Like Nocturnal glowing at night would be really cool, it could add some sort of light gradient over the dragon's entire 350x350 box (could cover apparel that way), and either be tied to FR time or (preferably) local time. If it affects the entire box the dragon is on, that'd differentiate it from actual glowing (could even slap a dark layer over the whole background/profile page for the dragon). But what if you want that effect all the time, not just at night? Is there a toggle to turn the animation off or would that be a separate eye type?

Like I think the idea is really cool, but I'm not sure I'd really want to apply an eye type that only has a chance of being visible (specifically in the case of enraged or blindness, since we don't assign a Cauldron Master).

So like, absolute support for Nocturnal, I think there is a lot of ways that could be altered drastically to make up for only being visible part of the day, and ways to make it an entirely new static eye type that is different than glowing. And I love the idea, changing eye types are really cool! I'm a bit iffy on other changing eyes as individual eye types though, especially if they're extremely limited. Nocturnal would be 12 hours every single day, how often would your dragon be having Cauldron Accidents?

I think it'd be better as a new type of item, like an eye modifier. Something you can stack on top of their usual eye types (and then have static versions that are actual eye types for all the time).
I have dragons id love to have their eyes change during specific conditions, but they have a specific tint or eye type, like Multigaze, to best match their colors that I wouldn't want to be changed just so they can look angry when they're on the coli team. If its a modifier, the original eye type would not be touched and I'd be more likely to use/apply it. And they'd possibly be able to be stacked (different system), allowing the eyes to change under more than one condition.
Oh this is a pretty neat idea!
It'd definitely be more interactive which would be really nice. I really want more ways to interact with our dragons.

The only problem I see, is how would these be different?
Like Nocturnal glowing at night would be really cool, it could add some sort of light gradient over the dragon's entire 350x350 box (could cover apparel that way), and either be tied to FR time or (preferably) local time. If it affects the entire box the dragon is on, that'd differentiate it from actual glowing (could even slap a dark layer over the whole background/profile page for the dragon). But what if you want that effect all the time, not just at night? Is there a toggle to turn the animation off or would that be a separate eye type?

Like I think the idea is really cool, but I'm not sure I'd really want to apply an eye type that only has a chance of being visible (specifically in the case of enraged or blindness, since we don't assign a Cauldron Master).

So like, absolute support for Nocturnal, I think there is a lot of ways that could be altered drastically to make up for only being visible part of the day, and ways to make it an entirely new static eye type that is different than glowing. And I love the idea, changing eye types are really cool! I'm a bit iffy on other changing eyes as individual eye types though, especially if they're extremely limited. Nocturnal would be 12 hours every single day, how often would your dragon be having Cauldron Accidents?

I think it'd be better as a new type of item, like an eye modifier. Something you can stack on top of their usual eye types (and then have static versions that are actual eye types for all the time).
I have dragons id love to have their eyes change during specific conditions, but they have a specific tint or eye type, like Multigaze, to best match their colors that I wouldn't want to be changed just so they can look angry when they're on the coli team. If its a modifier, the original eye type would not be touched and I'd be more likely to use/apply it. And they'd possibly be able to be stacked (different system), allowing the eyes to change under more than one condition.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
[quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-06-29 14:06:21" ] I think it'd be better as a new type of item, like an eye modifier. Something you can stack on top of their usual eye types (and then have static versions that are actual eye types for all the time). I have dragons id love to have their eyes change during specific conditions, but they have a specific tint or eye type, like Multigaze, to best match their colors that I wouldn't want to be changed just so they can look angry when they're on the coli team. If its a modifier, the original eye type would not be touched and I'd be more likely to use/apply it. And they'd possibly be able to be stacked (different system), allowing the eyes to change under more than one condition. [/quote] Love this idea @Stormfly. So their eye "type" doesn't change, just gets modified for a set amount of time based on some kind of external factor. Honestly I wonder if we could even take this further and have dragon modifications not just on their eyes? So on your birthday your dragons are all wearing party hats. And after a cauldron incident there's a little puddle at the feet of your dragon, or a splash across the face. Probably wouldn't want enormous changes that drastically alter the look of your dragon, which would be hard to code. But little additions that act like an impermanent apparel or eye Vial would be a cool interactive feature!
Stormfly wrote on 2021-06-29 14:06:21:

Love this idea @Stormfly. So their eye "type" doesn't change, just gets modified for a set amount of time based on some kind of external factor. Honestly I wonder if we could even take this further and have dragon modifications not just on their eyes? So on your birthday your dragons are all wearing party hats. And after a cauldron incident there's a little puddle at the feet of your dragon, or a splash across the face. Probably wouldn't want enormous changes that drastically alter the look of your dragon, which would be hard to code. But little additions that act like an impermanent apparel or eye Vial would be a cool interactive feature!
Tst6O5g.png > she/her

> FR +17

> Orp0pZe.pngWTUdL1E.png
1 2