Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | changing eye colors? [what we think]
1 2
I don’t mind if they have small eyes or if the color matches, but I don’t like if it’s like a pastel cutie with red red eyes :(
I don’t mind if they have small eyes or if the color matches, but I don’t like if it’s like a pastel cutie with red red eyes :(
If the perfect colors are staring me in the face, is it really worthwhile to breed two dragons in hopes you get the same colors as one but with usable eyes?
Yes, if the chances are good per egg.

Should we have an item for changing eye colors?
I'd rather we didn't. It's good to have something visual that indicates element.

Would people hate this?
I figure some would, some wouldn't. Hard to say which group has more influence (I don't know the community that well).

Is it something the devs already said no to?
I don't know.
If the perfect colors are staring me in the face, is it really worthwhile to breed two dragons in hopes you get the same colors as one but with usable eyes?
Yes, if the chances are good per egg.

Should we have an item for changing eye colors?
I'd rather we didn't. It's good to have something visual that indicates element.

Would people hate this?
I figure some would, some wouldn't. Hard to say which group has more influence (I don't know the community that well).

Is it something the devs already said no to?
I don't know.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="@Azulops" date="2021-06-17 09:46:49" ] Adding a item that changed eye colour is lorewise changing the flight of the dragon. It's kind of like how if you're one nationality, you can't just turn into another. The element of a dragon is crucial to it's survival, as if say a egg was relocated, the hatchling would die. I would assume the same thing would happen as a adult. [/quote] Kind of off-topic, but you [i]can[/i] change nationality! Immigration is very much a thing. However, it doesn't change your [i]ethnicity[/i], which is probably what's more akin to eye colors here.
@Azulops wrote on 2021-06-17 09:46:49:
Adding a item that changed eye colour is lorewise changing the flight of the dragon. It's kind of like how if you're one nationality, you can't just turn into another. The element of a dragon is crucial to it's survival, as if say a egg was relocated, the hatchling would die. I would assume the same thing would happen as a adult.

Kind of off-topic, but you can change nationality! Immigration is very much a thing. However, it doesn't change your ethnicity, which is probably what's more akin to eye colors here.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
Honestly I'd like it. I understand the lore around it and why it won't be implemented, but I spend my time saving up to gene each dragon, regardless of whether it is G1 or G2+.
I breed for fun, I dont find breeding for specific color and eye combinations fun, its taxing and a huge risk to lend dragons that might get stuck on another account (whether or not that person is to blame for that, I understand emergencies happen, but thats the problem is it is and will always be a risk).

Given there is no site-sanctioned nest rental service, I would like to be able to change the eye color of a dragon. I'll pay 3kg to change my dragon's element, let it be one element change every 6 months like with flight changes, I dont care.

This isnt something I would use often, but I cant spend several years trying to breed out the exact same dragon but with a different eye color when the only active dragons are all related and interbred. Thats not fun for me, that isnt something I want to do, and thats a colossal waste of time and a massive risk lending dragons that mean a lot to me, and the cooldown for switching flights is way too long to be able to set different pairs on nests.

Edit: I know there was a suggestion for dragon contacts at one point, and im fine with that too. Let it be apparel. That'd probably be easier and cheaper to implement.

There are dragons that mean a lot to me I simply don't want to replace for an exact copy but with a bit different eye color. Id rather that dragon simply look the way I want it to if I work hard enough for it.
Honestly I'd like it. I understand the lore around it and why it won't be implemented, but I spend my time saving up to gene each dragon, regardless of whether it is G1 or G2+.
I breed for fun, I dont find breeding for specific color and eye combinations fun, its taxing and a huge risk to lend dragons that might get stuck on another account (whether or not that person is to blame for that, I understand emergencies happen, but thats the problem is it is and will always be a risk).

Given there is no site-sanctioned nest rental service, I would like to be able to change the eye color of a dragon. I'll pay 3kg to change my dragon's element, let it be one element change every 6 months like with flight changes, I dont care.

This isnt something I would use often, but I cant spend several years trying to breed out the exact same dragon but with a different eye color when the only active dragons are all related and interbred. Thats not fun for me, that isnt something I want to do, and thats a colossal waste of time and a massive risk lending dragons that mean a lot to me, and the cooldown for switching flights is way too long to be able to set different pairs on nests.

Edit: I know there was a suggestion for dragon contacts at one point, and im fine with that too. Let it be apparel. That'd probably be easier and cheaper to implement.

There are dragons that mean a lot to me I simply don't want to replace for an exact copy but with a bit different eye color. Id rather that dragon simply look the way I want it to if I work hard enough for it.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
being able to change a derg's eye colour doesnt sit well with me. it provides a challenge, and it's basically changing a dragon's elements, which i think the devs said is something they wanna avoid, at least for dragon skins. lorewise, if this happened to a dragon, it would prolly die
being able to change a derg's eye colour doesnt sit well with me. it provides a challenge, and it's basically changing a dragon's elements, which i think the devs said is something they wanna avoid, at least for dragon skins. lorewise, if this happened to a dragon, it would prolly die
littlemen.png
1 2