Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Another eye type idea: Nocturnal!
1 2
[quote name="AttilaThePun" date="2021-06-29 14:18:49" ] [quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-06-29 14:06:21" ] I think it'd be better as a new type of item, like an eye modifier. Something you can stack on top of their usual eye types (and then have static versions that are actual eye types for all the time). I have dragons id love to have their eyes change during specific conditions, but they have a specific tint or eye type, like Multigaze, to best match their colors that I wouldn't want to be changed just so they can look angry when they're on the coli team. If its a modifier, the original eye type would not be touched and I'd be more likely to use/apply it. And they'd possibly be able to be stacked (different system), allowing the eyes to change under more than one condition. [/quote] Love this idea @/Stormfly. So their eye "type" doesn't change, just gets modified for a set amount of time based on some kind of external factor. Honestly I wonder if we could even take this further and have dragon modifications not just on their eyes? So on your birthday your dragons are all wearing party hats. And after a cauldron incident there's a little puddle at the feet of your dragon, or a splash across the face. Probably wouldn't want enormous changes that drastically alter the look of your dragon, which would be hard to code. But little additions that act like an impermanent apparel or eye Vial would be a cool interactive feature! [/quote] A dragon modifier for the entire dragon? Sign me up! I really like this! Especially the party hats! Id love to see those return on each (applied) dragon's individual birthday too! I know people were asking for some sort of birthday notification and I think applying a modifier to the dragon that will pop up as a party hat or streamers on their birthday would be a great way to encorporate it! April Fools could be an upside-down banner strung up behind them! Could have a modifier to encompass all the fests too, like the water from the cauldron incident for week of the Wavecrest Saturnalia but there's a reflection of Tidelord in it!
AttilaThePun wrote on 2021-06-29 14:18:49:
Stormfly wrote on 2021-06-29 14:06:21:
I think it'd be better as a new type of item, like an eye modifier. Something you can stack on top of their usual eye types (and then have static versions that are actual eye types for all the time).
I have dragons id love to have their eyes change during specific conditions, but they have a specific tint or eye type, like Multigaze, to best match their colors that I wouldn't want to be changed just so they can look angry when they're on the coli team. If its a modifier, the original eye type would not be touched and I'd be more likely to use/apply it. And they'd possibly be able to be stacked (different system), allowing the eyes to change under more than one condition.

Love this idea @/Stormfly. So their eye "type" doesn't change, just gets modified for a set amount of time based on some kind of external factor. Honestly I wonder if we could even take this further and have dragon modifications not just on their eyes? So on your birthday your dragons are all wearing party hats. And after a cauldron incident there's a little puddle at the feet of your dragon, or a splash across the face. Probably wouldn't want enormous changes that drastically alter the look of your dragon, which would be hard to code. But little additions that act like an impermanent apparel or eye Vial would be a cool interactive feature!

A dragon modifier for the entire dragon? Sign me up! I really like this! Especially the party hats! Id love to see those return on each (applied) dragon's individual birthday too! I know people were asking for some sort of birthday notification and I think applying a modifier to the dragon that will pop up as a party hat or streamers on their birthday would be a great way to encorporate it!
April Fools could be an upside-down banner strung up behind them!
Could have a modifier to encompass all the fests too, like the water from the cauldron incident for week of the Wavecrest Saturnalia but there's a reflection of Tidelord in it!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
I like this idea for individual dragons but if it's a thing that effects the whole lair I'd like an opt out. I don't mind the april fools stuff cause that's once a year. But like this year it was fun for 5 minutes and then became so hard to look at I just didn't play at all until it went away. So I'm not wholly on board with stuff like that happening more often. But if it's a thing I can apply to the dragon if I choose to, then it sounds like a lot of fun.
I like this idea for individual dragons but if it's a thing that effects the whole lair I'd like an opt out. I don't mind the april fools stuff cause that's once a year. But like this year it was fun for 5 minutes and then became so hard to look at I just didn't play at all until it went away. So I'm not wholly on board with stuff like that happening more often. But if it's a thing I can apply to the dragon if I choose to, then it sounds like a lot of fun.
jt3PpxV.png
1 2