Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any1 else too competitive for no reason?
1 2
Sooo I'm very competitive and love to try and impress my friends by showing off my cool sportness mmm yes I can shoot the football into the hoop, hole in one!

Anyway, guess what I decided to do? Trip cuz im a clutz and smash my leg into the heavy metal which keeps the volleyball nets on the ground then on top of it roll my ankle

which even luckier me, is sprained :,)

So now Im here with a purple bruised right leg from my knee to my shin and a sprained left ankle

and for literally what.

Who else is competitive when you literally don't need to be

it was goddamn beach volleyball
Sooo I'm very competitive and love to try and impress my friends by showing off my cool sportness mmm yes I can shoot the football into the hoop, hole in one!

Anyway, guess what I decided to do? Trip cuz im a clutz and smash my leg into the heavy metal which keeps the volleyball nets on the ground then on top of it roll my ankle

which even luckier me, is sprained :,)

So now Im here with a purple bruised right leg from my knee to my shin and a sprained left ankle

and for literally what.

Who else is competitive when you literally don't need to be

it was goddamn beach volleyball
In general? No.

With my best friend? Yeah. She and I simultaneously bring out the best and worst in each other, and constantly try to one-up the other over even mundane things. I think the best way to describe it is like an intense sibling rivalry.
In general? No.

With my best friend? Yeah. She and I simultaneously bring out the best and worst in each other, and constantly try to one-up the other over even mundane things. I think the best way to describe it is like an intense sibling rivalry.
Formerly known as Brenning.
You reminded me of high school field hockey. One of my favorites. I'm very small but that didn't stop me from smashing into dudes twice my size and slapping sticks, it was really fun. I usually got thrown from the impact lmao, I didn't mind though. Man I'd love to do that again.
You reminded me of high school field hockey. One of my favorites. I'm very small but that didn't stop me from smashing into dudes twice my size and slapping sticks, it was really fun. I usually got thrown from the impact lmao, I didn't mind though. Man I'd love to do that again.
7ec4d967d09d92be1cbc5502b91700b20e05d1c0.gif 16446.png
+ Nags +
Amateur Artist
Professional Procrastinator
Fandragon Fanatic
16438.png 1eb8ba3e2a6af91adc647d6307f1cc30fa2e6290.gif
It is an unfortunate family trait of mine to be ridiculously competitive. Over the dumbest stuff too.

One time we were hosting a birthday party for a friend's kid. It was a Star Wars themed party and one of their friends had recently also had a Star Wars themed party. The mom thought of changing the theme but we just said we'd out do it. We made a Death Star pinata, set up a cantina, had a Star Destroyer ice cream cake, and we made sure that every child left with a Jedi cloak and foam lightsaber, each customized with their name in the Star Wars alphabet. We made sure every little thing was Star Wars themed. It was ridiculous but we won.

Another time (less crazy) we were having an easter egg hunt. I think it was me and two others? Me and the one person got into a horribly competitive fight that involved us trying to sabotage each other and it probably sounded like we were getting really nasty to anyone who heard us. Then our other friend was just super chill and just picked up whatever eggs she found and ignored us.
It is an unfortunate family trait of mine to be ridiculously competitive. Over the dumbest stuff too.

One time we were hosting a birthday party for a friend's kid. It was a Star Wars themed party and one of their friends had recently also had a Star Wars themed party. The mom thought of changing the theme but we just said we'd out do it. We made a Death Star pinata, set up a cantina, had a Star Destroyer ice cream cake, and we made sure that every child left with a Jedi cloak and foam lightsaber, each customized with their name in the Star Wars alphabet. We made sure every little thing was Star Wars themed. It was ridiculous but we won.

Another time (less crazy) we were having an easter egg hunt. I think it was me and two others? Me and the one person got into a horribly competitive fight that involved us trying to sabotage each other and it probably sounded like we were getting really nasty to anyone who heard us. Then our other friend was just super chill and just picked up whatever eggs she found and ignored us.
[quote name="BunnyUnicorn" date="2021-04-12 21:51:10" ] In general? No. With my best friend? Yeah. She and I simultaneously bring out the best and worst in each other, and constantly try to one-up the other over even mundane things. I think the best way to describe it is like an intense sibling rivalry. [/quote] Yeah I gotcha, Im probably like that with my best friend without even realizing
BunnyUnicorn wrote on 2021-04-12 21:51:10:
In general? No.

Yeah I gotcha, Im probably like that with my best friend without even realizing
[quote name="@Lasagnagsag" date="2021-04-12 23:35:21" ] You reminded me of high school field hockey. One of my favorites. I'm very small but that didn't stop me from smashing into dudes twice my size and slapping sticks, it was really fun. I usually got thrown from the impact lmao, I didn't mind though. Man I'd love to do that again. [/quote] You saying I reminded you of field hockey reminded me of this one time my short friend wanted me to tackle her (Im a very tall person) because she could "take it" Then she went FLYING into the lockers. I swear I didn't push her that hard but she literally went [i]zoom[/i], but its okay she wasn't hurt and we were both laughing so. Hockey and field hockey are actually the only sports I've never tried :O
@Lasagnagsag wrote on 2021-04-12 23:35:21:

You saying I reminded you of field hockey reminded me of this one time my short friend wanted me to tackle her (Im a very tall person) because she could "take it" Then she went FLYING into the lockers. I swear I didn't push her that hard but she literally went zoom, but its okay she wasn't hurt and we were both laughing so. Hockey and field hockey are actually the only sports I've never tried :O
@Korvus That literally sounds like the coolest birthday party ever. Yall really went super tryhard pff

And the egg hunt sounds like a literal mood; I can just picture two people having an intense rivalry then someone chasing a butterfly or something in the background. Which I would say is a pretty good representation of your story
@Korvus That literally sounds like the coolest birthday party ever. Yall really went super tryhard pff

And the egg hunt sounds like a literal mood; I can just picture two people having an intense rivalry then someone chasing a butterfly or something in the background. Which I would say is a pretty good representation of your story
unfortunately? yes

it's pretty much the reason getting into games takes me so dang long, because i don't like trying new stuff in fear that i won't be good at it and impress people

basically my entire life is driven by validation, woo!
unfortunately? yes

it's pretty much the reason getting into games takes me so dang long, because i don't like trying new stuff in fear that i won't be good at it and impress people

basically my entire life is driven by validation, woo!
can't relate- i'm p much the complete opposite. whenever something competitive or high-stakes happens i get all panicky and my immediate instinct is to diffuse the situation or escape so i don't have to watch. my best friend on the other hand is SUPER DUPER competitive. it's an.. interesting dynamic for sure.
can't relate- i'm p much the complete opposite. whenever something competitive or high-stakes happens i get all panicky and my immediate instinct is to diffuse the situation or escape so i don't have to watch. my best friend on the other hand is SUPER DUPER competitive. it's an.. interesting dynamic for sure.
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
With three siblings and having the expectation to be an overachiever and be #1, y e s
Ended up by messing up my legs and knees trying to climb stuff I was too short for.
With three siblings and having the expectation to be an overachiever and be #1, y e s
Ended up by messing up my legs and knees trying to climb stuff I was too short for.
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
1 2