Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A ping when a dragon is featured
1 2
I was wondering if it would be a good idea for there to be some sort of ping or message that would let a user know when one of their dragons was on the front page, and which one. Many users like to know when their dragons are featured, but we can’t always rely on other users to inform us when this happens. I think adding a simple ping to let users know of this would be an easy way to help more users feel the joy of having a dragon featured without causing much trouble in the gameplay. What do you think?
I was wondering if it would be a good idea for there to be some sort of ping or message that would let a user know when one of their dragons was on the front page, and which one. Many users like to know when their dragons are featured, but we can’t always rely on other users to inform us when this happens. I think adding a simple ping to let users know of this would be an easy way to help more users feel the joy of having a dragon featured without causing much trouble in the gameplay. What do you think?
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
No thanks. Just as many users don't want a ping and that would be a lot of pings generated per day, because it changes every minute or two.

Plus, I think it would make the random dragon feel even more like a 'user spotlight' which isn't its purpose. its purpose is just to randomly go through active dragons to showcase what the site is capable of to prospective users.

It also could generate a lot of sorrow when you dragon is featured and you miss seeing it on the front page, because of how often the page refreshes, as well as a lot of pings for players who are away on hiatus and their dragons get featured.
No thanks. Just as many users don't want a ping and that would be a lot of pings generated per day, because it changes every minute or two.

Plus, I think it would make the random dragon feel even more like a 'user spotlight' which isn't its purpose. its purpose is just to randomly go through active dragons to showcase what the site is capable of to prospective users.

It also could generate a lot of sorrow when you dragon is featured and you miss seeing it on the front page, because of how often the page refreshes, as well as a lot of pings for players who are away on hiatus and their dragons get featured.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support since that's the site sending out a notification every single minute. Being featured on the front page has no benefits so there's no real reason to get an alert for it either.
No support since that's the site sending out a notification every single minute. Being featured on the front page has no benefits so there's no real reason to get an alert for it either.
fo11Vhp.png
I agree that it would most likely bog down the site. With a notification being sent every single minute to different players, and inactives, people would not only get unwanted pings but the work in the background could be hard on the site in order to keep it up and running smoothly
I agree that it would most likely bog down the site. With a notification being sent every single minute to different players, and inactives, people would not only get unwanted pings but the work in the background could be hard on the site in order to keep it up and running smoothly
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
No support.

The random dragon only stay on the front page for WHOLE 1 MIN. By the time you see the notification and click on the front page, 99.999% chance it's already long gone. I feel for anyone care about whether their dragon is on front page or not, it'd be more important to know that someone saw it and appreciate it by how it works now (someone drops a comment) then a system notice but no one comments on it.

Also that random dragon feature has mainly for showing how the site can offer, rather than a trophy or achievement for the owner. I'd rather let it stay that way with no extra focus on the owners than it is now.
No support.

The random dragon only stay on the front page for WHOLE 1 MIN. By the time you see the notification and click on the front page, 99.999% chance it's already long gone. I feel for anyone care about whether their dragon is on front page or not, it'd be more important to know that someone saw it and appreciate it by how it works now (someone drops a comment) then a system notice but no one comments on it.

Also that random dragon feature has mainly for showing how the site can offer, rather than a trophy or achievement for the owner. I'd rather let it stay that way with no extra focus on the owners than it is now.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Only if it's optional. Baldwin spam is bad enough.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
In my experience, I already get a ton of notifs every time this happens. 3 or 4 people comment on my profile at once and it gives me a bit of a fright in the moment before I realize what happened. I don't think there's a benefit to having even more notifications for the same thing.

In the ice discord people will post screenshots of a wave of notifs with a fear.jpg type gif even if the featured dragon was just their fodder, so I think it is pretty safe to say this will happen pretty much every time as is.

Neutral on an official notification really but I just dont think it is necessary. If it happens you'll know. There are a couple thousand ppl online at all times and at least one's going to happen to see it and leave a note.
In my experience, I already get a ton of notifs every time this happens. 3 or 4 people comment on my profile at once and it gives me a bit of a fright in the moment before I realize what happened. I don't think there's a benefit to having even more notifications for the same thing.

In the ice discord people will post screenshots of a wave of notifs with a fear.jpg type gif even if the featured dragon was just their fodder, so I think it is pretty safe to say this will happen pretty much every time as is.

Neutral on an official notification really but I just dont think it is necessary. If it happens you'll know. There are a couple thousand ppl online at all times and at least one's going to happen to see it and leave a note.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-03-16 17:29:59" ] Only if it's optional. Baldwin spam is bad enough. [/quote] This. No adding any more notifications until we can manage the ones we already have.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-03-16 17:29:59:

This. No adding any more notifications until we can manage the ones we already have.
No, thank you. Tbh I couldn't care less if any of my dragons are featured and would rather not have a ping if one was. Not to mention site performance issues.
No, thank you. Tbh I couldn't care less if any of my dragons are featured and would rather not have a ping if one was. Not to mention site performance issues.
I prefer the user system of telling others when we feel like it. Makes the alerts rarer so more special <3
I prefer the user system of telling others when we feel like it. Makes the alerts rarer so more special <3
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
1 2