Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | An Auto-fight coli feature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:16:47" ] @Jessyta - This is a game. The "economy" is virtual (not real) and the players create it as they choose over time. They create it by charging prices in the AH for things that people need for other things that people need. So..no...the FR economy will not be affected by a button, it is only affected by people and the choices they make.[/quote]It will be affected because if people can both obtain coli drops and level dragons without spending time on the site, that will mean more site-created treasure circulates (as coli drops can be hoard sold, and leveled dragons can be exalted for money) More money in circulation impacts the site economy. Being a virtual economy is irrelevant. [quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:16:47" ] You spend countless time in the coli...then you have to spend time to go post things in the AH...only to spend time waiting for something to sell.[/quote]Only if you [b]choose[/b] to sell to others. You do not have to do this. [quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:16:47" ]Eventually, you just decide to spend real money to buy gems because it wastes less of your time and you can use that time working on your dragons instead...which is way less boring. [/quote] Cool, the site needs real money to survive... making this yet another reason not to have an auto-play feature.
TurtleSkittles wrote on 2021-02-24 12:16:47:
@Jessyta - This is a game. The "economy" is virtual (not real) and the players create it as they choose over time. They create it by charging prices in the AH for things that people need for other things that people need. So..no...the FR economy will not be affected by a button, it is only affected by people and the choices they make.
It will be affected because if people can both obtain coli drops and level dragons without spending time on the site, that will mean more site-created treasure circulates (as coli drops can be hoard sold, and leveled dragons can be exalted for money)

More money in circulation impacts the site economy. Being a virtual economy is irrelevant.
You spend countless time in the coli...then you have to spend time to go post things in the AH...only to spend time waiting for something to sell.
Only if you choose to sell to others. You do not have to do this.
Eventually, you just decide to spend real money to buy gems because it wastes less of your time and you can use that time working on your dragons instead...which is way less boring.
Cool, the site needs real money to survive... making this yet another reason not to have an auto-play feature.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:16:47" ] @mangoe01 - An auto button provided by the game itself is not like using a bot. It is an OFFICIAL auto button that the creators of the game put on the site. It is not a third party outside app. @Jessyta - This is a game. The "economy" is virtual (not real) and the players create it as they choose over time. They create it by charging prices in the AH for things that people need for other things that people need. So..no...the FR economy will not be affected by a button, it is only affected by people and the choices they make. I have given people items that I didn't need many times for free just to help them out so they don't have to pay unreasonable prices in the AH. Obviously...I don't care about an "economy" that isn't even real. I prefer it if people can play the game and have fun with it. If an auto buttons helps them, I don't see an issue. If we put the coli in terms of REAL money: Spending an hour on the coli DOES NOT drop enough useful stuff to be comparable to a minimum wage job that would pay you real money for working for an hour. You don't even get gems directly from the coli. You spend countless time in the coli...then you have to spend time to go post things in the AH...only to spend time waiting for something to sell. So..that one hour has now turned into way too many hours for.........???? Eventually, you just decide to spend real money to buy gems because it wastes less of your time and you can use that time working on your dragons instead...which is way less boring. [/quote] A auto button provided by the game itself is EXACTLY like using a bot, if it does the same thing that a bot does. Also, [i]your[/i] play style may not be affected by a massive influx of coli items into the game causing significant price changes, but lots of people would be. Why do you want to make them have less fun just so that you don’t have to put in any effort?
@mangoe01 - An auto button provided by the game itself is not like using a bot. It is an OFFICIAL auto button that the creators of the game put on the site. It is not a third party outside app.

@Jessyta - This is a game. The "economy" is virtual (not real) and the players create it as they choose over time. They create it by charging prices in the AH for things that people need for other things that people need. So..no...the FR economy will not be affected by a button, it is only affected by people and the choices they make. I have given people items that I didn't need many times for free just to help them out so they don't have to pay unreasonable prices in the AH. Obviously...I don't care about an "economy" that isn't even real. I prefer it if people can play the game and have fun with it. If an auto buttons helps them, I don't see an issue.

If we put the coli in terms of REAL money: Spending an hour on the coli DOES NOT drop enough useful stuff to be comparable to a minimum wage job that would pay you real money for working for an hour. You don't even get gems directly from the coli. You spend countless time in the coli...then you have to spend time to go post things in the AH...only to spend time waiting for something to sell. So..that one hour has now turned into way too many hours for.........???? Eventually, you just decide to spend real money to buy gems because it wastes less of your time and you can use that time working on your dragons instead...which is way less boring.

A auto button provided by the game itself is EXACTLY like using a bot, if it does the same thing that a bot does.

Also, your play style may not be affected by a massive influx of coli items into the game causing significant price changes, but lots of people would be. Why do you want to make them have less fun just so that you don’t have to put in any effort?
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Just because the economy is 'fake' doesn't mean that it doesn't matter in terms of the game. By that measure, then no one *needs* any items from the coliseum, because they are all virtual, and therefore not real.

If you prefer it that people play the game and have fun, then you should care about the economy, because there are people who play and have fun 'playing the economy' aspect of the game. Just as there are people who like long term breeding projects and other people, like me, who just want to go to the AH and buy what I want instead of having to wait months to have my project bear fruit.

Also, if you want people to 'play' the game, then you shouldn't want an autobattler, because that isn't playing the game. That is having the game play it for you. It also doesn't matter who creates it, it is still playing the game for you.

Also, the economy absolutely *will* be affected, because the people who choose to use the autobot, no matter how limited, will affect the economy. They won't be buying from people who play the game as intended. They will be putting excess items they want on the AH. They will be getting more money from hoard selling, which in turns leads to inflation. They will be adding more copies of rare items.

All those will affect the economy, and the game as a whole. Because part of the game is about the economy. It is why we can buy and sell dragons, why we can buy and sell items on the AH, why we have an marketplace. Just because some people don't like the Economy portion of the game doesn't mean it should be tanked. Just like, just because some people dislike the eye update doesn't mean it should be removed, or the coliseum removed because some people dislike it, or G&G removed.

Not everyone is going to like all aspects of the site, and that is fine. But that doesn't mean that just because they dislike that aspect, there is something wrong with it, and that it should be carelessly tossed aside.
Just because the economy is 'fake' doesn't mean that it doesn't matter in terms of the game. By that measure, then no one *needs* any items from the coliseum, because they are all virtual, and therefore not real.

If you prefer it that people play the game and have fun, then you should care about the economy, because there are people who play and have fun 'playing the economy' aspect of the game. Just as there are people who like long term breeding projects and other people, like me, who just want to go to the AH and buy what I want instead of having to wait months to have my project bear fruit.

Also, if you want people to 'play' the game, then you shouldn't want an autobattler, because that isn't playing the game. That is having the game play it for you. It also doesn't matter who creates it, it is still playing the game for you.

Also, the economy absolutely *will* be affected, because the people who choose to use the autobot, no matter how limited, will affect the economy. They won't be buying from people who play the game as intended. They will be putting excess items they want on the AH. They will be getting more money from hoard selling, which in turns leads to inflation. They will be adding more copies of rare items.

All those will affect the economy, and the game as a whole. Because part of the game is about the economy. It is why we can buy and sell dragons, why we can buy and sell items on the AH, why we have an marketplace. Just because some people don't like the Economy portion of the game doesn't mean it should be tanked. Just like, just because some people dislike the eye update doesn't mean it should be removed, or the coliseum removed because some people dislike it, or G&G removed.

Not everyone is going to like all aspects of the site, and that is fine. But that doesn't mean that just because they dislike that aspect, there is something wrong with it, and that it should be carelessly tossed aside.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
In other words:

If less people have access to the coli, then people can charge higher prices in the AH for items. Therefore, people who want to charge higher prices would prefer if other people did not have access to the coli so it does not affect their own economy.

So...since this is now a discussion on destroying the FR economy, I have another suggestion to do that.

Remove the AH and give each member their own shop to sell dragons and items in. People could customize their shops and all kinds of fun things that would ruin the FR "economy".
In other words:

If less people have access to the coli, then people can charge higher prices in the AH for items. Therefore, people who want to charge higher prices would prefer if other people did not have access to the coli so it does not affect their own economy.

So...since this is now a discussion on destroying the FR economy, I have another suggestion to do that.

Remove the AH and give each member their own shop to sell dragons and items in. People could customize their shops and all kinds of fun things that would ruin the FR "economy".
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:43:24" ] Remove the AH and give each member their own shop to sell dragons and items in. People could customize their shops and all kinds of fun things that would ruin the FR "economy". [/quote] Hasn't the AH been around since the beginning of FR, though? Also, how would player run shops be any different than the AH. It would just mean more of a hassle to sell and buy things. Plus there are already many player run "shops" in the Items for Sale forum and other forums.
TurtleSkittles wrote on 2021-02-24 12:43:24:

Hasn't the AH been around since the beginning of FR, though? Also, how would player run shops be any different than the AH. It would just mean more of a hassle to sell and buy things. Plus there are already many player run "shops" in the Items for Sale forum and other forums.
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 11:23:27" ] If they go through the coli 10 times each day....it NO WAY affects the grinders who are throwing negative comments towards me for supporting a FAIR idea that would allow EVERYONE an OPTION.[/quote] Incorrect. Something that would affect the economy this drastically would affect EVERYONE. Everyone finds their niche to making money here. Grinding, breeding, exalting, art, writing, whatever. What you're suggesting would essentially take that niche away from the folks that grind. Because now no one pays them for their services. Now the money they make grinding is worth [i]significantly[/i] less, because when you flood an economy, virtual or not, with currency, it inflates the prices. [quote]Eventually, you just decide to spend real money to buy gems[/quote] Yeah, good luck ever affording gem items without dropping real-world money on for gems if you tank the treasure economy. Gems are worth, what, about 1600t right now? But if everyone can just have the coli automatically grind for them, well now everyone can make several hundred thousand in exalted dragons and insta-sell items without doing very much at all. So you flood the market, and now gems cost 10x that easily. Oh, and hey, maybe you could've sold stuff on the auction house if you got some Really Good Drops. Only problem is, everyone else is getting those Really Good Drops too. Because now you don't have to grind for them, you just press a button and let the game do it's thing, and money and familiars and coli-exclusives drop out what you do nothing. So....now those are all worthless too. I don't understand why you believe this is fair? By your logic, we should just be given whatever we ask on this site without doing anything at all, except maybe pushing a button. If you don't want to grind, fine. You don't have to. Find some other way to make money. But if you just want a way to make money without doing [i]anything[/i]...then I'm sorry, that's not fair to the other players, or, possibly more importantly, the game developers who actually are running a real world business here.
TurtleSkittles wrote on 2021-02-24 11:23:27:
If they go through the coli 10 times each day....it NO WAY affects the grinders who are throwing negative comments towards me for supporting a FAIR idea that would allow EVERYONE an OPTION.

Incorrect. Something that would affect the economy this drastically would affect EVERYONE.

Everyone finds their niche to making money here. Grinding, breeding, exalting, art, writing, whatever.

What you're suggesting would essentially take that niche away from the folks that grind. Because now no one pays them for their services. Now the money they make grinding is worth significantly less, because when you flood an economy, virtual or not, with currency, it inflates the prices.

Quote:
Eventually, you just decide to spend real money to buy gems

Yeah, good luck ever affording gem items without dropping real-world money on for gems if you tank the treasure economy.

Gems are worth, what, about 1600t right now? But if everyone can just have the coli automatically grind for them, well now everyone can make several hundred thousand in exalted dragons and insta-sell items without doing very much at all. So you flood the market, and now gems cost 10x that easily.

Oh, and hey, maybe you could've sold stuff on the auction house if you got some Really Good Drops.

Only problem is, everyone else is getting those Really Good Drops too. Because now you don't have to grind for them, you just press a button and let the game do it's thing, and money and familiars and coli-exclusives drop out what you do nothing.

So....now those are all worthless too.

I don't understand why you believe this is fair?

By your logic, we should just be given whatever we ask on this site without doing anything at all, except maybe pushing a button.

If you don't want to grind, fine. You don't have to. Find some other way to make money.

But if you just want a way to make money without doing anything...then I'm sorry, that's not fair to the other players, or, possibly more importantly, the game developers who actually are running a real world business here.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:43:24" ] Remove the AH and give each member their own shop to sell dragons and items in. People could customize their shops and all kinds of fun things that would ruin the FR "economy". [/quote] Oh my lord, that sounds exhausting, no. People ALREADY customize their shops if they want to--check out any hatchery page. But the nice thing about the AH is...I can just sell dragons WITHOUT having to do all that. Sheesh, playing coli, which you can do while watching tv or basically anything that lets you sit, is too much effort for you, but building your individual shop and hoping that people come to that, rather than the 100,000 other shops around isn't? I don't get you. At all. How on earth would that help anyone? If you want your custom shop, absolutely nothing is stopping you from making a hatchery page. You don't have to solely rely on the Auction House.

Oh my lord, that sounds exhausting, no.

People ALREADY customize their shops if they want to--check out any hatchery page.

But the nice thing about the AH is...I can just sell dragons WITHOUT having to do all that.

Sheesh, playing coli, which you can do while watching tv or basically anything that lets you sit, is too much effort for you, but building your individual shop and hoping that people come to that, rather than the 100,000 other shops around isn't?

I don't get you. At all.

How on earth would that help anyone?

If you want your custom shop, absolutely nothing is stopping you from making a hatchery page. You don't have to solely rely on the Auction House.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Trix" date="2021-02-24 13:01:35" ] [quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 12:43:24" ] Remove the AH and give each member their own shop to sell dragons and items in. People could customize their shops and all kinds of fun things that would ruin the FR "economy". [/quote] Oh my lord, that sounds exhausting, no. People ALREADY customize their shops if they want to--check out any hatchery page. But the nice thing about the AH is...I can just sell dragons WITHOUT having to do all that. Sheesh, playing coli, which you can do while watching tv or basically anything that lets you sit, is too much effort for you, but building your individual shop and hoping that people come to that, rather than the 100,000 other shops around isn't? I don't get you. At all. How on earth would that help anyone? If you want your custom shop, absolutely nothing is stopping you from making a hatchery page. You don't have to solely rely on the Auction House. [/quote] The thing that's nice about the AH is that no player to player interaction is necessary. Users who are shy or nervous about talking to others don't have to do so to sell their items or dragons. Player run shops would force people to use the forums (I'm assuming that's where the shops would be run) and many aren't comfortable doing so.
Trix wrote on 2021-02-24 13:01:35:

Oh my lord, that sounds exhausting, no.

People ALREADY customize their shops if they want to--check out any hatchery page.

But the nice thing about the AH is...I can just sell dragons WITHOUT having to do all that.

Sheesh, playing coli, which you can do while watching tv or basically anything that lets you sit, is too much effort for you, but building your individual shop and hoping that people come to that, rather than the 100,000 other shops around isn't?

I don't get you. At all.

How on earth would that help anyone?

If you want your custom shop, absolutely nothing is stopping you from making a hatchery page. You don't have to solely rely on the Auction House.

The thing that's nice about the AH is that no player to player interaction is necessary. Users who are shy or nervous about talking to others don't have to do so to sell their items or dragons. Player run shops would force people to use the forums (I'm assuming that's where the shops would be run) and many aren't comfortable doing so.
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
I have changed my mind....

Now I support removing the coli all together.

If allowing everyone access by adding an auto button is such a problem, then the coli is a bad thing for FR in general. No more time should be wasted on trying to make it better for people, it should just be removed. I am sure the devs could find a suitable replacement for the coli...which is obviously a very catastrophic problem in the game. I do think adding an auto button would be more beneficial...but...ya know..it is apparently a huge issue.

Buttons and access should not cause people to become so angry....it is a problem.

This is ridiculous.......I have better things to do. You all have fun fighting over a button...and whatever not real things you want to fight about.

If allowing everyone access by adding an auto button is such a problem, then the coli is a bad thing for FR in general. No more time should be wasted on trying to make it better for people, it should just be removed. I am sure the devs could find a suitable replacement for the coli...which is obviously a very catastrophic problem in the game. I do think adding an auto button would be more beneficial...but...ya know..it is apparently a huge issue.

Buttons and access should not cause people to become so angry....it is a problem.

This is ridiculous.......I have better things to do. You all have fun fighting over a button...and whatever not real things you want to fight about.
[quote name="TurtleSkittles" date="2021-02-24 13:11:16" ] I have changed my mind.... Now I support removing the coli all together. If allowing everyone access by adding an auto button is such a problem, then the coli is a bad thing for FR in general. No more time should be wasted on trying to make it better for people, it should just be removed. I am sure the devs could find a suitable replacement for the coli...which is obviously a very catastrophic problem in the game. I do think adding an auto button would be more beneficial...but...ya know..it is apparently a huge issue. Buttons and access should not cause people to become so angry....it is a problem. This is ridiculous.......I have better things to do. You all have fun fighting over a button...and whatever not real things you want to fight about. [/quote] But plenty of people enjoy coli. I loved training up my team for the first time. Why would you want to take that away from users? If you don't like coli, you could hire someone to coli for you, or save up treasure/gems to get the drops you want.
TurtleSkittles wrote on 2021-02-24 13:11:16:

But plenty of people enjoy coli. I loved training up my team for the first time. Why would you want to take that away from users?

If you don't like coli, you could hire someone to coli for you, or save up treasure/gems to get the drops you want.
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9