Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why use Scroll of Eternal Youth??
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
[quote name="Bogsneak" date="2018-11-23 09:59:58" ] I mean, with this logic, why buy apparels? Why buy skins and accents? Why buy gene scrolls? It's all cosmetics. It isn't a waste if people like it. [/quote] bam
Bogsneak wrote on 2018-11-23 09:59:58:
I mean, with this logic, why buy apparels? Why buy skins and accents? Why buy gene scrolls? It's all cosmetics. It isn't a waste if people like it.
bam
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
[quote name="Hyllin" date="2021-02-28 07:06:40" ] @LauraLacework if you want to make them back into an adult there's a scroll for it in the gem marketplace. I don't remember the name but I think it's 200 gems Personally I think they look very cute as a hatchling [/quote] Thank you for responding dear! While i agree hatchlings are cute, they really need to make the "eternally youthful" thing more obvious in the AH. I know all the commenters here are like, "because cute and lore, blah blah blah" (which to me is rather weird) not all of us want to be jilted by buying one of these in the AH. Now I have to wait until I have enough gems to change this dragon. This dragon is going to cost me more than it was supposed to.
Hyllin wrote on 2021-02-28 07:06:40:
@LauraLacework
if you want to make them back into an adult there's a scroll for it in the gem marketplace. I don't remember the name but I think it's 200 gems

Personally I think they look very cute as a hatchling

Thank you for responding dear! While i agree hatchlings are cute, they really need to make the "eternally youthful" thing more obvious in the AH. I know all the commenters here are like, "because cute and lore, blah blah blah" (which to me is rather weird) not all of us want to be jilted by buying one of these in the AH. Now I have to wait until I have enough gems to change this dragon. This dragon is going to cost me more than it was supposed to.
@Lauralacework This is a necro :/
@Lauralacework This is a necro :/
3UUXp8G.png
@Isyrii
Your point?
@Isyrii
Your point?
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
It’s okay if it’s a necro so long as the discussion has valid additions, and imo the nature of this discussion isn’t something that’s time sensitive. Folks have different reasons for wanting or not wanting perma- babies. As for making youths more obvious... there’s a specific icon usually located by the element and breeding cool down icons that indicates whether the scroll has been used. Though typically these dragons are MUCH more expensive than they would be otherwise as folks tend to include the scroll cost in the price... so that should be an indicator too. Regardless a scroll of Maturity will revert it. [emoji=eternal youth size=1] = eternal youth’d. On the AH this icon is grayed out. [emoji=breeding cooldown size=1] = breeding cooldown. Not ready to breed. This is not grayed out.
It’s okay if it’s a necro so long as the discussion has valid additions, and imo the nature of this discussion isn’t something that’s time sensitive. Folks have different reasons for wanting or not wanting perma- babies.

As for making youths more obvious... there’s a specific icon usually located by the element and breeding cool down icons that indicates whether the scroll has been used. Though typically these dragons are MUCH more expensive than they would be otherwise as folks tend to include the scroll cost in the price... so that should be an indicator too. Regardless a scroll of Maturity will revert it.

= eternal youth’d. On the AH this icon is grayed out.

= breeding cooldown. Not ready to breed. This is not grayed out.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
oh! i have youth dragons because some dragons genuinely do not work otherwise, example 1: warrior: babey, work: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50297461][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/502975/50297461_350.png[/img][/url] adult, does not work: (the eyes are barely distinguished) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=10&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=49&tertgene=24&winggene=5&wings=131&auth=f368f564c16d1e7e0b47dfee11f1e021140e0232&dummyext=prev.png[/img] example 2. sacrifice: babey, works: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54652884][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/546529/54652884_350.png[/img][/url] adult, does not work: (do i have to say anything?) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=161&tertgene=14&winggene=20&wings=121&auth=0d98c6e4429c2f10d9de9e1ff9380bc4f37e06ba&dummyext=prev.png[/img] i could go on and on.... besides, i was never gonna breed these dragons, or use 'em for battle, so why not youth them?
oh! i have youth dragons because some dragons genuinely do not work otherwise,
example 1:
warrior:
babey, work:
50297461_350.png
adult, does not work: (the eyes are barely distinguished)
dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=10&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=49&tertgene=24&winggene=5&wings=131&auth=f368f564c16d1e7e0b47dfee11f1e021140e0232&dummyext=prev.png
example 2.
sacrifice:
babey, works:
54652884_350.png
adult, does not work: (do i have to say anything?)
dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=161&tertgene=14&winggene=20&wings=121&auth=0d98c6e4429c2f10d9de9e1ff9380bc4f37e06ba&dummyext=prev.png
i could go on and on....
besides, i was never gonna breed these dragons, or use 'em for battle, so why not youth them?
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
I've used the scroll three times, twice on coatls and once on a gaoler. Coatls because I prefer the baby coatl model over the adult one, especially the female one.
Then the gaoler because of a lore idea I had that I thought would be really cool. (You can find it here)

Sometimes it either works better with the lore, or it just looks cute.

I've used the scroll three times, twice on coatls and once on a gaoler. Coatls because I prefer the baby coatl model over the adult one, especially the female one.
Then the gaoler because of a lore idea I had that I thought would be really cool. (You can find it here)

Sometimes it either works better with the lore, or it just looks cute.

hehe_good_evening.gif
»CTRL«
dsmp fandragons
wishlist
mlHpBMC.png
AV7XCe1.png
GFeO9bR.png
M2GDK40.png
tb2lvGT.png
IrrC5OJ.png
Used to be FishyDishy blinking_cursor.gif
If you have hundreds of dragons you may as well have one eternal hatchling because they're cute. Especially now they just highlight primal eyes so much better.
If you have hundreds of dragons you may as well have one eternal hatchling because they're cute. Especially now they just highlight primal eyes so much better.
Because it’s cute? Because some people like the hatchling poses? Maybe they have a reason for that dragon to be eternally youthful in their lore? Just because a dragon can’t breed or fight doesn’t make it useless :/ [quote name="Blackvine" date="2021-02-28 07:45:55" ] @Isyrii Your point? [/quote] Their point is that it’s against the rules to necro a thread.
Because it’s cute? Because some people like the hatchling poses? Maybe they have a reason for that dragon to be eternally youthful in their lore? Just because a dragon can’t breed or fight doesn’t make it useless :/
Blackvine wrote on 2021-02-28 07:45:55:
@Isyrii
Your point?

Their point is that it’s against the rules to necro a thread.
I think it's funny they didn't look at the date on this thread when they came to complain about not looking at the hatchling they bought.
I think it's funny they didn't look at the date on this thread when they came to complain about not looking at the hatchling they bought.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17