Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Have you ever impulse bought a skin...?
1 2 3
Has anyone else ever impulse bought a skin/accent because it's so pretty, only to realize you don't actually have a single dragon in your lair that can wear it?

Because I have. Multiple times.

Depending on how much I like the skin, I might buy a cheap dragon to wear it (that's actually how I ended up with the dragon in my avatar, who ended up becoming a favorite of mine!) but most of the time I just sigh and shove the skin/accent in my vault in the vain hope that one day I'll use it.

I now have five pages of unused skins/accents in my vault for that exact reason, and I can't bring myself to sell any of them because "Maybe I'll get a dragon it'd be perfect on!"

*sigh* Maybe one day I'll stop doing this. But probably not any time soon

So yeah, anyone else have this problem?
Has anyone else ever impulse bought a skin/accent because it's so pretty, only to realize you don't actually have a single dragon in your lair that can wear it?

Because I have. Multiple times.

Depending on how much I like the skin, I might buy a cheap dragon to wear it (that's actually how I ended up with the dragon in my avatar, who ended up becoming a favorite of mine!) but most of the time I just sigh and shove the skin/accent in my vault in the vain hope that one day I'll use it.

I now have five pages of unused skins/accents in my vault for that exact reason, and I can't bring myself to sell any of them because "Maybe I'll get a dragon it'd be perfect on!"

*sigh* Maybe one day I'll stop doing this. But probably not any time soon

So yeah, anyone else have this problem?
Veo99mO.gifBfiB8Ka.pngkBpCOnb.pngwTBPG5s.pngSLGMeHq.pngexUrsEs.pngcedPG3i.pngypbGWNk.png
lBxYxId.png
Oof, I tend to this a lot. It's worse because I got skins that I actually need to be applied to the dragons I have already but yet found myself buying a couple of Pearlcatcher and Goaler skins because "oh but what if the price gets too high" mentality.
Oof, I tend to this a lot. It's worse because I got skins that I actually need to be applied to the dragons I have already but yet found myself buying a couple of Pearlcatcher and Goaler skins because "oh but what if the price gets too high" mentality.
Yeah, I've done this a lot. I try not to do it anymore - I still have a filthy UMA habit but now I make sure there's a dragon who can actually wear it.
Yeah, I've done this a lot. I try not to do it anymore - I still have a filthy UMA habit but now I make sure there's a dragon who can actually wear it.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I'm not usually into skins but I almost did that today with a beautiful pink fairy skin that literally does not match any dragon I have
I'm not usually into skins but I almost did that today with a beautiful pink fairy skin that literally does not match any dragon I have
Heart.gif
Yes or i get a bunch of skins that amazing but i prefer accents more
Yes or i get a bunch of skins that amazing but i prefer accents more
qe7N2ik.png
Fortunately I only do this with... fest skins, but boy do I still do it. If you're doing this with UMA's then I weep for your poor poor wallet!
Fortunately I only do this with... fest skins, but boy do I still do it. If you're doing this with UMA's then I weep for your poor poor wallet!
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Hmmmmmm... How many shoes do ya have in your closet that date from a long time ago bc they might come back in style? *Raises hand! Me me!* I think there may be a correlation here.....
Hmmmmmm... How many shoes do ya have in your closet that date from a long time ago bc they might come back in style? *Raises hand! Me me!* I think there may be a correlation here.....
64198691.png65999645.png65019911.png
Pft.
Pft.
Y3kY2LN.png
Ummmm. no. Never. :sweats nervously:

Definitely not this skin, just last month .
And I definitely didn't buy a g1 and now the snapper scroll for her to to wear it.
Ummmm. no. Never. :sweats nervously:

Definitely not this skin, just last month .
And I definitely didn't buy a g1 and now the snapper scroll for her to to wear it.
I definitely did so in the past >_>;;

Nowadays, I try to avoid looking at the skin/accent forum and AH section because I still have several that are sitting unused in my hoard and buying more, no matter how beautiful they are, will not help solve the problem at hand ;__;
I definitely did so in the past >_>;;

Nowadays, I try to avoid looking at the skin/accent forum and AH section because I still have several that are sitting unused in my hoard and buying more, no matter how beautiful they are, will not help solve the problem at hand ;__;
JBEajtP.gif
1 2 3