Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Familiar Coloring Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28
More favourites! (See my earlier post for previously mentioned faves.)

Leaf Cat:
@Wookieinmashoo (pg 28) (image)

Buttersnake:
@Smugwing (pg 20) (image)
@Zwynx (pg 22) (image)
@Vergolophus (pg 23) (image)
@Murcifer (pg 27) (image)
More favourites! (See my earlier post for previously mentioned faves.)

Leaf Cat:
@Wookieinmashoo (pg 28) (image)

Buttersnake:
@Smugwing (pg 20) (image)
@Zwynx (pg 22) (image)
@Vergolophus (pg 23) (image)
@Murcifer (pg 27) (image)
2OCJlQR.gifGZOKNVs.gif
tyDhWPE.gifzRAGJjG.gif
jvIhZ9l.gifbVK8CYw.gif
@Fallaryn Thanks :D

Just tell me if you have any feedback for it too, improvements are always welcome~
@Fallaryn Thanks :D

Just tell me if you have any feedback for it too, improvements are always welcome~
s0VUoD0.png
@Fallaryn all hail buttsparkle snek
@Fallaryn all hail buttsparkle snek
op1nbBL.png
D: I read it as familiar cooking contest...
D: I read it as familiar cooking contest...
25tdzx0.gif
@Fallaryn http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu196/zxke/secondgarter_edited-4.png ?

Any thing else you think I should fix up?
@Fallaryn http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu196/zxke/secondgarter_edited-4.png ?

Any thing else you think I should fix up?
lT8rOPb.gif
I just went through the entire thread (whew!) and there are a lot of entries that are really cool but don't really mesh well with flight rising's style. :( FR has very sharp, defined, "cell" shaded colors. Any color fades looks like they've been made via the gradient tool (from what I can tell in the bestiary). I would take a guess that most of the patterns are done with a lasso tool. Here's a couple examples: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/648.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/415.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/403.png[/img] Even though these familiars have complex markings and colors, the colors are blended together with gradients and the markings are all very solid with no color blends. Just a little food for thought, and this is all my opinion and interpretation of the contest guidelines, of course.
I just went through the entire thread (whew!) and there are a lot of entries that are really cool but don't really mesh well with flight rising's style. :(
FR has very sharp, defined, "cell" shaded colors. Any color fades looks like they've been made via the gradient tool (from what I can tell in the bestiary). I would take a guess that most of the patterns are done with a lasso tool.
Here's a couple examples:
648.png415.png403.png
Even though these familiars have complex markings and colors, the colors are blended together with gradients and the markings are all very solid with no color blends.
Just a little food for thought, and this is all my opinion and interpretation of the contest guidelines, of course.
morgan: 31, he / they - art shop
I see that a few actually enjoy my submission very much, but what slothbug said, I do feel like mine is not very fitting to Flight Rising's coloring style.

I just entered for the hell of it, but now I hope that they ask for you to send a PSD via somewhere for further adjustments.

Mine is basically all flats and a color scheme that works well together, but I might be too much of a fan for natural and possible colorations rather than the neon pixie dust fantasy is known for.

But seriously, thank you for the feedback. I was really surprised to become one of some people's favorites.
I see that a few actually enjoy my submission very much, but what slothbug said, I do feel like mine is not very fitting to Flight Rising's coloring style.

I just entered for the hell of it, but now I hope that they ask for you to send a PSD via somewhere for further adjustments.

Mine is basically all flats and a color scheme that works well together, but I might be too much of a fan for natural and possible colorations rather than the neon pixie dust fantasy is known for.

But seriously, thank you for the feedback. I was really surprised to become one of some people's favorites.
Tell me why a piece of cloth costs half a million gold.
@slothbug
That's why I'm hoping, when I have the time, to go in and actually make it a smooth style versus the painterly style.
@slothbug
That's why I'm hoping, when I have the time, to go in and actually make it a smooth style versus the painterly style.
48vur6d.png
Ok I'm having problems, lol. I can't get rid of the instructions that are included to go away when saving, lol. Are they supposed to stay there? I see the pics in submissions with no writing.
Ok I'm having problems, lol. I can't get rid of the instructions that are included to go away when saving, lol. Are they supposed to stay there? I see the pics in submissions with no writing.
@Beaker - I just went back and found yours and dang is it pretty! But I definitely think it would benefit if it matched fr's style a little more. I don't think you'd have to change it too much though! Fab color choices.

@Vergolophus - I think with the shading yours will fit the style very well. :) fr has several natural colored familiars, so they definitely don't have to be ~bright~

@Aten - I didn't know you had a brb?! What a cute little thing
@Beaker - I just went back and found yours and dang is it pretty! But I definitely think it would benefit if it matched fr's style a little more. I don't think you'd have to change it too much though! Fab color choices.

@Vergolophus - I think with the shading yours will fit the style very well. :) fr has several natural colored familiars, so they definitely don't have to be ~bright~

@Aten - I didn't know you had a brb?! What a cute little thing
morgan: 31, he / they - art shop
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 27 28