Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bojack Horseman???
So that shows been floating around for awhile and a few people have said I should watch it, but theres also people saying its a pretty deep show? Can anyone give me a little bit more insight? It seems like a pretty cute show?
So that shows been floating around for awhile and a few people have said I should watch it, but theres also people saying its a pretty deep show? Can anyone give me a little bit more insight? It seems like a pretty cute show?
tumblr_psu07vDe6C1wogl4wo1_100.png - She/They/It | Hy/Hymn/Hymnself -
- Adult | Sagittarius | G1 Lover -
- "we go where no one goes" -
Hi! I watched all of Bojack, and it's a really great show! It starts out very light and funny, sort of like a sitcom but with more plot continuity between the episodes. As it goes on, the show becomes more and more insightful, in a way that feels like a natural progression, while keeping some of the more light hearted humour. I do have some qualms with the show, but I don't want to mention them hear just do to what they handle.

Basically, you start out with a sort of generic sitcom character crew, but as time goes, they become more and more fleshed out, and the show gets a bit more philosophical, to the point where it eventually handles more serious issues. Sometimes things can get heavy, and I do mean seriously heavy, but it maintains its comedy statues with moments of levity.

The main character, Bojack, also changes and grows as a person through out the show, becoming a totally new person by the end of it. Even characters that exist as primarily comedic get their moments to shine and show a depth and seriousness to their character that feels like in the older episodes of the Simpsons, where you would be reminded that these figures while designed for laughs, are still intrinsically "human" beings, with thoughts and hopes, dreams and aspirations.

It's a rough journey, and there are some stretches of time where the show sort of forgoes comedy as its central focus to instead handle serious issues that shouldn't be joked about. I don't want to give any spoilers, but if you'd like a list of some of the topics the show eventually touches on, I'd be happy to provide. Because this show does try and touch upon some very serious issues that could be potentially triggering to some viewers. When the show talks about ugly issues, it gets pretty ugly.
Hi! I watched all of Bojack, and it's a really great show! It starts out very light and funny, sort of like a sitcom but with more plot continuity between the episodes. As it goes on, the show becomes more and more insightful, in a way that feels like a natural progression, while keeping some of the more light hearted humour. I do have some qualms with the show, but I don't want to mention them hear just do to what they handle.

Basically, you start out with a sort of generic sitcom character crew, but as time goes, they become more and more fleshed out, and the show gets a bit more philosophical, to the point where it eventually handles more serious issues. Sometimes things can get heavy, and I do mean seriously heavy, but it maintains its comedy statues with moments of levity.

The main character, Bojack, also changes and grows as a person through out the show, becoming a totally new person by the end of it. Even characters that exist as primarily comedic get their moments to shine and show a depth and seriousness to their character that feels like in the older episodes of the Simpsons, where you would be reminded that these figures while designed for laughs, are still intrinsically "human" beings, with thoughts and hopes, dreams and aspirations.

It's a rough journey, and there are some stretches of time where the show sort of forgoes comedy as its central focus to instead handle serious issues that shouldn't be joked about. I don't want to give any spoilers, but if you'd like a list of some of the topics the show eventually touches on, I'd be happy to provide. Because this show does try and touch upon some very serious issues that could be potentially triggering to some viewers. When the show talks about ugly issues, it gets pretty ugly.
xMcM5c2.png
It's quite possibly my #1 favorite show and I along with many reviewers stand by the claim that it's one of the best written shows of the past decade, but I don't necessarily recommend it to many people because it really hits really heavy and covers some serious topics.

It's not cutesy - it's A) very adult, and B) addresses many hard topics about mental health like depression, suicide, abuse, etc. It can be pretty triggering for some people so depends on what you're sensitive to and whether that sort of thing is what you usually watch.
It's quite possibly my #1 favorite show and I along with many reviewers stand by the claim that it's one of the best written shows of the past decade, but I don't necessarily recommend it to many people because it really hits really heavy and covers some serious topics.

It's not cutesy - it's A) very adult, and B) addresses many hard topics about mental health like depression, suicide, abuse, etc. It can be pretty triggering for some people so depends on what you're sensitive to and whether that sort of thing is what you usually watch.
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
Just because half the cast are talking animals does not mean it's "cute." I recommend it if you like absurdist and dialogue-driven humor and can handle heavy triggering topics.
Just because half the cast are talking animals does not mean it's "cute." I recommend it if you like absurdist and dialogue-driven humor and can handle heavy triggering topics.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
DoesTheDogDie has a good overview of some of the content in Bojack, if you decide you want to watch it.

There's good and funny parts, also Todd existing in it at all is something I'm grateful for even if I could have done without quite so many Wacky Hijinx, but it's also quite heavy in places as has been said. I do recommend if to people who are ok with the content portrayed in it though.
DoesTheDogDie has a good overview of some of the content in Bojack, if you decide you want to watch it.

There's good and funny parts, also Todd existing in it at all is something I'm grateful for even if I could have done without quite so many Wacky Hijinx, but it's also quite heavy in places as has been said. I do recommend if to people who are ok with the content portrayed in it though.
raccoon.png
It's an absolutely fantastic show but it deals with some very, very heavy topics. So be forewarned.
It's an absolutely fantastic show but it deals with some very, very heavy topics. So be forewarned.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
It's absolutely amazing. I was previously turned off by the characters and art but I soon became stuck in each of their complicated personal stories.

It deals with extreme topics such as drug abuse, death, self-harm, abusive relationships, etc.

Also, The View From Halfway Down... Just wow. You'll love that episode and it'll leave you feeling hollow inside.
It's absolutely amazing. I was previously turned off by the characters and art but I soon became stuck in each of their complicated personal stories.

It deals with extreme topics such as drug abuse, death, self-harm, abusive relationships, etc.

Also, The View From Halfway Down... Just wow. You'll love that episode and it'll leave you feeling hollow inside.
It starts off somewhat lightly but it definitely makes some deep, dark delves. That being said it has some really wonderful art and story direction and the music is really good. There's a million little details you might catch on a rewatch or if you're observant enough/good with the pause button.

It's not for everyone but a lot of people do really enjoy it :)
It starts off somewhat lightly but it definitely makes some deep, dark delves. That being said it has some really wonderful art and story direction and the music is really good. There's a million little details you might catch on a rewatch or if you're observant enough/good with the pause button.

It's not for everyone but a lot of people do really enjoy it :)
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o8_500.png
i57ulF2.png a
online, but afk
Cal
he/they
FR +0
hi!
I really have no way to describe it besides it being unlike anything i've ever seen. you simultaneously want bojack to face consequences for his actions and to be like, alright. it's very very well-written. theres great jokes.

it is definitely one I wouldnt exactly recommend to teens or younger - i watched some dark stuff at that age but this wouldnt have had as much of an impact on me.

view from halfway down gives me chills just thinking about it. that entire episode was phenomenal.

...on a lighter note, A+ asexual representation and the episode with yolanda's family is THE funniest thing I've ever seen. comfort episode
I really have no way to describe it besides it being unlike anything i've ever seen. you simultaneously want bojack to face consequences for his actions and to be like, alright. it's very very well-written. theres great jokes.

it is definitely one I wouldnt exactly recommend to teens or younger - i watched some dark stuff at that age but this wouldnt have had as much of an impact on me.

view from halfway down gives me chills just thinking about it. that entire episode was phenomenal.

...on a lighter note, A+ asexual representation and the episode with yolanda's family is THE funniest thing I've ever seen. comfort episode
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!